Discussion - Shinsoo manipulation and properties | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Shinsoo manipulation and properties

HeavenisFood

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What other ways do you think shinsoo can be used? We know shinsoo can be accelerated, you can create fire and lightning.

Brian Taboada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is ALL from the Wiki which I recommend reading (It helps me all the time)... (http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Shinsoo)

At different times, Shinsoo can take on the properties of water, fire, air or light etc. Shinsoo has an endless list of variations. As it can be so many different things, nothing can be singled out to define Shinsoo or to assign it to a special property. Shinsoo is the "basis of all energy".

According to Lero-Ro, Shinsoo is said to have no limits. Through Shinsoo alone, one can attain eternal youth, immortality, control over the elements and even the powers of a god. Also, there is a rumour Enryu is able to create life using Shinsoo.

In Ashul Edwaru's "Of the Tower's Weapons", it is mentioned that Shinsoo is created by the Tower and even exists in sealed areas. What Shinsoo is created from, is unknown. In turn, the Guardians control Shinsoo on each Floor. Ashul states the readers might find it strange that he starts a book about weapons by speaking about Shinsoo. However, that only means that they are ignorant about how weapons in the Tower function and are made.

The Baang is the basic unit in which Shinsoo is measured by and made up of. 'Myun 'refers to the size of a Baang. Soo refers to the concentration or mass of Shinsoo within a Baang.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I wanted to post this. You can do pretty much anything with Shinsoo. It depends on your abilities.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What other ways do you think shinsoo can be used? We know shinsoo can be accelerated, you can create fire and lightning.
Can you be a tad more specific about your question? As far as the manga has mentioned the aplications of shinsoo are essentially limitless as far as it's users are concerned. It's more of a matter of talent and skill. Shinsoo exists and is automatically generated in any space in the tower, the main difference would be concentration at given places. And as far as we know absolutely everything in the tower is essentially made out of shinsoo. With that in mind using shinsoo you can make all elements... with sufficient skill and or technology you can make anything since everything is made out of shinsoo to begin with.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would add that it's technically limitless only for an irregular. Irregulars can shape the shinsoo on their own without a contract. When you make a contract with a Guardian to be able to manipulate shinsoo then that dictates how that shinsoo can be used: for example it seems all contracts Regulars can make in the tower don't allow them to use Black Hole Sphere.

The restrictions on shinsoo usage may be different from floor to floor as each Guardian makes its own contract. I supppse a Guardian that was afraid of fire could forbid some flame users (not Yeon family though) from making fire. Note that this is example has never been seen in the Manwah but it's possible things like this exist.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Also, there is a rumour Enryu is able to create life using Shinsoo.
Oi... i didn't see the man giving life to people on the flashback. Perhaps, the rumour is for that Enryu allowed the breath of life on a small part of the Admin that it's known as Red Thryssa! D:

Btw, Shinsoo got a new branch on itself with the spell department, that it's rules surpass almost anyone or anything.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Wanted to create a thread about the new Shinsoo's manipulation techniques and properties and I found this one. I noticed a lot of people tend to discuss about them rom times to times. It would be better to use this thread, to discuss about attributes, old and especially new techniques we know like Shinwonryu and Tension/Jangryuk.

Atributes can be specificed by shape and/or elemental properties.

The attributes we know so far are Orb, Needle, Shield, Spear, Sword and Vine IIRC. Not sure how I should call Androssi's.

Fire, Electricity, Ice, Rock, Plant, Wind, Water(?), Gold. We know that Orb maximizes Shinsoo, what do you think are the abilities of the others? I guess Shield is obvious but for the others, not so much.

SIU said that that the Gold attribute from Zahard is like some special metal unique in TOG more similar to diamond IRL.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Vine? When did we see a vine?

