Predictions - [Speculation] How the Tournament Arc Could Actually be Exciting | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions [Speculation] How the Tournament Arc Could Actually be Exciting

Would High Rankers Participate in the Tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
On the regular front I don't rule out the possibility of someone being a threat to bam but it would take special regulars, other irregulars or substantial BS. Maybe skills that ignore power levels. Not really sure of how the tournament would manage to adjust for power levels in case you have both rankers and regulars competing. I think it's possible that the tournament has some manner of handicap system or perhaps it won't be just straight fights.
LOL. No Regular can be a threat to Baam.

Princesses are Special Regulars and Jinsung already said that Lilial couldn't possibly win against him:

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If at least Spells had an effect on him Baam losing to a Regular would be a possibility but he is immune to them so you'd need someone like White who qualifies as a Regular as of now.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
If at least Spells had an effect on him Baam losing to a Regular would be a possibility but he is immune to them so you'd need someone like White who qualifies as a Regular as of now.
Baam bested full power High Ranker White, and that was before absorbing Leviathan. No Regular has a chance against Baam now.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Baam bested full power High Ranker White, and that was before absorbing Leviathan. No Regular has a chance against White now.
I meant someone who has High Ranker power but counts as a Regular because of special circumstances.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
LOL. No Regular can be a threat to Baam.

Princesses are Special Regulars and Jinsung already said that Lilial couldn't possibly win against him:
That's a pretty big claim. In a normal fight I would agree, no regular can possibly hold a candle to bam. Or even normal rankers. But we have no idea of what special abilities can potentially be out there. Even spell wise, bam is immune to spells but what about spells that affect his surroundings? BS abilities are still a thing in the tower. Heck, a jackass like yool had an item which controlled a branch head (or its anima).

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
If hax abilities could've worked against Rankers, beating one officially wouldn't have been considered a big deal. Folks arround this level are all-rounded who can effortlessly deal with anything a reg' can throw at them no matter what is it, even if it's their weakest area.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If hax abilities could've worked against Rankers, beating one officially wouldn't have been considered a big deal. Folks arround this level are all-rounded who can effortlessly deal with anything a reg' can throw at them no matter what is it, even if it's their weakest area.
I don't really agree with this. Especially when we know rule breaker abilities like Spells exist. Your view of Rankers is too optimistic there. Although they are all broken compared to Regulars they aren't equally skilled. I wouldn't really say that Fenryl is hax but Elaine stated that it can hurt a Ranker. So there are definitely some Rankers who could lose to it in some situations if properly used.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am not saying that Elaine can beat a Ranker in a 1 vs 1 BTW. But her ability really shows that hax can be used to defeat them IMO. Levy's Question Mark Curse is another example.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't really agree with this. Especially when we know rule breaker abilities like Spells exist
The proof is that everyone considers a regular beating a Ranker as an impossible feat. If there was a certain frequency of regs subduing Rankers with fitting abilities, that would've never been the case.
Said in other words, even a Ranker's weakest area is overwhelmingly higher than a regular's speciality.

I am not saying that Elaine can beat a Ranker in a 1 vs 1 BTW. But her ability really shows that hax can be used to defeat them IMO. Levy's Question Mark Curse is another example.
Yul who is like Levy's superior didn't seem to believe a Ranker could lose to regulars. Which means Rankers have a minimum immunity against spells thrown by regs.
Levy's question mark spell is most likely irrelevant against Rankers. Don't now why (maybe because of a Ranker's contract, who knows) but it's like that.

I wouldn't really say that Fenryl is hax but Elaine stated that it can hurt a Ranker.
A shinsuless Ranker, because I don't believe Baam's durability back then was comparable to that of a Ranker with body strengthening, it contradicts the lore.
And even then, Fernyl's teeth has to strick, which wouldn't happen before the said Ranker one shots a hundred Elaine's or so.
That's the gap between a regular and a Ranker.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The proof is that everyone considers a regular beating a Ranker as an impossible feat. If there was a certain frequency of regs subduing Rankers with fitting abilities, that would've never been the case.
Said in other words, even a Ranker's weakest area is overwhelmingly higher than a regular's speciality.

