Info - The “Looking For” Manhwa and Manhua Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info The “Looking For” Manhwa and Manhua Thread

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm pretty sure ITry is right. The series your describing is Hellper.

Ninja_Pirate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Does anyone know the name of this Webtoon? It started last month, and back then when I "read" the preview chapter, it gave me a Prison Break vibe. But I didn't give it much thought. Today, this Webtoon is ranked top on Naver and I'm now really interested in this series.

So, if anyone has information about this series, please post it! :)
Looks like this .... http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/motae-solo-r12310

Reactions: syx

patti

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Could anyone suggest some websites to buy digital manhwa or manhua that accept foreign cards?
(Sorry if this kind of question is not allowed.)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Could anyone suggest some websites to buy digital manhwa or manhua that accept foreign cards?
(Sorry if this kind of question is not allowed.)
I don't actually know of any myself.

Most of the korean comics I follow are freely available online through Naver Webtoons and in English through thier English side LINE. Not sure about much outside of that.

Mainly because those sites are in Korean and I have no idea what they say.

Last edited:

patti

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mainly because those sites are in Korean and I have no idea what they say.
Haha, well I have bought manhwa from Bandibooks, but only physical copies - nothing digital. I'd really like to be able to buy the ebooks.

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is Daum the main line?

So many branches and connections so it's quite hard to tell the difference which line to stick with [home, guys, home!] ^_^

---------------------

Hello people:) Nice meeting you all! I'm here on behalf of about a hundred people searching for this one. Nobody seems to remember the title or artist of this manhua,and after days of searching, decided this is neither Japanese nor Korean. We only have the detailed plot, and it's like this:
-snip-

I totally forgot to read the OP thread post (sorry) but from roughly skimming the story, there is such an elaborate mixture of stories and tales that it is hard to pinpoint what stories you're looking for. Some stories that floated into mind involves:
  • Triangle (DBSK)
  • Hong Gil Dong (Much like Robin Hood) and numerous other tales
  • KING2HEARTS
  • Secret Garden
  • Sam I Am (Eunbyul, the actress was in both as well as...)
  • City Hunter
  • (Lee Min Ho was also in) Faith
  • [I'm reminded of] Jang Ok Jeong lives in Love (because of Kim Tae Hee)
  • [Which brings me back to] Stairway to Heaven (or SWTH, Led Zep...)
  • IRIS
  • Athena
  • [The actor and actress Kim Rae... and Soo...] ... (there was a super sad drama about a patient)
  • . . .
I think I am totally off tangent but best of luck to you in finding your story! Or - webtoon!

You mean Fuushigi Yuu...? Yuhi? Toya? Aya? Ayu?
There's so many more works you might be thinking of...

Metronome? Yuna and her "savior" or abuser, was it? Rather confusing.

I hope someone can better help find you to what you are looking for.

---------------------

May Flower? Scott Pilgrim? Scott Alexander? May Queen?
Metronome.

TD;LR:

I'm looking for a manga to read that is romance comedies with a hint of maybe a love story but not entirely with some action.
Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated! I would go on the official site(s) myself but these days, I've found that my Korean reading skill(s) are not as stellar as I wish it were. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm, I don't read a lot of things that match the description exactly but...

Girls of the Wild's is a good series that sounds a bit like that.

The premise, the first male student at all girls school famous for producing female MMA fighters sounds more harem-y than it actually is. The story is really mostly about the various girls and it's mostly told from their POV. And a lot of comedy comes from their personalities and fights with one another. The art is also just absurdly good.

Some series that jump to mind with more action/comedy but a little less on the romance side(though it's still there to some degree) would be Black Haze, Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo, and The Gamer. Of those, I'd recommend The Gamer the highest; because it's probably the best manwha comedy around right now and it's hard to go wrong with that.

The only one I read that jumps to mind on the more love story focused side of things would be Orange Marmalade. It's more of a romantic/slice of life story though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Day

mysterio11

Reaction score
Country
India
name of manhwa required

I forgot the name of the manga. Here is the basic story. It starts with the hero defeating a demon lord. All his friends are dead and he is dying too. Then he sees an object in the room. He grabs it and instantly wakes up in his younger body two years ago. He decides this time he will make better choices and will defeat the demon lord while saving his friends. He begins his journey to this end.

Last edited:

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: name of manhwa required

Thats interesting synopsis to say the least. Hope we get a name for the manhwa

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

I believe I found it. Tsuyokute New Saga is apparently the name. I took a few keywords from your description (demon king slain, traveled 2 years in the past) and searched on google (this thing is amazing :worship). Only took about a minute.
Thank me later :cheez :hip

Although its a manga. Dunno if that matters but it certainly fits your description.

mysterio11

Reaction score
Country
India

Yes thats it thank you. So it was a manga. Sorry. Really liked this one.

TwistedDesires

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a manhua/manhwa I read a long while ago so the details are fuzzy and I don't remember the name at all.

I remember there being some kind of school for witches and the main character being either a witch or angel. And there being familiars.. maybe she was a witch.
The black haired girl in the image ends up being her best friend. I'm sorry I don't have much to give you. But I'd be ecstatic if you could help!

I have two images to go by, but they're kind of blurry.

The text says: "Due to the sin of being born... when you are crying in terror... / ... you wish for only one thing. Even if you know such a thing won't come true."

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't recognize that one. That image is clear enough that I think if anyone here as ever read it the artwork will be enough to jog their memory. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Hopefully, somebody else has.:^_^

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Long Hu Men That's the name your looking for. Don't think it's translated.

There is however a movie with the same name featuring a man with a simply fantastic mustache on the poster. Not sure if one has anything to do with the other but, based on the mustache alone, I feel like it may be worth checking out.

sharingan_kakashi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
haha. that is a poster fantastic!

kendama

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Probably asked before, but which series is the character depicted to the right of The Gamer's Han Jee Han in the Manhwa ad at the top of this page from? I liked the art, so I'm curious.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Read all your recommended. Is there anything similar to Girls of the Wild's?
Hmm. Kinda but not really; and not in the real of Manhwa that I'm aware of.

There is a whole genre of manga that are similar in the sense that there's a weak protagonist whose surrounded by badass girls but they are all tend to be more fanservicy and more focused on the male protagonist.

That being said there are some good manga with elements in common...

Angel Densetsu
- A series with a fantastic twist on the weak protagonist with a heart of gold and badass female characters.
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
- Shounen action with more of a focus on getting stronger.
Change123
- More toward the ecchi/romance side with the twist of having be about one girl with multiple personalities all of whom would fit right in at Wild's.

Of course, there are also tons of stuff with the "lone guy in an all girls school". That is like the foundation of half of the ecchi stuff out there. My favorite of those being Dragon's Rioting. It has nothing in common with Girls of the Wild's with the exception of the premise but it's still a fun read.

Last edited: