Discussion - Sanji and CP0 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Sanji and CP0

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well considering how good Oda was with his parallels in the New World with Paradise, I think he foreshadowed a new parallel with Sanji and CP0 being in the same chapter. Given how the theory that Sanji is nobility and therefore connected to the Celestial Dragons there is no doubt that CP0(who work directly under the Celestial Dragons) will clash with Sanji at some point. If CP0 gets a job to capture Sanji "alive" that will open the possibility for another "rescue arc", a la Enies Lobby where Robin was the person IMPORTANT to the WG. Even if Sanji is not nobility, but like Robin IMPORTANT, surely the WG will send someone of trust to capture him as they say ALIVE.

This brings me back to the parallel, we will surly be introduced to Sanjis PAST just like Robins during CP9, so Sanji's capture by CP0 will open the CP0 arc parallel to the CP9 arc in Paradise. For all this to happen Zou/Wano need to past as the parallel to Jaya/Sky Island.

So my point is that the one to be dispatched to capture Sanji ALIVE will be CP0 thus opening the arc to parallel a CP9 arc in Paradise, as a new rescue arc.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I agree, I've also been thinking about this.

As I said elsewhere:

Robin: survived a massacre, everyone wanted her dead, didn't want to live but ended up wishing for that;
Sani; fled(?), someone clearly wants him alive/to live, he doesn't want to go back but will be forced to.

I think the parallel is very nice, but I just hope it doesn't mean that Sanji will be side-lined all this time again :/...

Another interesting thing: if Sanji is to be captured, I'm thinking so will Nami, Chopper and Brook. Why?

- Robin will take Nami's place this time around;
- Zoro is still around;
- so is Luffy;
- and God Usopp;
- Franky will be taking Chopper's place;
- as for the 6th element, could be Law since he's "replacing" one of the Monster Trio, but that doesn't exclude Bartolomeo and Kinemon from also taking part.

Oh course, this theory only holds any grounds if they don't meet in the mean time.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
For all this to happen Zou/Wano need to past as the parallel to Jaya/Sky Island.
So there's probably a chance that they're going to encounter Teach in Zou/Wano just like they encountered him in Jaya.

And possibly a new character too that will help them rescue Sanji then joins the crew after the Arc/Saga, just like Franky.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm not too fond of the idea, that he's nobility. Sure the parallels are there, but I'm gonna wait and see what this poster is all about. Could be something else that is tied to him facing BM, but I'm not totally excluding this possibility. Only Oda knows for sure.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Could be something else that is tied to him facing BM, but I'm not totally excluding this possibility. Only Oda knows for sure.
How would that work, though? As far as the Marines are concerned, they should be happy if the pirates just keep on killing themselves, I don't see how Sanji could've done/seen something that could be valuable enough to make the Marines/Celestial Dragons want to step in-between the Straw-hats (whom everyones hates at this point) and a Yonkou that has its sights on them.

Whoever it is, they're clearly doing Sanji - and by extension the remaining SHs - a favor, or so they think/believe.

Sanji did warn them though:

I truly believe that it's something related to the fact that only now does the world get to see the "real" Sanji through the new wanted posters, and highly doubt it's got to do with anything he might've done since he left Dressrosa, but we'll have to wait and see :)

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
How would that work, though? As far as the Marines are concerned, they should be happy if the pirates just keep on killing themselves, I don't see how Sanji could've done/seen something that could be valuable enough to make the Marines/Celestial Dragons want to step in-between the Straw-hats (whom everyones hates at this point) and a Yonkou that has its sights on them.

Whoever it is, they're clearly doing Sanji - and by extension the remaining SHs - a favor, or so they think/believe.

Sanji did warn them though:

I truly believe that it's something related to the fact that only now does the world get to see the "real" Sanji through the new wanted posters, and highly doubt it's got to do with anything he might've done since he left Dressrosa, but we'll have to wait and see :)
We assume it's the CDs, it's just one of many possibilities at this point. Another theory would be that BM could have "fallen" for Sanji, and they want him now so they can use him to lure her out, similar to how they did with Ace/WB. Another possibility for Sanji other than being a prince or a world noble, is that he's the son of that blond Gorosei.
I actually like that theory more than him being being a former CD or royalty, because the latter raises a lot of questions. What happened to him that he's no longer a CD or a prince? Is it like DD, if so then I doubt the CDs would want him back. They didn't want DD after he brought them Homing's head, so once Sanji and his family quit Mariejoie they have 0 chance of coming back, because of the precedent with DD. If he's just royalty like Rebecca then I really doubt he will be sought after by the CDs.
So you see there's a lot of uncertainties about this theory, not to mention that if we assume it's the CDs who want him alive, then again we can ask ourselves why they would accept someone like him when they refused DD.
This is why I'm not fond of the idea, and I lean more towards this being related to whatever happened with BM, not to mention his very high increase, which still isn't on par with Usopp for example. To me this has a bigger chance of being tied to the events with BM, because if not then he should have gotten a much bigger bounty, if we assume the CDs are dying to get their hands on him, alive.

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So there's probably a chance that they're going to encounter Teach in Zou/Wano just like they encountered him in Jaya.

And possibly a new character too that will help them rescue Sanji then joins the crew after the Arc/Saga, just like Franky.
Provided that Fishman Island was not the Sky Island of the NW, where we met Hody as a new villain similar to how Enel was. Though Hody was not on the scale of Enel, not even close.

Regarding Sanji, even if he is NOT connected to Nobility the theory of the WG sending someone OF TRUST to get him, like CP0 stays, Sanji might have a similar past to Robin's, tho it will be boring if its the SAME, he has some INFO so they need him alive. Honestly how will Big Mom influence the WG to want Sanji alive? The only way for them to do this is if they somehow will benefit from his capture.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
We assume it's the CDs, it's just one of many possibilities at this point. Another theory would be that BM could have "fallen" for Sanji, and they want him now so they can use him to lure her out, similar to how they did with Ace/WB. Another possibility for Sanji other than being a prince or a world noble, is that he's the son of that blond Gorosei.
I'm also fond of that one. Plus, that guy doesn't have any eyebrows.
I'm guessing it would be too shameful for a member of the Gorosei to be seen like this :teehee

:stare

This is why I'm not fond of the idea, and I lean more towards this being related to whatever happened with BM, not to mention his very high increase, which still isn't on par with Usopp for example. To me this has a bigger chance of being tied to the events with BM,

I don't think a 100m increase should be considered "high", especially for Sanji.
Chopper had bis bounty doubled (woop woop), Nami/Brook/Robin each got an additonal 50 million, whereas Sanji got that x2, 100, because he's clearly the one (among that group) that's closer to the "top" of the hierarchy, if we can even call it that.

To me, the bounties given to the ones on the Sunny were just merely given just so that they don't fall back behind; they're just bounties for those who didn't do pretty much anything, but to keep them on the radar as well. I mean, 100 for Chopper, really? I don't think their bounties reflect anything, really.

because if not then he should have gotten a much bigger bounty, if we assume the CDs are dying to get their hands on him, alive.
Not sure if I agree, what if higher bounty = even more dangerous people going after Sanji, and risking getting him killed over an absurd amount of money?

By keeping the bounty "moderate" they aren't risking much, I think.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm also fond of that one. Plus, that guy doesn't have any eyebrows.
I'm guessing it would be too shameful for a member of the Gorosei to be seen like this :teehee

:stare

I don't think a 100m increase should be considered "high", especially for Sanji.
Chopper had bis bounty doubled (woop woop), Nami/Brook/Robin each got an additonal 50 million, whereas Sanji got that x2, 100, because he's clearly the one (among that group) that's closer to the "top" of the hierarchy, if we can even call it that.

To me, the bounties given to the ones on the Sunny were just merely given just so that they don't fall back behind; they're just bounties for those who didn't do pretty much anything, but to keep them on the radar as well. I mean, 100 for Chopper, really? I don't think their bounties reflect anything, really.

Not sure if I agree, what if higher bounty = even more dangerous people going after Sanji, and risking getting him killed over an absurd amount of money?