Yul who is like Levy's superior didn't seem to believe a Ranker could lose to regulars. Which means Rankers have a minimum immunity against spells thrown by regs.
Levy's question mark spell is most likely irrelevant against Rankers. Don't now why (maybe because of a Ranker's contract, who knows) but it's like that.

A shinsuless Ranker, because I don't believe Baam's durability back then was comparable to that of a Ranker with body strengthening, it contradicts the lore.
And even then, Fernyl's teeth has to strick, which wouldn't happen before the said Ranker one shots a hundred Elaine's or so.
That's the gap between a regular and a Ranker.
But she wasn't that specific, was she? A Regular beating a Ranker is the exception to the rules. Maybe I am wrong to think that from what she said but to me it means that Fenryl can injure the Average Ranker. I am sure some Rankers can resist Fenryl's bite without taking damages at all, but I doubt it's the majority. I am also sure no one believes that Ranker Yuri would struggle against Ranker Quant for example. Under certain conditions (like games) Regulars can beat Rankers(happened in S1 with the Regulars beating Quant, Adori beat Rankers in battle as a Regular).

Spells are the ultimate X factor the way they have been introduced. Zahard banned them but he allows the Regulars he sponsors to use them. You are assuming that it's useless against Rankers but we have no way to know that. Power level difference was clearly not a factor when he used it back then and even Irregular Baam didn't get affected because of his immunity to them. There are tons of other unknown Spells which are certainly stronger.

Fortress of Solitude

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
A Regular beating a Ranker is the exception to the rules.
Ewa can injury ranker when she was little but she inherits the flame from Hana.

I think it's impossible for a regular without a "weapon" like Ewa except for the ones who have a great affinity with Shinshoo: the irregulars obviously but people like Adori or Baek Ryun are probably the same and was able to beat ranker when they was regular.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
A Regular beating a Ranker is the exception to the rules
It's not just that, the way you described your PoV implies that regulars who can beat Rankers (either with weapons, hax, etc) are pretty common, although exception to the rule as you said, which isn't the case. Talents of this calibre are super rare and usually not a single regular who would stand a chance against the weakest Ranker in existence exist. You'd only find folks like that once in a long while.
You're refering to Quant Blitz in s1, but Quant was heavily nerfed. The lack of shinsu means that he was weakened to the point that any strong reg' would beat him 1v1, easily at that, imagine if Endorsi was replaced by some 10 family princess in the middle floors....
Shinsuless Rankers are like White Zetsu in front of Rankers with shinsu, so that's not a good example.
Not to mention that you were refering to a team battle, a bunch of regs ganging up on a single Ranker, not even to defeat him (which was deemed impossible even if he was shinsuless) but just to snipe his badge.

Spells are the ultimate X factor the way they have been introduced. Zahard banned them but he allows the Regulars he sponsors to use them
Who in turn are portrayed to be irrelevant against Rankers. If Levy asks a Ranker a question, nothing would happen, heck, it's already irrelevant against a stronger regular like Yool.
If there's one constant in ToG, it's that eveyone and everything is capped to his/its own limitation. No matter the weapon you hold, spell you cast, it'd never work against something out of your league.

