Year Round - The Football/Soccer Thread v3 | Page 97 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The time doesn't really matter much.
But I don't see the point of selling Schurrle and getting Cuadrado. I guess Schurrle wanted to play alongside Bendtner so badly.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The time doesn't really matter much.
But I don't see the point of selling Schurrle and getting Cuadrado. I guess Schurrle wanted to play alongside Bendtner so badly.
Well Cuadrado is good, especially as a winger, while I like Willian, but he doesn't compare to Cuadrado IMO
Also as you said, it would be a waste to keep Schurrle as a sub, he's good and talented, needs more playing time and Wolfsburg is a good team for that

---------- Post added February 07, 2015 at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was February 03, 2015 at 05:38 PM ----------

Madrid losing 4-0 against Atleti ? What a good day

Great performance by " the best player in the world "

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker

And Chelsea go 7 points clear.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Messi needs one more assist to beat Figo's record and to have most assists in La Liga

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Messi breaks all record. :ttgl

Although you'd typically think that would be something Xavi/iniesta would do.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Chelsea are confirmed to have cloning technology.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Villa sack Lambert.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I'm surprised they let him last so long. Villa's form took such a huge dip after a good start to the season they had; runs of defeat and long-ass goal drought. I wonder who will come in to replace him.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
EA getting their sponsorship action in.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Well I'm surprised they let him last so long. Villa's form took such a huge dip after a good start to the season they had; runs of defeat and long-ass goal drought. I wonder who will come in to replace him.
Yeah, I thought he should've been sacked back in 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh Smalling got himself a double? :XD bloody hell, whoever bet on that got a huge winning.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Thank god for Messi, thank god for Messi omg
Also, nice goal from Suarez today

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Playing against Barça is easier than playing against Stoke, right Kompany ?

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Regarding the Champions League's matches, i have only to praise my team. 2 games where we absolutely controlled Basel. Sure Based was definitely of the weakest teams that we could had faced at this point, but in recent history we have seen them having great results vs top tiers teams like Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea.

Brahimi, that had been under radar, since he returned from CAN did an amazing performance. Casemiro, who is prolly only of the players that was most criticized by me since the beginning of the season was one of the best yesterday.

Jackson, on the previous game, had to leave the game because of an injury and couldn't play today. One of the players that is recognized as one of the most valuable players on our team, and we didn't even miss it. He will obviously leave on the next market season, but i think with Abouba we will keep having a lot of quality for that position, even though the style of both players is definitely different, and yesterday it was visible with another good performance by Aboubakar. It has been always like that, when he has the chance to play.

Tello has been one of the most decisive players lately, because he has been scoring a lot of goals. I definitely see talent on him, but before this phase of his, he constantly failed on the last decision, either with fail passes or bad executed shots. But lately he has been really consistent and above all showing a lot of efficacy. Scored vs Sporting the Braga last week the winning goal, and the week before he did an hat-trick vs Sporting, a team that wasn't only on the 8th finals of the Champions League because of some terrible performance of a certain referee on the game in Germany when they played Schalke where they were scandally prejudiced.
They were eliminated vs Wolfsburg, but some could say that had they had a bit more luck they would have passed, but they lacked a lot on the finalization specially when they played at their place.

If the Quarter-finals were to happen in a couple of days i wouldn't mind facing Real Madrid, who are playing extremely poor, but i think they will definitely bounce back. Kinda of a shame that Schalke didn't manage to eliminate them :derp
Cassilas once again with the fantastic performances *cof cof But the all team in general is playing extremely poor.
Ancelotti is overhyped in my opinion. How is it possible that in so many years in charge of so many fantastic teams, he only has won the respective national league 4 times? Though is Champions League is indeed quite awesome, this is something that bothers me so much.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
So there's still some people that think Cesc doesn't disappear during the second half of the season ?
Absolutely weak and pathetic display from Chelsea despite the superiority in numbers and despite the quality of players... Mourinho's tactics ruined everything, last year he said he didn't have the right team, now what ?

Congrats to PSG for fighting against the odds, although Zlatan being sent off was a gift for them considering how slow that man is, does nothing good

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You're right. Cesc was awful. Most of the team was awful. Mourinho's set up, tactics, and substitutions were awful. Drogba, really?

PSG deserved to win, and that's sad to have to say as a Chelsea fan.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
You're right. Cesc was awful. Most of the team was awful. Mourinho's set up, tactics, and substitutions were awful. Drogba, really?

PSG deserved to win, and that's sad to have to say as a Chelsea fan.
Honestly I was rooting for Chelsea because I don't exactly like PSG and their obnoxious fans... But after this game, it's really impossible not to support PSG
There were some moments when PSG woth just 10 men had the possession of the ball while Chelsea players were parking the bus, unbelievable

Do you reckon Abramovitch will keep Mourinho after this ?

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Honestly I was rooting for Chelsea because I don't exactly like PSG and their obnoxious fans... But after this game, it's really impossible not to support PSG
There were some moments when PSG woth just 10 men had the possession of the ball while Chelsea players were parking the bus, unbelievable

Do you reckon Abramovitch will keep Mourinho after this ?
PSG's fans were even more obnoxious after the match, honestly.

PSG had energy and we didn't. I think that Mourinho was horrible.

If we don't win the league, yes, Mourinho will be sacked.

I won't root for PSG, not even if they draw Barca in the next round. It's probably because of the idiots on /r/soccer that have caused me to feel this way. The PSG, and just English club fans, were super obnoxious.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I find it pretty funny that (IIRC) once when Mourinho lost coaching Real Madrid playing with ten he said ¨...it's hard to play with only ten men¨. Now, after he lost to PSG, he said ¨It's way easier to play with 10, you have no pressure, you have nothing to lose¨ :rofl

Portuguese people love crying don't they :D

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I don't think City and Arsenal are going to QF's either. PL is surely on decline. I miss the old days when 3 out of 4 semifinalists used to be from premier league.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't think City and Arsenal are going to QF's either. PL is surely on decline. I miss the old days when 3 out of 4 semifinalists used to be from premier league.
Ehh I'm not sure about City, with Touré playing, anything could happen

---------- Post added March 18, 2015 at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was March 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM ----------

Messi... Messi omg, I just can't anymore it's too much for to handle
Hart was fucking good tonight and Suarez/Neymar missed way too many opportunities...

Status
Not open for further replies.