Chapter - Shokugeki no Soma ~La Dessert~ Chapter 2 Spoilers and Discussion | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shokugeki no Soma ~La Dessert~ Chapter 2 Spoilers and Discussion

Caribbeans

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
US Virgin Islands
So the family photo from the beginning of this manga is now legit Tamako she actually cut her hair to look like a Mature married woman LUL.

Also bleh bleh bleh with this chapter Nakiri family stories BLEH...can we just get a dam update on soma and crew after they graduate already none cares about Asahi or Azami.......

Last edited:

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh well, even so, lets dig into the manga and see the truth once and for all, shall we?

DESSERT EPILOGUE CHAPTER 2: THE TRUTH OF THE YUKIHIRAS
  1. So the manga begins Saiba began to tell Erina and Hisako one story about his life since his exile from the academy: One year after his return to Japan after his world tour, Saiba took a break at a nearby town and continue his whatever journey without being detected by anyone. So he just wandering around technically everywhere until he stumbled one restaurant that will change his life for the better. How does he got here in the first place?
  2. Well, it appeared that not even his world tour truly eased Saiba even a bit. Sure, his travels did enabled him to meet world famous people and he did return to cooking after being praised by people across the world, but this didn't even mean that the legend truly going back to the old ways he always did as he kinda letting his doubt got the better than it, again. Who or what will going to fill his hollow soul and truly enable him to cook once more?
  3. Moving on, real story goes when Saiba entered the restaurant where he ordered one dish that stunned every customer in this diner: Chef Special. Huh, judging by the looks of everyone's faces, this didn't look too good. And the chef who would cook that special was none other than than the legend's future wife Tamako. Needless to say, the taste was so bad that it literary choked the legend to pass coma. Oh, and Tamako was a former female delinquent during her high school days. Take note, Eizan and Subaru! Because your gang was puny compared to that one woman army! Anyway, with the Yukihira father-daughter's shenanigans as the comedy (yes, this is how you stop people from smoking, folks), Saiba, despite understandably baffled by the fiasco made by Tamako herself, began to see a different perspective when he saw customers smiling whilst interacting with Tamako, which seemly like he has finally found something that will fill his hollowed heart...
  4. Since then, Saiba became a regular to the Yukihira Diner and his popularity seemly annoyed Tamako more than anything, including her daddy hiring him as a helper. Of course, being a professional chef he was, Saiba gave a taste of his cooking to Tamako who said that his dish was delicious and welcomed him as part of the crew regardless. This prompted Saiba to ask Tamako a question: Why was she excited about cooking? Like her future baby boy, Tamako just answered that she will do what she always do so long her customers got the big smiles one their faces. Sounds familiar? And then, we then see the interaction between the duo when Tamako, after learning Saiba's past, she seemly sympathize with him and
    "upgraded" Saiba into more than a gang's lieutenant. Ah, so this is how they got happily married...
  5. Fast forward to Soma's birth, Saiba told Tamako to keep him and the Tootsuki as a secret from their first and only son as the former wished his baby boy to walk his own path. Well, considering whatever happened next to Tamako during Soma's growth, you should've known that you can't keep your secrets forever. Anyway, unlike Erina's dysfunctional family, the Yukihiras actually had more fun during Soma's growth and Granddad Yukihira took the picture of the happy three of the Yukihiras. Well, as much as we yearn to know who Tamako eventually left the world of living and met Toki and Kushina Uzumaki, lets just say we'd better leave it alone...
  6. And that's the end of the Tale of the Yukihiras. Well, this is short, too short for a manga chapter about the Yukihiras. Moving on, after Erina and Hisako hear the story, the former begin to feel envy for the Yukihira House for having a happy and stable life despite their not-so-elegant lifestyle. Then comes Azami who is about to reveal the truth of Asahi Saiba to Erina and he is going to say his eternal farewell to Erina.. c'mon, manga. Really, manga? Why you talk about Asahi now? Come to think of it, how on earth did Azami even know Asahi? I'm so confused, what's going on? Speaking of the devil...
  7. Somewhere at America, Asahi is paying his late mother's grave a "visit" and whilst recalling his own bad memories with mom, y'know abuse and such, he just scrub this off by tossing the flower at the grave and just a thought of Soma's words of memories alone only motivating him to find his own way. Just as he is about to leave, however, a group of people (presumably long time acquaintances) pay that grave a visit with one of them berates her for being a gold-digging drunkard who love swinging around with a lot of men. Yep, you read this correctly, even her own friends can't stand her alcoholism and being a manizer, wait is manizer even a word? Anyway, the stinger here is that one of friends even says that he felt bad for Asahi because that woman has bragged about his latest boyfriend before ended up bearing Asahi within. How does....
  8. Oh, and Asahi then tells Erina that Mana the Dork was the first to notice something. What does he mean? Well, another flashback occurred but this time it was a blood samples courtesy of Mana's orders and, what shocks Azami and even us is that, through the power of her god tongue (yes, really), Mana makes a daunting conclusion that Asahi is THE SON OF AZAMI?! Especially after tasting such dish??! (beat for 5 seconds...) WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?! You trying to convince us that Asahi was actually a NAKIRI?! This means he is the estranged brother to Erina instead of Soma?! Was DNA testing was useless to in this universe?! How can't you tell? Aren't you supposed to be crippled even by your own abilities? HOW DOES THIS EVEN A THING?! (panting heavily...) Alright, never mind, I think I will rant that later. One question though, how DID Azami ends up having a son in the first place?
  9. Double the flashback goes onto Azami part: You see, the departure of Saiba have severely broke him to the point even becoming a former husk to his former glorious self and even wouldn't mind banging other woman for relief, without rubber. Yeah, and this is before him met Mana of all times. Seems to me depression sure makes people do messed up things Yeah, I really don't get that. Seeing an idol forced to quit has already transformed him into the wrecking ball of chaos already?! You were a champion for the Tootsuki, darn it! Can't you NOT make any trouble just for once?
  10. Then back to the present, we then see more nonsense from the man himself as he just pitifully apologizes to her baby girl about how he not fit as his parent and how his departure from the family will "atone" to his sin and Asahi by himself. Why, isn't this is a selfish thing to do, Azami? Do you really think this will make any difference at all? Sure, enough, Erina, now had enough with all the shenanigans from her papa, slap his face and tell Hisako that they are going somewhere. THANK YOU! That slap should've waken Azami for a second and this is for making her whole life a living suffering! Also, Mana, who is seen actually stayed behind, now commenting her girl's growing courage that outshine the Nakiri House's shadow. OK...Even so, while Azami my have been the root of the problem, you're no excpetion for making Erina's life such a mess, Dork
  11. Some day later, we then see Azami also know the truth thanks to his wolves and now feeling regret about making Erina life a living hell and lamenting about nowhere to stay. Yeah, you really shouldn't do that right from the get go, sucker! Then, comes the God Tongue who approach to him and then calling him "Ani-sama". OK, easily forgiven I see? That aside though, with everything seems to reconcile for good, what will the future lies for Soma and his friends? Tune in next time to the real finale of Shokugeki no Soma!

