The cnet128 Thread | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The cnet128 Thread

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Certain highly addictive video games? Just curious, but are you playing Tales of Graces as well? :3

Thanks for all your translations for those series thus far, cnet. X3

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Makes me sad you drop Soul Eater. But studies come first, that I can't argue.
Lots of thanks.

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Certain highly addictive video games? Just curious, but are you playing Tales of Graces as well? :3
'Course I am. Loving the battle system, even if it does still feel a little strange fighting in a Tales game with a non-side-on perspective. I've been controlling Pascal mostly (Pascal ftw) but all of the characters seem pretty interesting, and I look forward to tackling the arena with them =p

*hopes the arena battles in this game are even half as win as in Vesperia*

(I'm still annoyed that I didn't get the pre-order bonus costumes even though I pre-ordered, though. Stupid Play-Asia.)

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
:o

COOOL~~ XDDD

So where are you in the story now? You didn't get to Fendel yet? .-. (since I remembered that there's one main story event that you do have to fight in the arena, before you got to Fendel, iirc...or was it after? .___.")

Yeah! Pascal is COOL~ X3

Good luck playing~ o/

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hahah, no, no, I'm long past the storyline arena battle. I don't exactly consider that the same thing =p I'm on my way back to good old Windol to get the Shuttle at the moment. (On a random note, what the heck is up with the BGM at the ports in this game? ~~ The Windol version is just obnoxious, and the Strata version isn't much better, yet the Fendel version is lovely...)

Hows it going cnet128??? :)
...Er, not bad?

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hahah, no, no, I'm long past the storyline arena battle. I don't exactly consider that the same thing =p I'm on my way back to good old Windol to get the Shuttle at the moment. (On a random note, what the heck is up with the BGM at the ports in this game? ~~ The Windol version is just obnoxious, and the Strata version isn't much better, yet the Fendel version is lovely...)
HAHA! LOL, sorry about that (since I considered it as somewhat the same, taken that it's still an arena battle, just a compulsory one...>__<")

AH! Alright...XDDD

:o

Obnoxious? I admit that I like Fendel's port's BGM more than the other two, but...XDDDD

PS. Sorry, don't know if the arena is as good as ToV though, since I didn't play ToV...T_T

talalan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Thank you for all your hard work.

saheton

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly?

d3death

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
cnet what are the chances of your translations appearing on mangastream scans? they usually release chapter before anyone has good raws.

Once i think they did provide you with raws, so what are the chances of becoming that permanent. coz i would really love to read your trans with quickest and good quality scan.

Thanks!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hey cnet! I have a question regarding some translations.

http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bleach/Maximum7/316/15
Your translation:
Gin: Ahhh... // Pretty hot in here... / You didn't have to do all that, Captain-Commander-san. // What do we do now, Captain Aizen? // We can't take part in the fighting like this.
Aizen: Nothing. // In this fight... // ...there is no need for us to even lift a finger; it was over before it began. // That is all there is to it.
As you can see, both are actually a tad different. I have read every translation I could find (english and spanish) but overall they seem to be diveded between this two versions. Why is there this difference? Overall which would you think works better? I know it is kind of a dumb question since I am asking you to choose between your own ans someone else translation but overall I don't know which one is more reliable at this point lol......

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not entirely sure what difference you're getting at. They just look like two different interpretations to me. What exactly are you looking for "reliability" about? >_<

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What I want to know is which interpretation is more accurate. "The battle being over before it began and not having to lift a finger" could imply a number of things over "the battle being over without them lifting a finger".

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Literally, what he says is something like "All this means is that this battle will now finish without our having to do a thing." So I suppose the M7 translation is the more strictly accurate.

MasterDeva

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello Carlos and thank you for all the effort you put every time to deliver us translations for all these series we came to know and love!

I know you had very good reasons to drop some of the series you have been translating for a while now but if there is even the tiniest bit of hope I'd like to ask of you to put back Soul Eater to your active list. Ever since you've dropped it, Soul Eater translations have slowed down to a crawl... if you can, please consider picking it up again!

pandaaqueen

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Are you still super duper busy, Carlos?
Well, I'd be most grateful if you found some time to translate that poem :-]

Thank youuuu ~

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The King bounds

Cleaving shadows
Sounding armour
Scattering bones
Devouring flesh
Grating harshly
Crushing hearts

Alone he reaches
Distant lands

hisoga

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i'm sorry carlos for asking this but are you still collaborate with binktopia for one piece scanslation? i mean, now binktopia+mangastream already release one piece latest chapter but without your translation version... your translation plus binktopia scans is the best...

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
*shrug* If they send me the RAWs, then I use them. If they don't, then, well, don't look at me >_<

d3death

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
i'm sorry carlos for asking this but are you still collaborate with binktopia for one piece scanslation? i mean, now binktopia+mangastream already release one piece latest chapter but without your translation version... your translation plus binktopia scans is the best...

\/ \/ \/ \/
binktopia said:
As of now there are not any plans to v2 with cnet.
binktopia said:
It's not my usual style, but I feel like there is a need to speak clearly here, for once.

To all those who've "asked" (for) stuff in the recent days, via comments, pm's and emails, you know who I'm talking to, here are some clear statements, for everyone.

1. No, we don't have a problem with cnet. And no, we don't have any kind of love affair either. We will use the translations we want to, who the fuck are you to tell us what to do? Generally, I feel like using the translator who's the easiest to deal with. That includes direct contact to him, and him answering asap when I contact him. Cnet wasn't always the easiest person to deal with, that's all I can say about it. On the other hand, molokidan is a professional translator, native in english, living in japan, making his cash by translating among other things. As for Naruhodo, he's already got quite a few years of professional audio and text translations down, so even more experienced. I dare say our translators are fucking awesome.
http://www.binktopia.org/news/115
http://www.binktopia.org/news/117