As far as the abilities I would argue the bulk of them do simply the stuff we would intuitively guess. When eduan explained the orb he made the point that bam should use it as the original orb was used. So if you have a sword then it is pretty certain that the sword should be used as any sword. I do think there is a chance that certain shapes could have a sort of trick to them. Imagine a sword. Under normal circumstances the sword would simply do normal sword stuff. But what if this shape is that of a sword that has a different function from a regular sword? Bam could create an orb, a tool meant to maximize shinsoo, so its not a stretch that other items with more special or unique effects could be created.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Vine? When did we see a vine?

As far as the abilities I would argue the bulk of them do simply the stuff we would intuitively guess. When eduan explained the orb he made the point that bam should use it as the original orb was used. So if you have a sword then it is pretty certain that the sword should be used as any sword. I do think there is a chance that certain shapes could have a sort of trick to them. Imagine a sword. Under normal circumstances the sword would simply do normal sword stuff. But what if this shape is that of a sword that has a different function from a regular sword? Bam could create an orb, a tool meant to maximize shinsoo, so its not a stretch that other items with more special or unique effects could be created.
I believe he’s referring to Sachi’s vines. The problem with those is that I believe they’re a spell, related to his eye loss. We don’t know if spells are made of or use shinsoo or not.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I believe he’s referring to Sachi’s vines. The problem with those is that I believe they’re a spell, related to his eye loss. We don’t know if spells are made of or use shinsoo or not.
IIRC it has been said sachi's techniques are spell related. I doubt they are a shinsoo attribute/shape at least.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, I was talking about Sachi. Spells should be related to Shinsoo too. Karaka's Infinite Past Lives is part of his Shinsoo Manipulation style.

And if it was not Shinsoo, what could it be?

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I was talking about Sachi. Spells should be related to Shinsoo too. Karaka's Infinite Past Lives is part of his Shinsoo Manipulation style.

And if it was not Shinsoo, what could it be?
I think spells are altogether different. Hoaqin spell to be Mr. White does not seem to rely on shinsoo at all.
A spell that conjures up thorny vines may not explain how those vines got there but I dont see how it has to be shinsoo.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The vines are very likely shinsoo. The tower doesn't give many alternatives in that regard. But them being sachi's shape/quality is sort of a big claim given what we know. Shinsoo qualities/shapes are things which your shinsoo has on its own. You have to learn how to use a shinsoo quality/shape of course but it is not something you pick or develop on your own. That said, I don't know at what point, if any, your shinsoo develops qualities/shapes. We shouldn't just assume any random ass technique we see is a shinsoo quality.

To go a bit further into how ridiculous we can get.... Let me ask you this: Could bam learn how to make an ice spear right now? I would think there is at least a non zero chance of it. But if he does, does that mean ice spear is a quality/shape his shinsoo has? Not necessarily. In that regard, bam wouldn't have gotten the tension benefit which koon got from learning it. I would make the case that when it comes to shinsoo quality/shapes it is important that your shinsoo specifically has it, otherwise it is just a normal technique you learned.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm gonna use this existing thread for this, but SIU said Shinsoo colors have a relationship with its properties. We have seen Shinsoo quality with Edwan's training, such as Ice Spears, Rock Shields and Darkness (?) Orbs. But that hasn't been the First time we Saw weapons Made of Shinsoo. And I'm not counting Koon Ran's Thunder lances. Im talking about Hoaqin's sword: Bam comments that its made of compressed Air. And It is White. Jahad's needle is Golden. And so on, we get to see Shinsoo shape and color related in a Sense already, even tho SIU hasn't yet addressed this subject throughly.

Furthermore, I also think the colors chosen for the 13 moon (months) are related both to the shape of Shinsoo and the elements they have an affinity with (not that anything else related to these weapons is tied too, such as being hooks, needles or swords). I believe the 13 families have a natural affinity and shinsoo color they are more likely to develop, and that they might be correspondent to the 13 months' colors as well.

