Discussion - The Bizarre Lineage of Saiba | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Bizarre Lineage of Saiba

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
After reading this chapter, I can only drop my jaw in awe about the confusing family tree of the Saiba Lineage. Another son of Mr. Yukihira? Asahi proclaims himself as a Saiba? And now Soma suddenly has a half-brother in his life? Here how we summarize

Right in the beginning of the 2nd Term, the Elite Ten have to scatter themselves across Japan over the alleged invasion of the Midnight Chef onto the Japanese Cuisine. While having all of the Midnight Chef beaten. the Elites have just learn that the mastermind behind these assault was a mysterious figure named "Saiba". This prompts an emergency meeting of the elites where Erina urges Soma to call his dad for answers, only to adding more confusion where Jouichiro reveals that "Saiba" is actually his "other son" before he cut the call entirely. Meanwhile, Jouichiro himself confronting the same stranger but, for reason still baffled everyone, he is utterly defeated by 5-0. At the same time, not only the stranger reveals himself as Asahi Saiba and thanking his "father" for this match, he is now heading to Japan and meet his "half-brother" for unknown reasons...

So how d you think about the bizarre line of the Saiba Linage?

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I agree with the theory that the shokugeki was worth the Saiba family name. Asahi is a pupil of Jou.

How the f* does anything (being his true son or not) make sense I don't know.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
As I said in the main thread, this is a mess of a arc.

Does anyone with good understanding of japanese can look again at 271 and see if there is some Kanji shenanigans in Jou´s declaration of having another son?
I know of a blogger that does and helps people with translation, but for the love of me I can´t find the raw

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Now we have the confirmation that Jou and Asahi are not related by blood.