Well, SIU can always try and do the opposite, just like the BS he threw in the latest trash arc but it'd contradict the lore.
A high frequency of regulars being able to beat unrestricted Rankers is BS and you know that.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
And even if there are tons of Rankers I think the focus will mostly be on the Regulars.
I agree. Which is why i don't want them in the same competition. It either lets the (High) Rankers look bad, or makes the regulars useless.
Doesn't matter if it is a game or not - Rankers played games all their life to climb to the top, they should have way more experience in handling all kind of different situations.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's not just that, the way you described your PoV implies that regulars who can beat Rankers (either with weapons, hax, etc) are pretty common, although exception to the rule as you said, which isn't the case. Talents of this calibre are super rare and usually not a single regular who would stand a chance against the weakest Ranker in existence exist. You'd only find folks like that once in a long while.
You're refering to Quant Blitz in s1, but Quant was heavily nerfed. The lack of shinsu means that he was weakened to the point that any strong reg' would beat him 1v1, easily at that, imagine if Endorsi was replaced by some 10 family princess in the middle floors....
Shinsuless Rankers are like White Zetsu in front of Rankers with shinsu, so that's not a good example.
Not to mention that you were refering to a team battle, a bunch of regs ganging up on a single Ranker, not even to defeat him (which was deemed impossible even if he was shinsuless) but just to snipe his badge.

Who in turn are portrayed to be irrelevant against Rankers. If Levy asks a Ranker a question, nothing would happen, heck, it's already irrelevant against a stronger regular like Yool.
If there's one constant in ToG, it's that eveyone and everything is capped to his/its own limitation. No matter the weapon you hold, spell you cast, it'd never work against something out of your league.

Well, SIU can always try and do the opposite, just like the BS he threw in the latest trash arc but it'd contradict the lore.
A high frequency of regulars being able to beat unrestricted Rankers is BS and you know that.
It might sound like it but I don't believe Regulars beating Rankers is common at all.

In which chapter did Levy use his curse on Yool? I don't remember this.

Olly

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Rwanda
imagine if Trau accepts Lillal proposal but the conversions goes like this,

Rei: yeah that’s total reasonable, to prove himself, yes i allow that, but he will be fighting not the likes of you or the likes of any regulars.

Lillal: what do you mean, family head ?

Rei: i was thinking about it how to make other families see that the boy is worthy their princess, or other best girls in thier families.

Lillah: “what is he talking about ?”

Rei: they will be a tournament before the actual tournament where the irregular will fight high rankers from the families that will participate to prove his worthy, and i will add a meaning to it, the family that will win in that tournament their princess or the girl who represents them will be at the finals directly without going through the knockouts, and if the irregular wins her presentative in the girls tournament will be at the finals meaning he could win her princess a perfect chance to be at the finals direct and if her princess wins then he marries her, and u might say he wins himself that way.

Jinsung: sir, family head, you mean Viole will be fighting high rankers from other families not the princesses ?

Rei: yes, and if he loose her princess will compete like others.

Jinsung: isn’t it a bit unfavourable for Viole to fight higher rankers, family head ? As you see he still a regular, and not that long since he entered the tower!

Rei: no, he is different from the likes of you creatures, he will have to do that much to prove himself, and since i saw him having Leviathan, he cant fight regulars anyway, he would be to much for them, he survived the battles filled with high rankers and beside each family will be having two high rankers participants to defend their princess, he will have a partner and the irregular will need to prove himself there is no him fighting a bunch of unworthy regulars. And that’s all, i will send inventions and prepare the place to held the first tournament, it will be in a month and after its done, in the next day we will have the actual tournament.

Jinsung: “this is bad, seeing how things are, they might try to kill bam in this tournament and send powerful high rankers from their families on a mission to kill him and jahad family may took advantange of this and send also powerful high rankers, and i doubt those high line elders may support Viole, even if mr cha here might participate, he is around the same level as me, we need someone very strong, only if those elders could help.”

Lillal: “does family head really think Juviole would beat a ranker ? And how disrespectful, he thinks, we are no much for viole when i was beating him a moment ago, this doesn’t make sense, all of it, i can’t understand it. Ok if the slayer candidate fights a high ranker and dies in that sitiuation doesn’t that mean the marriage thing is over ? May be this might be a good thing after all hehehehe.”

Rei: hey boy, choose your partner and prepare yourself, and tell a regular girl you think might be able represent you in the tournament to prepare herself, or if fug will be representing you then tell them to be ready with their girl fast, discuss it with your mentor and i will be taking you to the mothership and those guys can go and prepare for it.