Last edited:

MeowyMenoire

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
stupid reason? You're good ?. It is a manga where there are people with skills such as: undressing people when they eat an amazing dish. or where you have orgasms when eating. But you say it's stupid that azami. By losing his idol (which was his reason for cooking). and has been depressed about it. He has slept with a woman and has not taken care of himself. That's stupid? It seems that stupidity here is not that reason, if not you, for not understanding.

A little more blood to life would not hurt you
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Then you are telling me that. Souma will arrive from your trip. He won't think about seeing when Totsuki has changed. something Erina did for him. if not, he will say "come, Erina, try my plate and if you don't like it, I leave school without thinking about the effort you made to make a nice place for me."
It seems silly. And as arrogant as it comes. It would be very stupid of him. and I doubt that Souma does something like that.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

and where is the summary or personal comment of Chingaruna that always does ?. @Chingaruna517
I think that sounds about right to be honest. He got her to change though. Like i said to we know the dish won't fail. And why should it be that Tootsuki changed because of him? It should've always been a place for equal opportunity for every chef, not just him

mike allan

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
stupid reason? You're good ?. It is a manga where there are people with skills such as: undressing people when they eat an amazing dish. or where you have orgasms when eating. But you say it's stupid that azami. By losing his idol (which was his reason for cooking). and has been depressed about it. He has slept with a woman and has not taken care of himself. That's stupid? It seems that stupidity here is not that reason, if not you, for not understanding.

A little more blood to life would not hurt you

Then you are telling me that. Souma will arrive from your trip. He won't think about seeing when Totsuki has changed. something Erina did for him. if not, he will say "come, Erina, try my plate and if you don't like it, I leave school without thinking about the effort you made to make a nice place for me."
It seems silly. And as arrogant as it comes. It would be very stupid of him. and I doubt that Souma does something like that.

and where is the summary or personal comment of Chingaruna that always does ?. @Chingaruna517
Its more like when soma back and he's thinking on his mind that if he failed once again to make erina say his food is delicious then he is no right to stay with her on tootsuki..

