Discussion - The Grand "Comic Book Movie Adaptions Thread"! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Grand "Comic Book Movie Adaptions Thread"!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I just realized I meant to say Batman Begins not Batman Returns in my previous post >.> Edited.

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I guess this is really ana discussion on movies and not fantasies but I want a Captain America movie. Maybe with a WWII setting, movies about Nazi Germany usually sell good. That and Cap has always been a fave of mine, when he's not on the Avengers. Though I have no qualms wth him in the Ultimates.

Also another Comic book hero that needs to be movie-ized is Green Latern. Can't be that hard to do, have Hal Jordan crash (yes it has to be Hal and not Kyle) land his plane into a Latern who just got blasted into Earth. Have him die after using his ring to save Hal, then give Hal the ring and have a kick ass fight ^^. The rest of the plot can just be ripped of the comics I guess >.>

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
manu said:
Also another Comic book hero that needs to be movie-ized is Green Latern. Can't be that hard to do, have Hal Jordan crash (yes it has to be Hal and not Kyle) land his plane into a Latern who just got blasted into Earth. Have him die after using his ring to save Hal, then give Hal the ring and have a kick ass fight ^^. The rest of the plot can just be ripped of the comics I guess >.>
I second that motion. If they're really making a GL movie. I'll fly to Holywood to join the casting audition. I dont care if they'll cast me as G'Nort. :D

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
=_=;

I think I just crapped myself.

Gwyneth Paltrow is playing Pepper Potts in the Iron Man movie...

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
...you're lying.

You're not...

I find it disturbing that blond actresses are stealing roles from perfectly good and talented red head actresses.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It was announced in the Marvel site D: I do feel as distressed as you do. The thing that I don't understand is how they even chose her? From what I know, they were asking people on their MySpace account on who should play her, and I do not understand how Gwyneth Paltrow's name came into the mix D:

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviesto...aphic+link&utm_content=/news/moviestories.811

I can't stop feeling sad. I wanted a red-headed actress to play her. XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Eh. There's not many redhead actresses out there that I like anyway. Though I'm not crazy about Paltrow.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Scarlett Johansson could make a great Pepper Pot. I dont care if she's not a redhead. :D

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
^HRm. That's not a bad idea. I like Scarlett >.>;

But there's jsut something about Gwynetth that I can't see as Pepper. She looks too skinny I think D:

Right now, I smetimes wish it were a few years ahead. Marvel's working on alot of up-coming movies, and it's great! Avengers, Capt. America, Iron Man, Ant Man and many more! But I really can't wait for Ant MAn!! XD It's supposedly going to feature the first two 'Ant Man'. Personally, I'm hopnig to see Hanks get his ass kicked by Scott. Booyah!

Would still be nice to see someone working on Fables though :(