Discussion - The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th- | Page 52 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Reala

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is so surreal, and so soon, somebody hold mee ;^;/

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia

Niko_kun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nothing about DGM, just that readers can read the new stories/oneshots?? even before CROWN gets released, every day a series will be "offered" I think and if it gets 10,000 retweets they will make it fully available to read online. :''D
thank you!! and thats nice btw, they could offer the first pages of dgm as well haha

MonkeyW

Reaction score
Country
Germany
http://mantan-web.jp/2015/07/04/201...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

"「ジャンプSQ.CROWN」は、「ジャンプSQ.19」で連載された内藤泰弘さんの「血界戦線」の新シリーズがスタートするほか、星野桂さんの「D.Gray-man」が「ジャンプSQ.」から移籍する。「ボクのマンガ」などの片陸遼助さんの新作読み切りや新人マンガ家の読み切りが掲載される。"

I use translator and I can't understand....I'm afraid of my own thoughts....

tgirl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is so surreal, and so soon, somebody hold mee ;^;/
Sorry, I don't know what your hair looks like. Just using your avatar. ^__^;

Also, forgot that you can't upload pics from your computer to IG. >__< So, the picture quality isn't that good. (I would've used Tumblr, but that's reserved for a different series. Haha....ah..)

http://mantan-web.jp/2015/07/04/201...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

"「ジャンプSQ.CROWN」は、「ジャンプSQ.19」で連載された内藤泰弘さんの「血界戦線」の新シリーズがスタートするほか、星野桂さんの「D.Gray-man」が「ジャンプSQ.」から移籍する。「ボクのマンガ」などの片陸遼助さんの新作読み切りや新人マンガ家の読み切りが掲載される。"

I use translator and I can't understand....I'm afraid of my own thoughts....
The Twitter post is talking about the ending of SQ.19 and a sample of what to come. What we only need to know from it is the "Hoshino Katsura-san's D.Gray-Man transfer from Jump SQ" line. In brackets, I would've added in, at the end, "to JumpSQ. CROWN". I know he/she doesn't have too much room to type that in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Reala

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I don't know what your hair looks like. Just using your avatar. ^__^;

Also, forgot that you can't upload pics from your computer to IG. >__< So, the picture quality isn't that good. (I would've used Tumblr, but that's reserved for a different series. Haha....ah..)

The Twitter post is talking about the ending of SQ.19 and a sample of what to come. What we only need to know from it is the "Hoshino Katsura-san's D.Gray-Man transfer from Jump SQ" line. In brackets, I would've added in, at the end, "to JumpSQ. CROWN". I know he/she doesn't have too much room to type that in.
(//0\\) thank you ^-^/ It's lovely :D

Last edited by a moderator:

in the other world

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my.

"Serialisation."

I still haven't quite absorbed this yet, so I'm strangely calm. It's still hard to believe that in around two weeks or so some of my questions may finally be answered after over two years of waiting. It's quite daunting.

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
OMG!! I almost lost hope for this manga to continue, but here it is after such a long time finally it's back!!

I don't know I'm so happy of course but it feels unreal somehow, this is one of my most favorite manga that was especially painful it had to go on hiatus for unknown period of time...

I haven't been to this forum for like forever and had to make a new account, sigh!!!!!!!! gathering from the posts I read here it's gonna be in a new magazine that releases quarterly,, I'm satisfied with anything as long as we get to read D.gray man again....

How I missed Allen!!!

JDSS

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
(Half off-topic)

How much time the Edited Mangas take? I mean, they appear quickly?

thanks in advance

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
(Half off-topic)

How much time the Edited Mangas take? I mean, they appear quickly?

thanks in advance
usually 3-4 days advance the official day

practically

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speaking of which, does anyone know which Edited Manga group(s) will pick up DGM now? I'm excited to go right to the source, instead of waiting for reposts on other sites. @ v@;;

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, the last group to scanlate DGM was mangastream. I don't know if they will keep doing it.

If they do, we have to keep in mind that we might get 50-60 pages of manga per issue.

MS also scanlates Shingeki no Kyojin, monthly with 50p more or less, it gets ready a few days after the official release (2-3 days). But, a group of fans use the chinese Edited Mangas to release earlier every month.

