Games - Speed MG #04: MH Grand Order | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Speed MG #04: MH Grand Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Going to call day ending if Kato doesn’t appear in the next 5 minutes. He was online just a bit ago.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Kato ghosts again

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Votelock DD
Votekill holt.
Well, time for it to end.

Sorry, DD

Votelock DD
votelock pompom

Mafia Boss
Thus the lynch resulted and no appearing of the Ghost of Kato.

So in the end the winners of the speedgame are:

Mafia Member (Lover)

Townie (Lover)

Will add the fgo details for the class after the game. You guys can chat. And DD can salt further now.​

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Night 1
Second priority
Lambu investigates Gry >>> gets innocent

Third priority
Pom kills Gry >>> success

Night 2
Third priority
Pom kills Kato >>>> success

Kato returns tomorrow... dum, dum, dum...

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Finally :p

Even if Kato voted for Pom Lovers would have won anyway, so theres nothing you could do DD. Still the final struggle was nice.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Players
1. Gajeel as Vladserion lynched D1 Sane Doctor
2. Kato as Nerdish died N2 Restless Spirit
3. Lady pompom as Desica Mafia Lover
4. GrySun as Demon of the Cursed Speed N1 Townie
5. Holt as Jeanne D’Sky Townie Lover
6. DD as Nittou lynched D3 Mafia Boss
7. Lambu as Arjuna lynched D2 Sane Detective

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Mm, a pure lovers win is quite the poetic end
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Lambu for what it's worth, I really thought you were Mafia
Its fine, I've seen worse lynches than this one, I guess I had too much shade on me to flip things over so no problem o/

Also dammit @Lady pompom you got me completely :XD Congrats to the lover duo!

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Do you know the struggle with designing a 7 player game when the rules say 2 mafia vs 5 town but then you realize that 2 mafia could win by the second day, not counting people missing the first phase. The idea of lovers was to nerf the mafia from an easy win and allow a potential for town to make a comeback with the Sane Doctor/Sane Detective/Restless spirit combo. The lovers were a bit weird for such a small game but they also had no TSC and they were both vanilla roles. DD was mafia boss to have the final say so the lover would need to be extra sneaky. In the end, Mafia Boss could have veto’d anything lover said. Boss was also there in case lovers died and Detective lived as the role most likely to survive the longest. Gry almost was a miller/Death Miller but decided to make the role a normal townie. If we had two more players, would have that role as a sleeper for potential recruitment for DD someone in the place of Pom.....

You can hate it or whatever.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Do you know the struggle with designing a 7 player game when the rules say 2 mafia vs 5 town but then you realize that 2 mafia could win by the second day, not counting people missing the first phase. The idea of lovers was to nerf the mafia from an easy win and allow a potential for town to make a comeback with the Sane Doctor/Sane Detective/Restless spirit combo. The lovers were a bit weird for such a small game but they also had no TSC and they were both vanilla roles. DD was mafia boss to have the final say so the lover would need to be extra sneaky. In the end, Mafia Boss could have veto’d anything lover said. Boss was also there in case lovers died and Detective lived as the role most likely to survive the longest. Gry almost was a miller/Death Miller but decided to make the role a normal townie. If we had two more players, would have that role as a sleeper for potential recruitment for DD someone in the place of Pom.....

You can hate it or whatever.
I had no chance of winning.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I had no chance of winning.
The only alternative cookie cutter model I would have done would have been having the mafia team be Burden and Mafia Boss/Mafia Member which would have been a mafia win after Lambu lynch. Showing how op and boring the 5 vs 2 system is. You only have to survived the first day and you won the game if there was a lack of protection in the town. No other stronger townie roles were considered due to how op town could get be from the very beginning, such as adding a spy or prostitute to the detective/doctor... As it was, the game would have been determined by Kato showing up late and a rushed Vote on a townie, which many including myself would not have been happy with.

I also thought of a single mafia + traitor scenario. A lone janitor and give them a traitor. Which was the other option I highly considered instead of lovers. But felt that a janitor or a mafia boss + traitor in such a small game would open another can of worms.

For you to win, only one person needed to be lynched honestly. One of the lovers as there was nothing in the game that could have stood in the way of a mafia boss that you couldn’t talked your way out of once they died. But your opinion is noted, and I don’t think I would host such a small game in the future as it’s so extremely easy to shift power within the first day to one side or the other. And D1 is too unpredictable. Plus the rushed, chaotic nature of a Speedgame leaves many details left unsaid which would normally be stated in a longer game and too easy to lynch a town early on. I need to have at least 9-10 players + a little longer day and night phase. While I do feel bad at a win stolen from you, which was never the intention...: that honestly is how the lovers role is suppose to be played. Not one ratting the other out, or hosts giving them important roles to help the survive, or a mechanic to increase their chances, or a threesome to force them to work together.... but two lovers that are backstabbing town and mafia to steal a win.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

All in all, I wish more people had played and understand some had prior engagements and were busy or don’t like speedgames to begin with. Or even with Sir’s timezones. It’s hard not to be a bit hurt as the game went pretty fast and could have potentially ended even faster within two days. But I enjoyed the game. Especially D2 with how spicy your reveal as Detective with Lambu knowing you were BSing. Then Pom reveal at end + Kato as Restless right before the game ended made things more interesting. Gry also needs more chill on D1 as not to be a target for N1.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

-_-; :handgun Just go ahead with what you want to say @GrySun. Seeing your name at the bottom of the thread without posting anything makes me think there is a wall coming soon.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
-_-; :handgun Just go ahead with what you want to say @GrySun. Seeing your name at the bottom of the thread without posting anything makes me think there is a wall coming soon.
Was just reading the results yesterday. :hmm Got nothing much to say that wasn‘t said. Lovers was maybe too ambitious for 7 players, but the game could go many ways depending on who is lynched. Though the lovers win is more likely to happen than the mafia one, as it‘s very easy to profit off of a mafia lead since there‘s only 1 other starting non-lover mafia.

I wonder why @digitaldude never went for Holt, and instead killed me despite me saying I like how he plays and giving him a pass :noworry Some revenge lynches may be needed.
I played my one day and had fun, will you make the same avis/theme for a full game later Cres?

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Was just reading the results yesterday. :hmm Got nothing much to say that wasn‘t said. Lovers was maybe too ambitious for 7 players, but the game could go many ways depending on who is lynched. Though the lovers win is more likely to happen than the mafia one, as it‘s very easy to profit off of a mafia lead since there‘s only 1 other starting non-lover mafia.

I wonder why @digitaldude never went for Holt, and instead killed me despite me saying I like how he plays and giving him a pass :noworry Some revenge lynches may be needed.
I played my one day and had fun, will you make the same avis/theme for a full game later Cres?
I wanted to kill holt first night but pompom said you. I didnt realize at the time the real reason.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Well I've seen this kind of set up irl games, its very hard to give proper balance in such a small game since advantage will easily swing in favour of one team just for a single lynch.
As for your death I think you painted a target on your back, in a game where everyone is shady the one thats most likely to die is the "towniest" of them all if you know what I mean. You were acting so pro-town that if you didn't appear dead I would have suspected you right away. :p Tho at the same time playing bold like that was the correct path since you were a simple vanilla.

Cres is going to use this theme for a game in April I think, when the time comes I hope @Arjuna plays, he should be holding this epic avi.

Status
Not open for further replies.