Bam: this so sudden and unexpected.

jinsung: don’t worry viole i will search a strong powerful girl to represent you, the real issue is about the high rank who will be your patner in the battles since they will be sending their top high rankers to kill you or make you loose to them, i wanted to convince an elder to fight with you but i doubt any of them can agree since they would exposing themselves, and i don’t me or Mr Cha would enough in the battles, we need someone very strong.

bam: that’s a problem, if possible can you try and convice yama, or any other poweful slayers to help, but i heard most of them are a sleep, and i don’t know if Evankhell would accept because of jahad and other families targeting her.

Jinsung: Evankhell!?

Bam: she was mentoring me in these 3 years. And she disobeyed the Kings order, she is being target and if she were to participate she would be exposing herself to much and I don’t think other families could let her live after the competition.

Jinsung: that’s reasonable.

Bam:”things are getting complicated, I don’t even know what’s the situation is for the others, I have to get myself together, first I need to train i might have leveled up and got a dangerous monster but am still not balanced since am still physically weaker without Shinshu reinforcement, i need to improve my physical strength, and understand how the power of Leviathan works and how to balance it with the recent change in power I had but a month is too short to do all of that, how can i achieve it in such short time ? uhh what if I train inside myself like on the he’ll train i will build a similar environment, but this time i will reverse it that the time inside revolution will be faster and a month here will be like a year inside, with that kind of time if i spend it only training then I can improve myself. ok i will be doing it, and in the competition I might win and not be a burden to anyone.”

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
That's a pretty big claim. In a normal fight I would agree, no regular can possibly hold a candle to bam. Or even normal rankers. But we have no idea of what special abilities can potentially be out there. Even spell wise, bam is immune to spells but what about spells that affect his surroundings? BS abilities are still a thing in the tower. Heck, a jackass like yool had an item which controlled a branch head (or its anima).
That item belonged to Traumerei. It's a very different thing.

And you mean "Shinheuh" not anima.

I don't really agree with this. Especially when we know rule breaker abilities like Spells exist. Your view of Rankers is too optimistic there. Although they are all broken compared to Regulars they aren't equally skilled. I wouldn't really say that Fenryl is hax but Elaine stated that it can hurt a Ranker. So there are definitely some Rankers who could lose to it in some situations if properly used.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

• Rankers couldn't stop Yihwa's flames
  • Princesses have much better physical durability than Rankers

Regulars can exceed Rankers in some stats, but yet beating a Ranker is still considered unprecedented among Regulars in the Tower's history (the only exception being Adori Zahard).

This is factually false given Yihwa, the Princesses and Fenryl. SIU has said unambiguously that Princesses have >> physical durability than Rankers:
Season 2 Chapter 213 Blog Post
SIU said:
Even the 10 Families cannot be compared physically with Zahard’s Princesses.

Most Regular Princesses have a lot higher physical durability than average Rankers.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
This is factually false given Yihwa, the Princesses and Fenryl. SIU has said unambiguously that Princesses have >> physical durability than Rankers:
It's rather > phyiscal ability as a whole and >> phyiscal durability. If shinsu strengthening is included, then Rankers >> regular princesses in every way possible.
As in, Baam who was just using a glimpse of his power was more durable than BT Varagarv who in turn is far more durable than a princess like Endorsi.

Last edited:

Theorist05

Reaction score
Country
Uganda
imagine if Trau accepts Lillal proposal but the conversions goes like this,

Rei: yeah that’s total reasonable, to prove himself, yes i allow that, but he will be fighting not the likes of you or the likes of any regulars.

Lillal: what do you mean, family head ?

Rei: i was thinking about it how to make other families see that the boy is worthy their princess, or other best girls in thier families.

Lillah: “what is he talking about ?”

