the coming chapters could mean TOG apocalipsis | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

the coming chapters could mean TOG apocalipsis

Do you think that TOG is going to get better or even worse with time to fit TV agenda

• Yes it will be better SIU is going to go back to his old self

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ignorant

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I'll be honest, I can already see a "Madara effect" in the next coming chapters.

SIU portrayed the FHs so highly that readers see them as gods. They are "so strong and above all" that there are no justifiable ways to kill them or at least defeat them In a good way so that readers are happy with it.
He will have to invent new things never explained before and without any sense to make them fall
And that's when this manhwa will die.

Another thing is that readers expect a lot from Luslec
And Baek Ryun or (WHS), but in this scenario they are simply high rankers who can't do anything to These entities called FHs, our enthusiasm for them will die and nothing they do will surprise us.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
The Family Heads don't have to be killed or stopped. All that needs to happen is Baam deciding that he doesn't want that outcome and refusing to cooperate with the people who are trying to get him to do it.

And if SIU really wants to have something to stop them from fighting, then all he needs to do is have Urek be on that Wingtree ship.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Do people still see the Irregulars like that? They are just Humans stronger than most.

Vali x lucifer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
S1 tog or even early season 2 is never coming back, i made peace with that. The universe SIU created is interesting enough to keep me interested even as a mainstream shonen most of the times. I have no idea if i am going to enjoy the next arcs but i just hope for the best ofc, at worst i will take some breaks but for now i am interested enough to keep reading, although i haven't bought a fast pass or physical copy since the end of the White fight, never really got the enthusiasm fully back after taking the break.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I doubt I'll be satisified if one of the FH doesn't die and it should be Traumerei.

The most annoying thing about SIU recently is that he doesn't commit. Interesting things happen and they get interrupted, everyone ends up holding hands with these alliances and Baam has very vague motives. It's very annoying.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Do people still see the Irregulars like that? They are just Humans stronger than most.
I'd make the case that there's an argument to be made that irregulars are to some unspecified capacity superior, better, greater or more significant than mere tower residents in such a way that their perception of tower residents as inferior is not that off base. Of course, they are still ultimately human. I think there are two specific bits in the story that point towards this:

1.- First is the souls of tower residents. Gustang referred to the souls of floor of death residents as tiny. There's almost an specific implication that gustang's and other great warrior souls are big. At least that's how I interpreted that.

2.- The interaction between gustang and urek... Urek makes the point he doesn't like hanging out with the family heads because of how they are with tower residents. But when gustang mocks urek over his attachment to the tiny souls urek's reaction isn't that those tiny souls are worth as much as his own or anything like that. Urek's reaction suggests IMO that he at least thinks gustang is correct in this regard. Of course urek, the whale, still sees these microbes in a pond as having value and their existence however small being of significance.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'd make the case that there's an argument to be made that irregulars are to some unspecified capacity superior, better, greater or more significant than mere tower residents in such a way that their perception of tower residents as inferior is not that off base. Of course, they are still ultimately human. I think there are two specific bits in the story that point towards this:

1.- First is the souls of tower residents. Gustang referred to the souls of floor of death residents as tiny. There's almost an specific implication that gustang's and other great warrior souls are big. At least that's how I interpreted that.

2.- The interaction between gustang and urek... Urek makes the point he doesn't like hanging out with the family heads because of how they are with tower residents. But when gustang mocks urek over his attachment to the tiny souls urek's reaction isn't that those tiny souls are worth as much as his own or anything like that. Urek's reaction suggests IMO that he at least thinks gustang is correct in this regard. Of course urek, the whale, still sees these microbes in a pond as having value and their existence however small being of significance.
Oh, I wasn't talking about the characters in the story, but us fans/readers. The more we see them, the more we see their flaws.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, I wasn't talking about the characters in the story, but us fans/readers. The more we see them, the more we see their flaws.
Ah, I see what you mean. This feats pretty well into how SIU is inspired by the greek pantheon. Actual gods but deeply flawed... That said, I don't think the family heads or zahard are actual gods. More like god-like... ish.

big094

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I doubt I'll be satisified if one of the FH doesn't die and it should be Traumerei.

