Seinen - Smokin' Parade | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Smokin' Parade

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Brilliant. I like it.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
1st chap. and we already have a yandere... awesome.:super

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well this had DMWL written all over it. Such a fucked up way to kill people. I love it.
Using the fingers as candles was a brilliant idea.

I am sure we can expect much more of those moments in the future as well as brutal fights.

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Definitely bookmarking this. Loved Deadman Wonderland and this has a good set up so far. I like the art too.

Mawara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gawd, this manga was awful.
The characters are either stupid or unlikeable, or both. The protagonist is just a damn jerk with his code. Punching a guy because he dropped a can? That doesnt make you interesting or honorful, you're just rude & a jerk.
Also, really? Two awful cliches at once? 'The little sibling has to die' and 'women in the refrigerator' in the first chapter? I'm not a fan of all this senseless gore, too. It just looks as if it tries to be SO dark & SO edgey, and because of that lost my interest.
Also, the black clothed girl from the killer squad is just stupid. Why did you put your hand before the eyes of the boy, AFTER HE SAW THE WHOLE FIGHT & LOST 3 OF HIS LIMBS?! LADY THAT HAPPENED TOO LATE!! Why did you pushed your ass in that one panel? That was irritating & unnecessary! Also, what the fuck, you are surprised that he 'covered' his sister? That whole 'he covers a spider' doesnt make sense, because the society doesnt know shit about spiders. If you dont tell people beforehand, that spiders are evil & demonic, why shouldnt they protect them?
And yet, why did he do that? He saw, how his sister killed noth of her friends AND chopped of his limbs. That was so dumb, and stop talking about your rules, they are dumb, you're dumb. And how could you jump fast enough to cover your sister, if you just have ONE DAMN LEG!! That's so damn stupid, ugh...
And of course, we got the tragic ending, after his sister regained conciousness.

I cant stand this manga. To be fair, I didnt read Deadman Wonderland. But this wasnt interesting and I also didnt care about all its gore. The maincharacter was a jerk, the killer squad was dumb & the set up seems questionable. I would only read it, because it could be one of the 'it's so bad, that it is funny again'-stories.
Oh, but there was one thing, which I actually liked: The artstyle. It's pretty good & impressive. Me gusta.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Terribly tragic people living in a terrible tragic world and getting caught up in terribly tragic circumstances. Yup, this is definitely the author of DMWL and I'm in for the long haul.

Last edited:

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Gawd, this manga was awful.
The characters are either stupid or unlikeable, or both. The protagonist is just a damn jerk with his code. Punching a guy because he dropped a can? That doesnt make you interesting or honorful, you're just rude & a jerk.
Also, really? Two awful cliches at once? 'The little sibling has to die' and 'women in the refrigerator' in the first chapter? I'm not a fan of all this senseless gore, too. It just looks as if it tries to be SO dark & SO edgey, and because of that lost my interest.
Also, the black clothed girl from the killer squad is just stupid. Why did you put your hand before the eyes of the boy, AFTER HE SAW THE WHOLE FIGHT & LOST 3 OF HIS LIMBS?! LADY THAT HAPPENED TOO LATE!! Why did you pushed your ass in that one panel? That was irritating & unnecessary! Also, what the fuck, you are surprised that he 'covered' his sister? That whole 'he covers a spider' doesnt make sense, because the society doesnt know shit about spiders. If you dont tell people beforehand, that spiders are evil & demonic, why shouldnt they protect them?
And yet, why did he do that? He saw, how his sister killed noth of her friends AND chopped of his limbs. That was so dumb, and stop talking about your rules, they are dumb, you're dumb. And how could you jump fast enough to cover your sister, if you just have ONE DAMN LEG!! That's so damn stupid, ugh...
And of course, we got the tragic ending, after his sister regained conciousness.

I cant stand this manga. To be fair, I didnt read Deadman Wonderland. But this wasnt interesting and I also didnt care about all its gore. The maincharacter was a jerk, the killer squad was dumb & the set up seems questionable. I would only read it, because it could be one of the 'it's so bad, that it is funny again'-stories.
Oh, but there was one thing, which I actually liked: The artstyle. It's pretty good & impressive. Me gusta.
I think you've said many right things. Now i've finished to translate it and i think that this manga gives a sense of confusion right now. It's creepy and I didn't understand what is the frame line yet. Hope it'll be better.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
This manga is certainly on the silly side of Seinen. Arguably the protagonist has some code of honor and basic strength, even though showing that by returning a dropped can to it's former owner is sigh inducing. It does however fit the general theme of nature vs technology and the moral implications that come with using transplants and prostheses other than just catering to environmentalists. One aspect that slowly becomes apparent imo and kept me reading is the split in technology. There's the seemingly organical side, that turns people into psychopathic murderers, spiders. And then there's the misunderstood good guys, the anti-heros with a steampunk theme. If this is played out right it can make for an enjoyable story that goes beyond cliché. Looking forward to see where this goes.

Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now that was almost classic shounen. Throwing away the cheap limb, attaching the special one and controlling it on the spot. Not that I mind. MVP was clearly the rocket wheelchair though.

I guess that newspaper was some kind of foreshadowing. Pretty sure his sister will return.

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
News about chapter 3?