Visual Novel - Steins;Gate | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Visual Novel Steins;Gate

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Steins;Gate

Title: Steins;Gate
Length: 30-50 hours
Producer: Nitroplus & 5pb.
Original Plot by: Chiyomaru Shikura
Released: 2009/2010
Prequel/Sequel: Chaos;Head (Prequel)

Synopsis:

The story of Steins;Gate takes place in Akihabara and is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.

EvenMcSteven

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Do you have a download link or anything? :C

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Do you have a download link or anything? :C
Although I couldn't give you a specific answer, hopefully this thread will help. I'm not sure that Steins;Gate VN has already been translated as well.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Although I couldn't give you a specific answer, hopefully this thread will help. I'm not sure that Steins;Gate VN has already been translated as well.
It got a translation long ago, you could always start playing the VN ;)

I've wanted to check out the VN for a long time, but I'm not sure how much it can provide if one has already seen the VN :?bunny

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I've wanted to check out the VN for a long time, but I'm not sure how much it can provide if one has already seen the VN :?bunny
Nothing major happened like F/SN though, so unless like you're truly interested in it, I don't see the VN is worth your time if the Anime is already satisfying enough.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nothing major happened like F/SN though, so unless like you're truly interested in it, I don't see the VN is worth your time if the Anime is already satisfying enough.
Well as far as I know the anime only adapts the true route, so there are all the heroine routes and the endings left for the VN. Guess it has it's charm then :XD

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well as far as I know the anime only adapts the true route, so there are all the heroine routes and the endings left for the VN. Guess it has it's charm then :XD
To some extent, obviously. But it doesn't change the plot massively, I'd say. Play it if you want to, but do not be disappointed if you're expecting some radical changes are going to happen.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
To some extent, obviously. But it doesn't change the plot massively, I'd say. Play it if you want to, but do not be disappointed if you're expecting some radical changes are going to happen.
Well I think it's just alternative endings/changes at a later stage, but most of the VN probably is the same as the anime, dunno. Did you actually play the VN Doku or not? Sounds like you did but I'm not sure :XD

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well I think it's just alternative endings/changes at a later stage, but most of the VN probably is the same as the anime, dunno. Did you actually play the VN Doku or not? Sounds like you did but I'm not sure :XD
It is pretty much the same, me thinks. I played the VN but it was 2-3 years ago so my memory is kinda fuzzy on the details but I think you already understand my problem by now. :p

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It is pretty much the same, me thinks. I played the VN but it was 2-3 years ago so my memory is kinda fuzzy on the details but I think you already understand my problem by now. :p
Yeah I can't really count on your memory :p Look what I found by accident, from the company releasing the english version of Steins;Gate:

If you’ve already seen the anime, the VN’s story goes deeper, with more interactions with characters, and alternative endings that are not part of the true story. It’s considerably darker too, which you could probably guess from its “M” rating.
http://jastusa.tumblr.com/post/104328420330/everyone-loves-steins-gate

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yeah I can't really count on your memory :p Look what I found by accident, from the company releasing the english version of Steins;Gate:

http://jastusa.tumblr.com/post/104328420330/everyone-loves-steins-gate
Yeah, but that's pretty much the same with every VNs, IMO. Steins;Gate anime is actually pretty dark too, if you recall the events on mid-cour. It's just the fact that some alternate routes might not be too appealing for most audience hence why the content is being cut off. Just like F/SN 3rd route...

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, but that's pretty much the same with every VNs, IMO. Steins;Gate anime is actually pretty dark too, if you recall the events on mid-cour. It's just the fact that some alternate routes might not be too appealing for most audience hence why the content is being cut off. Just like F/SN 3rd route...
Wow the comparison is a bit whacky. First of all, I don't agree that it is because of the "not too appealing" part, it's just that alternate endings don't really work for anime. People only will get confused with that, especially if they don't play VNs. Second it would take way too much time to animate all of it, so they're focusing on the true route (which isn't a bad choice at all, focusing on what's supposedly canon). Third Heavens Feel gets a movie (or movies), so that argument already is invalid. Not to mention that Fate/Stay Night works differently because it has nothing like a "true" route, each route is a possibility and tells it's own story.

If I agree with something, it's that the Steins;Gate anime was certainly dark at times too :p

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well since its coming out here in America on Vita, I will be getting this for sure. I hope its a bit different than the anime.