The most annoying thing about SIU recently is that he doesn't commit. Interesting things happen and they get interrupted, everyone ends up holding hands with these alliances and Baam has very vague motives. It's very annoying.
I agree with this. I feel the highs and lows from panel to panel. There will be a panel that gets me hyped and at the next scroll ive lost it all over again. IVe always maintained that it will probably make sense at the end of the arc but that doesnt work for a once a week production. SIU kills momentum like its his kink. But its also unfortunate that his health is questionable, makes you feel for the guy. He should have done a light novel and let someone else worry about the manwha.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
SIU portrayed the FHs so highly that readers see them as gods. They are "so strong and above all" that there are no justifiable ways to kill them or at least defeat them In a good way so that readers are happy with it.

There were immortal creatures on the floor of death, who couldn't be killed.

Yet Bam did have a strange innate ability related to his magical resistance, allowing him to kill them.

Luslec and Gustang both mentioned two family heads meeting their end soon.

It appears there is an elaborate strategy and plan in place to make it a reality.

To make the arc meaningful and satisfying we must first see what their sins are to make their ends justiable in a way resembling closure.

glio

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It was either Shinwonryu or the Thorn. Or both.
the torn... shiwonryu is just a technique he learned the same way as the FH in the rice pot. The thorn is the weapon to kill...

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It was either Shinwonryu or the Thorn. Or both.

This is interesting:

Shinwonryu Powers and Abilities

Anti-Spell
It appears that Shinwonryu has the ability to straight up nullify / negates / break Spells. This was first displayed when Baam was able to kill Fabregas, who was supposed to be immortal due to the special Spell of Immortality placed inside the Floor of Death. So, Shinwonryu can break the spell endowing immortality to the entire floor inhabitants.[14][15]

In the case of Lo Po Bia Traumerei, his Shinwonryu could easily destroy the "spell-protected walls" of The Nest.

Source:

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmmmm, I don't get the sense the story has told us shinwonryu has anti spell qualities. At the time fabregas was defeated bam used shinwonryu which is why it was thought shinwonryu can cancel spells.. But bam has cancelled spells without shinwonryu plenty of times, there's plenty of room for anti spell stuff to have been at play here.

insignificant creature

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hmmmm, I don't get the sense the story has told us shinwonryu has anti spell qualities. At the time fabregas was defeated bam used shinwonryu which is why it was thought shinwonryu can cancel spells.. But bam has cancelled spells without shinwonryu plenty of times, there's plenty of room for anti spell stuff to have been at play here.
Rather than anti spell I believe it to be anti shisn
This is interesting:

Shinwonryu Powers and Abilities

Anti-Spell
It appears that Shinwonryu has the ability to straight up nullify / negates / break Spells. This was first displayed when Baam was able to kill Fabregas, who was supposed to be immortal due to the special Spell of Immortality placed inside the Floor of Death. So, Shinwonryu can break the spell endowing immortality to the entire floor inhabitants.[14][15]

In the case of Lo Po Bia Traumerei, his Shinwonryu could easily destroy the "spell-protected walls" of The Nest.

Source:
I think only Viole's shinsu black hole sphere has anti shinsu ability. Generally anti magic, even darkness fruit has colour black. You cannot compare a fledgling irregular to full fledged Irregular. Traum's all creatures could simply do that because of his overwhelming power. Viole as a d rank irregular could negate rankers in last station and karaka's in FoD shinsus.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Shinwonryu is a form of shinsoo control, albeit a superior one. We do see it dispersing conventional shinsoo though I don't think that necessarily means it has anti shinsoo properties. I think it's more a hierarchy thing.

It's also worth noting that we recently saw urek forcing his way through luslec's spells. As in he broke them through brute strength alone. I'd say this is comparable to how traumerei destroyed the nest.

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I, for one, still see Zahard and the 10 Leaders as above that. Even right now. They are special irregulars with really special contracts.

I see Urek as just a human stronger than strong.