The relationship between color/element/shape would be as follows:
Silver ? ?
White Wind Sword
Black Darkness Orb
Green ? ?
Yellow ? ?
Luminous ? ?
Indigo ? ?
Blue Lightning Spear/Lance
Dark Earth Shield
Red Blood? Dart/Thorn?
Golden Gold Needles
Colorless ? ?
Any Color Spell Book

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
SIU said each family head has a color. Gold for zahard, white for hon, blue for eduan.... Green seems to be the lo po bia color. White's sword is probably a shinsoo weapon though I am not clear if it is a shinsoo quality/attribute.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Bam says Hoaqin's sword is made from compressed air, manifests itself on demand and his siblings seem to do the same. I guess White is the Wind Shinsoo color and its shape is a Sword.

My imagination tries to think of a colorless Shinsoo, like a water that seems like isnt there, but It is. What weapon would be hiding in plain sight? Perhaps a dagger of betrayal is Gustang's Shinsoo shape, and the reason we did not see his move on Rachel is that his Shinsoo is the colorless one. Daggers and knives were also healer's tools in many past cultures, not kitchen ware till more recently.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Bam says Hoaqin's sword is made from compressed air, manifests itself on demand and his siblings seem to do the same. I guess White is the Wind Shinsoo color and its shape is a Sword.

My imagination tries to think of a colorless Shinsoo, like a water that seems like isnt there, but It is. What weapon would be hiding in plain sight? Perhaps a dagger of betrayal is Gustang's Shinsoo shape, and the reason we did not see his move on Rachel is that his Shinsoo is the colorless one. Daggers and knives were also healer's tools in many past cultures, not kitchen ware till more recently.
When did Baam say that his sword is made from compressed air? I think he said something like his sword is alive or like Shinsoo itself but I don't remember him talking about air.

We saw someone use wind Shinsoo recently and that was Irure, along with her uncle.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When did Baam say that his sword is made from compressed air? I think he said something like his sword is alive or like Shinsoo itself but I don't remember him talking about air.

We saw someone use wind Shinsoo recently and that was Irure, along with her uncle.
https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-164/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=245
I did misread It, he says it's "The space itself", and I thought about the Air around. Let me check his fight with Hoaqin on Dallar show to make sure.

EDIT: Yep, Dallar show has no further clues. But If we keep Irure in mind, Wind Shinsoo is shown as White too. Wind also moves water like an oar, and Arie Hon is White Oar as a sobriquet. Though very slim, there are hints on this possibility.

In worst case scenario, If Shinsoo really is related to water color, White water is a cloud, the nearest thing to "Air element" related to water, a floating water. So Im still willing to bet on White Shinsoo being Air related.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think there are any real references to white ever using anything resembling wind. The recent chapters suggest there could be a wind and water element within the tower though I still find the idea weird considering air does not actually exist within the tower. I can buy up to water being a thing, assuming that within the tower shinsoo can take the form of water in the same way as it becomes fire and it is the thing that comes out of taps or lakes are made out of but considering shinsoo is straight up a fluid in most cases and the important distinction that has been made between air and shinsoo it is just a weird element for the tower to have at all, much more so than water. SIU should clarify a bit more on which elements exist or not in the tower. How would a wind attack even look like in the tower? Air would naturally be much less dense than shinsoo and something similar should happen if we are talking about shinsoo that is made to have the properties of air.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think there are any real references to white ever using anything resembling wind. The recent chapters suggest there could be a wind and water element within the tower though I still find the idea weird considering air does not actually exist within the tower. I can buy up to water being a thing, assuming that within the tower shinsoo can take the form of water in the same way as it becomes fire and it is the thing that comes out of taps or lakes are made out of but considering shinsoo is straight up a fluid in most cases and the important distinction that has been made between air and shinsoo it is just a weird element for the tower to have at all, much more so than water. SIU should clarify a bit more on which elements exist or not in the tower. How would a wind attack even look like in the tower? Air would naturally be much less dense than shinsoo and something similar should happen if we are talking about shinsoo that is made to have the properties of air.
Irure and her uncle were definitely using wind.