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Reading the different reactions in forums and Reddit, this whole question of Asashi fell like a big kick in the balls (Asashi's fandom must be nonexistent or almost null).

In the next chapter I want to see:
The Return of Soma
Soma's resolution
The evolution of the Soma cooking style
Interaction between Soma and Erina
Foodgasm

I would like to see many other charismatic characters that the work has, but the author threw half a chapter of this epilogue in the trash. Hopefully it will be a chapter of 40 pages
It’s 34

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Too bad, this manga is really drifting away. I wonder what smoke the scriptwriter and what the editors do to avoid such a fall into the abyss of a manga that was good up to the azami bow.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This Asahi story is one of the greatest bullshits I've ever read. They keep on ruining SnS even after it ended, damn.

We still know nothing about Souma's grandparents, something teased a long time ago by Jou. But we f*ing know this useless character recently introduced is a secret son of the manga's villain that was protagonist of the arc that doomed the manga. Fantastic.

At least baby Souma is cute

BLocTidus

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
The past with tamako is really good but with asahi .....
For the Chapter 3 i'm not so sure for the Sorina couple at the end ...
I think it will soma come back to taste hisdish to erina and she will have a foodgasm
it's the objectif of soma so i'm not so sure for the sorina couple at the end :gwah:gwah:gwah....

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
The past with tamako is really good but with asahi .....
For the Chapter 3 i'm not so sure for the Sorina couple at the end ...
I think it will soma come back to taste hisdish to erina and she will have a foodgasm
it's the objectif of soma so i'm not so sure for the sorina couple at the end :gwah:gwah:gwah....
...last chapter is about the future of everyone, don't worry.

BLocTidus

Reaction score
Country
France
...last chapter is about the future of everyone, don't worry.
Yes but soma with erina is not so sure :iik:iik I was very confident for the couple But now i'm not so sure because they did a pretty good mess with that last arc ...
But I think that if there not be souma with Erina together at the end, the fans will not be happy ...
The sorina couple is the only thing why I keep reading ...

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Yes but soma with erina is not so sure :iik:iik I was very confident for the couple But now i'm not so sure because they did a pretty good mess with that last arc ...
But I think that if there not be souma with Erina together at the end, the fans will not be happy ...
The sorina couple is the only thing why I keep reading ...
If Tsukuda is loyal and consequently with the story he developed, Soma and Erina have to stay together as a couple. But also as I said in a previous comment, I don't have much confidence, since it can come out with an plot twist and cheap excuse.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
megumi x soma is the best

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I think that sounds about right to be honest. He got her to change though. Like i said to we know the dish won't fail. And why should it be that Tootsuki changed because of him? It should've always been a place for equal opportunity for every chef, not just him
Yes, that's why thanks to Souma. The school changes. They noticed that a normal dining room chef. It can live up to elite food. Obviously he deserves more recognition. Erina also does it for her future husband too :v

Its more like when soma back and he's thinking on his mind that if he failed once again to make erina say his food is delicious then he is no right to stay with her on tootsuki..
If he believed he has no right. The answer would be to run away? what a stupid thing. what Souma would do would be to try harder. So Erina says it's delicious. But he wouldn't run away

megumi x soma is the best
yes? and because?. Megumi is not Souma's inspiration in the kitchen. that already says a lot

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, that's why thanks to Souma. The school changes. They noticed that a normal dining room chef. It can live up to elite food. Obviously he deserves more recognition. Erina also does it for her future husband too :v

If he believed he has no right. The answer would be to run away? what a stupid thing. what Souma would do would be to try harder. So Erina says it's delicious. But he wouldn't run away

yes? and because?. Megumi is not Souma's inspiration in the kitchen. that already says a lot
If they're going with this shipping ,and it's still 50/50 at this point, how about we add more to it. What if that dish Joichoro he made for a young Erina was actually something that was soma's idea and he just enhanced it. Also soma could have beaten his dad a long time ago, and even Erina, but he cares too much about them to do so.

mike allan

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If they're going with this shipping ,and it's still 50/50 at this point, how about we add more to it. What if that dish Joichoro he made for a young Erina was actually something that was soma's idea and he just enhanced it. Also soma could have beaten his dad a long time ago, and even Erina, but he cares too much about them to do so.
LOL 50/50

BLocTidus

Reaction score
Country
France
If Tsukuda is loyal and consequently with the story he developed, Soma and Erina have to stay together as a couple. But also as I said in a previous comment, I don't have much confidence, since it can come out with an plot twist and cheap excuse.
Yes ... but if he want something positive form the fan, he has to put them together
If Soma and Erina are not together in the end I sell all my books :shout:shout I continue to read just for that