Year Round - The Football/Soccer Thread v3 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
His history? He had a long ban before (because of racism), what would a longer ban do right now?

Ok, kicking isn't worse. If someone bites it's just painful, if someone kicks there might be an injury, I get it.
It's supposed to be a gentlemen's game :derp

Plus, contact like that can spread disease. It's fucking disgusting.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Actually, Hardy, he's bitten before. Back when he was playing for Ajax in 2010, Suarez bit the shoulder of a PSV Eindhoven midfielder. He ended up with a 7 match ban for that.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
And he didn't spread any diseases back then? See Gary, everything's fine :-_-

Jokes aside, apparently banning him isn't enough. I think this is the only way to "stop" him...

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
And he didn't spread any diseases back then? See Gary, everything's fine :-_-

Jokes aside, apparently banning him isn't enough. I think this is the only way to "stop" him...

There's already a parody pick of Suarez in a muzzle up that I saw.

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
It's about setting an example, What suarez did has been seen by many kids around the world, therefore it's only natural to give him a good lesson. It's not the first time that he's shown this kind of behavior (racial slur on Evra, biting another player) so why should they be nice to people like him.

I'd rather see someone kicking or pushing than biting. Biting is for animals... And Suarez doesn't seem to learn from his actions, he apologized yes but he's probably going to do some stupid stuff soon so hopefully he'll learn that he won't get away with it anymore.

Oh and i should add that he didn't just bite Ivanovic, he lied in front of the referee's face and acted like it was Ivanovic who hurt him instead... Suarez was faking an injury on his leg and the referee blamed Ivanovic instead, like seriously he deserve this ban.

The craziest thing is that people feel that he's been nice enough to apologize. But they don't get that he didn't specifically want to apologize, he had NO choice because you always need to apologize for this kind of stuff or the consequences are going to be much bigger.

A 3 game ban would have been sufficient for a player with no past like him.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think that this is my favorite Suarez parody.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm calling it, if Madrid and Barcelona manage to advance somehow I'm eating a broomstick :p

@Nast J. why are you rooting for the germans by the way? It looks like germany is quite liked over at canade, I know a mod who's from there too and she likes germany too ;)

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
It's not that i like germany, it's just that i enjoy watching their gameplay. Quick counterattacks, precise passes and magnificient goals, they've always worked as a team. I even remember back then people saying that giving a freekick or corner to germany was the same as giving them a penalty xD.And they always had pretty good goalkeeper as well, i remember Kahn was my favorite. The guy would save so many goals, he was just simply amazing. Besides after watching the semi finals, no one can deny how good german players are.

But don't worry i'm not rooting for them in the World cup :P

kakashi919

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I think people like Germany simply because they've always been an entertaining team to watch. Most of their games are very fast paced and almost always has a lot of goals.

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Suarez didn't appeal his 10 match ban. Here's what he said
"I would like to explain to everybody that I decided to accept the ban because whilst 10 games is clearly greater than those bans given in past cases where players have actually been seriously injured, I acknowledge that my actions were not acceptable so I do not want to give the wrong impression to people by making an appeal.''
That retard still doesn't want to acknowledge that what he did was bad. Comparing himself with other players , really? If ivanovic didn't push him, maybe the injuries would have been severe but that didn't seem to cross his mind.

Suarez is just a dipshit in my opinion, he proved it against Evra and in the past too and the ban was more than enough.

Apparently Mike Tyson followed Suarez on twitter after the incident and commented on it :derp (he probably wants to make the news again..)

On the other hand, a great game between Tottham and Wigan, both team deserved to win but it finished with 2-2. The fight for the Champions league place is intense. Let's see what Chelsea is going to do in their next game.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Wigan gifted Spurs two goals today, but it happens.

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah...an 89th min own goal sucks....

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Liverpool leading 6-0 against Newcastle with 15 mns left. playing 11v10.
Poor Newcastle..

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Questionable refereeing at best... but nothing that would have changed the game. Newcastle were horrible, Liverpool were just in good form... it's how they have been all season. Play at their best one game, then shit their selves in the other.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Man Utd vs Arsenal today. Thoughts? :derp

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Given that there are no other competitions to fight for for United this season, and Fergie would love to take the points record from us, I think that Fergie fields a strong team and Giroud's suspension actually makes Arsenal better, so maybe a 2-2 draw

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I don't think it's gonna end up as a draw, MU is going to win. Van persie is in a very good shape after his last hat trick, I've got the feeling that Arsenal is going to lose.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh, don't get me wrong, Nast, I'd like for United to win, but I've learned not to count my chickens before they hatch, so I'm picking a draw.

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah, we never know. I'm actually rooting for Arsenal though :P but i doubt they're going win.

Status
Not open for further replies.