Hangout - Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hello everyone, although it's my first post here I know the top posters here from asian drama thread haha

I'm so into shoujo lately, I dunno why but is very refreshing reading some titles...

This month I picked Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji e Kimi ni Todoke to read and i loved both. Today I picked Chihayafuru to watch and it's very interesting, I'm really enjoying watch it, I'm on episode 7 already lol

I'm currently reading Aoharaido, Kimi ni Todoke, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji and Stardust Wink, I've finished reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and it's one of my favorites titles of all that I've ever read.

When I typed "chihayafuru" on the search box, this was one of the threads that popped and here I am now, hope we can talk about a lot of stuff =D
Hi there! Nice to meet another shoujo fan! I hope you'll join in our discussions of some shoujo titles, it's a bit quiet but we would love to discuss shoujo manga with anyone!

I'm a bit surprised you read Stardust Wink. It's not that popular, how did you come to read it?
And I LOVE Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun too! One of my definite favorites, I hope you'll visit its thread here.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I started to watch the Nodame jdrama yesterday... I liked it so I guess I'll keep watching ^^
In the end of it, I think you'll not just like it. You'll love it. It's that good, IMHO. My most favorite jdrama. :XD

Spectrum

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi there! Nice to meet another shoujo fan! I hope you'll join in our discussions of some shoujo titles, it's a bit quiet but we would love to discuss shoujo manga with anyone!

I'm a bit surprised you read Stardust Wink. It's not that popular, how did you come to read it?
And I LOVE Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun too! One of my definite favorites, I hope you'll visit its thread here.
Hello yuki! Nice to meet you too =D I hope I'll join the discussions as well, I really like to talk about the stuff that I like ^^

About Stardust Wink, I really can't remember when and why I started to read it but I guess it was on the "weekly featured manga" box on the homepage here, but I can't remember for sure. It's a pity that this title don't have any releases for a couple of months. I have already read all the summaries til the ending chapter of the manga but I hope some scan will release the ohers chapters ):

I'll try to visit more threads here =D

In the end of it, I think you'll not just like it. You'll love it. It's that good, IMHO. My most favorite jdrama. :XD
It's promising, I do hope I'll love it :P

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hello yuki! Nice to meet you too =D I hope I'll join the discussions as well, I really like to talk about the stuff that I like ^^

About Stardust Wink, I really can't remember when and why I started to read it but I guess it was on the "weekly featured manga" box on the homepage here, but I can't remember for sure. It's a pity that this title don't have any releases for a couple of months. I have already read all the summaries til the ending chapter of the manga but I hope some scan will release the ohers chapters ):

I'll try to visit more threads here =D
Great! I hope we can make the threads more lively than usual.

Ah, I see. Glad to know that one of the threads here is successful to promote the manga. Yes, it's a pity indeed, but Edited Manga work is indeed slow, especially i it's not that popular. I hope that it will resume too! I don't read any summary though, so I'm still in the dark about the ending. :p

Make sure you do!

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Although I read the summaries, I can't remember the ending at all lol

And I also started to read Stand Up! after viewing it on that thread... it's really helpful =D

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think Stand Up also caught my attention and actually downloaded the first two chapters or something but never got around to reading it.

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Stand Up! is cool, I like to read it but there are only 7 chapers scanlated ): I liked it because it's a little different, the lead female don't have those conflicts that are present in almost all shoujo...

I started to read Taiyou no Ie yesterday. This manga also caught my attention on the "Weekly featured manga" here quite a while ago but I found its thread here yesterday when I was searching another title... I didn't even remember that I had already put it in my "wish list" on Baka-Updates haha. This story is really tragic lo, I'm on chapter 6 yet but I guess I'll keep reading it ^^

And I'm loving Nodame Cantabile, the jdrama is really funny.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I only recently finished reading Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu. One of the first shoujo titles I checked, really. I knew the happy ending was coming, but I still enjoyed the last few chapters. The way the pair grew to be stronger and trusted each other was lovely.

I think Stand Up also caught my attention and actually downloaded the first two chapters or something but never got around to reading it.
Stand Up! is cool, I like to read it but there are only 7 chapers scanlated ): I liked it because it's a little different, the lead female don't have those conflicts that are present in almost all shoujo...
I'm still yet to catch up with Stand Up!, but I remember I first tried to read it because of those reasons too. Everything about it is somehow different from other shoujo. At times I feel like I cannot stand the graphic, but the plot is interesting in its simplicity. Nice turn of events and felt pretty natural. Really need to read the other chapters there.