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking of doing it (like, 3 days ago) but I realized that there's no way I'll be able to get a chapter out at a reasonable time. Not to mention I expect the page count around 50~60 pages, have no access to raws, and frankly I realized I don't really want to spoil the surprise for myself by being the one to translate it. I imagine there will be quite a race between some of the bigger groups, but I won't be one of them lol.

And the page count should be 50~60pgs, right? After all, most oneshots and pilots that would premier in SQ Crown should have around 60 pages too.
it's okay, i'll just read 20 pages a month

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Chapter 220 has around 45-50 pages, according to a pic on instagram

tgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
:/ Well, if my local Kinokuniya actually ordered SQ.Crown, that would be nice. Last month, I found out that they are receiving SQ issues. Question would be if SQ.Crown would also be shipped to them. That all depends on the Japanese expats. I would probably feel a little awkward to ask them (the store) if they could start getting SQ.Crown issues since they get stuff by supply and demand. However, my expectations are pretty low that Kinokuniya would receive SQ.Crown. (Should've put that down as a wish on the Tanabata tree in the JP shopping center... Doh.).

I'm sure someone will get the raws. If it was me, it would be a challenge to put the book onto the scanner... I tried to do it with a regular B5 size tank, and that was just hard. However, if someone gets the raws, he/she can put it onto Mangalator. That way, we can all pitch in and translate a page or whatever we can work on. That would lighten the 50+ page load.

On a side note, I know the promo Allen pic, used for the SQ.Crown cover, is old....., but I just find it interesting that they used this same image for Akamaru Jump. The previous DGM revival issue way back several years ago. The only difference is that we're missing Kanda this time. I think this was before I started reading DGM, since I missed out on her one year hiatus.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you don't have any larger Kinokuniya stores near you (Shinjuku is the biggest but any large town should have one with a decent selection), try convenience stores on 7/17, or keep checking Amazon.co.jp (since they do have JSQ, JSQC might become available directly, OR a private seller might offer it). Also sites like Rakuten. From there, if you're going to be in Japan for a while, you might consider a subscription.

Last edited:

tgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
^ The thing is, I'm not in Japan. ^___^ So yeah, it's a lot harder to see what manga mags do come over to my country from Japan. Kinokuniya is the popular big chain that has some branches all over the world. I've been to the ones in Los Angeles (old small version), Australia, and Taiwan. (Ironically, I've never been to a bookstore in Japan when I visited there twice.) However, my home turf Kinokuniya is on the East Coast of the U.S. I'm also next to the one in NYC, but that's sort of a pricey travel to get to.

So, I have a downsized Kinokuniya attached to the Japanese supermarket chain, Mitsuwa. It used to be a lot bigger, but then, a different JP bookstore moved in and made it shrunk. Then, Kinokuniya came back - thank goodness. The previous bookstore chain didn't get stuff on release date. I don't think they carried SQ, but Kinokuniya does. I know the NYC Kinokuniya carried old SQ issues when they were at their old location. My local Kinokuniya, when it was bigger, got stuff exactly on release date, and they seem to be doing that again with certain mags. The only question would be if there is any demand for SQ.Crown. :/ If the demand is there, Kinokuniya will get it. It just has to be constantly bought, I suppose...?

Edit: I'm going to give Kinokuniya a call later today, when I can, and ask them. Hopefully, the kind Japanese cashier will understand what I'm talking about. :-)

If I was in Taiwan for the summer, it would probably be a little easier. For that case though, all the JP bookstores in Taiwan are not equal either. I sometimes can't find a particular volume in one store so I have to head to a different one.

I have ordered manga from both eBay and Amazon.co.jp. (I was crazy enough to do that.). Those take an awful long time to get to my destination, plus, they are also on the pricey scale (of course). >__<

Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh, I didn't know they had international stores. That's interesting. Generally speaking, I find most bookstores are more than willing to order in something their chain carries but they don't happen to have in stock. Some even carry magazine subscriptions for people to pick up as they come in (sort of like a preorder on Amazon, but you have to go get it yourself). If you're in a large city, you might check if you have a local library that carries foreign language magazines, too. They might be persuaded to add Crown to their list if they know people want it. (The next time you're in the Tokyo area, you should visit the flagship Kinokuniya though! Ebisu station south exit, I think it was. I wasn't looking at manga but it's probably the biggest bookstore I've ever been in.)

Anyway, if you manage to get a hold of a copy, I trust you'll let us know. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.