Rei: they will be a tournament before the actual tournament where the irregular will fight high rankers from the families that will participate to prove his worthy, and i will add a meaning to it, the family that will win in that tournament their princess or the girl who represents them will be at the finals directly without going through the knockouts, and if the irregular wins her presentative in the girls tournament will be at the finals meaning he could win her princess a perfect chance to be at the finals direct and if her princess wins then he marries her, and u might say he wins himself that way.

Jinsung: sir, family head, you mean Viole will be fighting high rankers from other families not the princesses ?

Rei: yes, and if he loose her princess will compete like others.

Jinsung: isn’t it a bit unfavourable for Viole to fight higher rankers, family head ? As you see he still a regular, and not that long since he entered the tower!

Rei: no, he is different from the likes of you creatures, he will have to do that much to prove himself, and since i saw him having Leviathan, he cant fight regulars anyway, he would be to much for them, he survived the battles filled with high rankers and beside each family will be having two high rankers participants to defend their princess, he will have a partner and the irregular will need to prove himself there is no him fighting a bunch of unworthy regulars. And that’s all, i will send inventions and prepare the place to held the first tournament, it will be in a month and after its done, in the next day we will have the actual tournament.

Jinsung: “this is bad, seeing how things are, they might try to kill bam in this tournament and send powerful high rankers from their families on a mission to kill him and jahad family may took advantange of this and send also powerful high rankers, and i doubt those high line elders may support Viole, even if mr cha here might participate, he is around the same level as me, we need someone very strong, only if those elders could help.”

Lillal: “does family head really think Juviole would beat a ranker ? And how disrespectful, he thinks, we are no much for viole when i was beating him a moment ago, this doesn’t make sense, all of it, i can’t understand it. Ok if the slayer candidate fights a high ranker and dies in that sitiuation doesn’t that mean the marriage thing is over ? May be this might be a good thing after all hehehehe.”

Rei: hey boy, choose your partner and prepare yourself, and tell a regular girl you think might be able represent you in the tournament to prepare herself, or if fug will be representing you then tell them to be ready with their girl fast, discuss it with your mentor and i will be taking you to the mothership and those guys can go and prepare for it.

Bam: this so sudden and unexpected.

jinsung: don’t worry viole i will search a strong powerful girl to represent you, the real issue is about the high rank who will be your patner in the battles since they will be sending their top high rankers to kill you or make you loose to them, i wanted to convince an elder to fight with you but i doubt any of them can agree since they would exposing themselves, and i don’t me or Mr Cha would enough in the battles, we need someone very strong.

bam: that’s a problem, if possible can you try and convice yama, or any other poweful slayers to help, but i heard most of them are a sleep, and i don’t know if Evankhell would accept because of jahad and other families targeting her.

Jinsung: Evankhell!?

Bam: she was mentoring me in these 3 years. And she disobeyed the Kings order, she is being target and if she were to participate she would be exposing herself to much and I don’t think other families could let her live after the competition.

Jinsung: that’s reasonable.

Bam:”things are getting complicated, I don’t even know what’s the situation is for the others, I have to get myself together, first I need to train i might have leveled up and got a dangerous monster but am still not balanced since am still physically weaker without Shinshu reinforcement, i need to improve my physical strength, and understand how the power of Leviathan works and how to balance it with the recent change in power I had but a month is too short to do all of that, how can i achieve it in such short time ? uhh what if I train inside myself like on the he’ll train i will build a similar environment, but this time i will reverse it that the time inside revolution will be faster and a month here will be like a year inside, with that kind of time if i spend it only training then I can improve myself. ok i will be doing it, and in the competition I might win and not be a burden to anyone.”
I can totally see this happening… Are you one of SIU’s assistants?

Fiodor Pavlovich K

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A team tournament maybe? If teams are made by rankers and regulars Baam could be allowed to enter as a ranker while keeping his firedns and fan favorites like Andorsi relevant

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, that's a thought. Two person teams, one ranker one regular. The tournament is basically the team's ranker trying to keep the regular, who might marry bam, alive.