I started to read Taiyou no Ie yesterday. This manga also caught my attention on the "Weekly featured manga" here quite a while ago but I found its thread here yesterday when I was searching another title... I didn't even remember that I had already put it in my "wish list" on Baka-Updates haha. This story is really tragic lo, I'm on chapter 6 yet but I guess I'll keep reading it ^^
How are you finding Taiyou no Ie? The first few chapters feel so sad to me too, but what I really like about the series is how the characters are growing, changes happen, and everyone is trying to move on. That is very sweet to watch upon. <3

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm still yet to catch up with Stand Up!, but I remember I first tried to read it because of those reasons too. Everything about it is somehow different from other shoujo. At times I feel like I cannot stand the graphic, but the plot is interesting in its simplicity. Nice turn of events and felt pretty natural. Really need to read the other chapters there.
This manga is really cool, I enjoy it so much.

How are you finding Taiyou no Ie? The first few chapters feel so sad to me too, but what I really like about the series is how the characters are growing, changes happen, and everyone is trying to move on. That is very sweet to watch upon. <3
Well, I'm on chapter 9 yet so I'm still finding it really sad (lol) but I'll keep reading it for sure. The art is really beautiful and the plot is somewhat interesting so I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I just read up to the 7 chapters of Stand Up. It's really cute. wish there were more scans. >.< Has a soft feeling to it, but i like the fast pace.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This manga is really cool, I enjoy it so much.
I just read up to the 7 chapters of Stand Up. It's really cute. wish there were more scans. >.< Has a soft feeling to it, but i like the fast pace.
I'll post my thoughts at the series thread soon. It has been an interesting ride so far, but I'm getting quite itchy for a plot twist. XD

Well, I'm on chapter 9 yet so I'm still finding it really sad (lol) but I'll keep reading it for sure. The art is really beautiful and the plot is somewhat interesting so I'm looking forward to the next chapters.
I agree. At times it's so "ticklish" with the way it shows families and relationships, which is just awesome. So many great boys, I can understand Mao's confusion. :mono

Georgie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
whaaaaa? we don't have an easy access shoujo josei forum? I have to search it. That sucks.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's in the Otaku Cafe, is it not?

did you have a hard time looking for this thread? btw, welcome ^^

Georgie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's in the Otaku Cafe, is it not?

did you have a hard time looking for this thread? btw, welcome ^^
...yeah...kinda. I figure it out. I wasn't used to the new layout. The shoujo and josei tab/link was always on top and then there was a list of shoujo josei anime and manga to discuss, now it seems that I have to search for those titles. It just looks like we got rid of the Shoujo & Josei section and replaced it all with shounen and boys love.

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
aw, sorry that you don't like the new layout. But as long as you have a title in mind, maybe it won't be so hard to search for a thread.

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't like this new layout either but I got used to it already... I just like to search by genre, it's like "well, I'm in the mood to read a shoujo/shounen/seinen, gotta find a good one", but now I can't do it anymore ):

Anyway, my favorites threads are all subscribed, so I hadn't a hard time though I really liked the older layout.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
well, yeah coz apparently this layout was easier for a good number of the majority.

Anyway, as long as you have subscribed it wouldn't be so hard to locate the threads.

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Anyone can recommend some shoujo with a MC / relationship that's not shy and awkward? Not so rare showings of affection? Where the girl hugs him back? More contemporary-relationship-ish?

If you know what I mean?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
what's MC? like, controlling?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
ah you mean like a more aggressive heroine? there was Tonari Kaibutsu kun, i think- i mean it was a pretty short manga and the characters weren't very aggressive but they weren't afraid to show their affection either. It was pretty popular, and a lot of people liked it. It's pretty recent too.

I'm currently following Sukitte ii Na Yo. The main pair get to be a couple early in the story so it's all about character growth from there on.

There's Kare kano, it's kind of a classic but the relationship between the two main characters is so well-developed. They did go through the shy and awkward phase but only for a very short while. The rest is how they overcome their own insecurities and challenges now that they have found strength in each other.

I wonder if you signed up for the collective reading?