By keeping the bounty "moderate" they aren't risking much, I think.
Nope during the time skip only Luffy's bounty increased, because of his involvment in the Summit War. The remaining SHs didn't have a bounty increase "so as to not fall behind". This convinces me that the reason why the Curly hats had a bounty increase is either because the Marines thought they would give all of the SHs a bounty regardless of their involvement in Dressrosa's events(which I doubt) or because of what happened with BM. Clashing with BM's crew should warrant a significant bounty raise.Chopper's bounty didn't get so high because of the original misunderstanding, that he's just the crew's pet, and they mistook his Monster form for another creature, despite it beating CP9's Kumadori.
My point with Sanji is that although he did get a rather significant increase (100 mil isn't nothing) it's not as important as to signify that it's because of some supposed connection to the CDs. If that was the case his bounty would be higher, and the "alive" part is what should ensure that he should be captured alive, which means anyone who kills him won't get the reward. So it doesn't matter if they keep it moderate, as long as they said he should be only alive, it pretty much rules out the possibility of anyone killing him, since they won't be getting any reward if they do.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
BM = Big Mom? If so, why would the Straw Hats get a higher bounty for that? Shouldn't the Marines want the Yonkou to be taken out, given they're some of the strongest pirate crews?

I wouldn't be shocked if Sanji was sought after because of his skills as a chef. However, I always figured there'd be more to Sanji given his skills for tactics and intellect.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Luffy save Dressora and Alabasta, so why does the bounty go up then?

By Pirates fighting each other, they would show off their combat skill and thus their threats t the government.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Luffy beat the shichibukai, who are part of the government, so it makes them look bad. The Yonkou are not part of the government, they're enemies. I can't see the government bein too upset at a Yonkou going down, given how powerful and dangerous they are. The Marines can't afford to go to war with a Yonkou but in case that ever happens, they can call on the shichibukai for aid.

I'd like if this arc was focused on Sanji. It's his turn, tbh.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well the SHs clashing with the Yonko should establish how much of a threat they are. They can be seen as dangerous because of that. I doubt the WG won't raise their bounties just because it's pirates clashing with each other...

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Luffy beat the shichibukai, who are part of the government, so it makes them look bad. The Yonkou are not part of the government, they're enemies. I can't see the government bein too upset at a Yonkou going down, given how powerful and dangerous they are. The Marines can't afford to go to war with a Yonkou but in case that ever happens, they can call on the shichibukai for aid.

I'd like if this arc was focused on Sanji. It's his turn, tbh.
A bounty represents the level of a threat of a criminal. By just raising a pirate flag, an individual is declaring himself an enemy of the government. And by facing against a Yonko, said enemy of the government proves himself to be potentially dangerous.

Using a real world analogy, let's say you have two rival terrorist organizations. One of them wipes the other with a nuclear weapon. Even if the members of the organization that was annihilated were criminals, it would still scare the shit out of every country.

Deleted member 182576

and as in Water 7 arc, there were ppl around there, where we thought: wow they're nice and friendly and are living there etc.
but then BAAAAAAAAAAAM, CP9 agents, lived for a Long period there and yeah we found out that they're the "evil ones".
maybe there is a plot Twist, where i don't know, kin' and kan' are part of the "evil ones", where we thought hey they're nice ppl" or maybe we get introduced early to "nice ppl" but they are instead the evil ones, working under CP0 but are hiding somewhere with a different identity

2. plot Twist: bartolomeo is actually a CP0 Agent and is using this "fanboy" stuff as a camouflage

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Well the SHs clashing with the Yonko should establish how much of a threat they are. They can be seen as dangerous because of that. I doubt the WG won't raise their bounties just because it's pirates clashing with each other...
That is true, but the government would increase the bounty on danger level/if they harmed innocents, I think. I'm just wondering because the Straw Hats aren't evil, and many in the Marines actually respect the crew. Although if it was up to Akainu, the crew would get an increase regardless of whom they save or beat.
A bounty represents the level of a threat of a criminal. By just raising a pirate flag, an individual is declaring himself an enemy of the government. And by facing against a Yonko, said enemy of the government proves himself to be potentially dangerous.

Using a real world analogy, let's say you have two rival terrorist organizations. One of them wipes the other with a nuclear weapon. Even if the members of the organization that was annihilated were criminals, it would still scare the shit out of every country.
True, but the Straw Hats aren't evil.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like Robin's foreshadowing.:kappa
lol, if Robin has foreshadowed accurately before.... Usopp's might align with the lies or atleast tats the point i was trying to maek..

MBVC

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
I like Robin's foreshadowing.:kappa
Robin lacks sensitivity, maybe she was born in dark age, that camp fire argument on sky island is the perfect proof.

Actually, she should have said it after she saw Sanji bleeding from extreme happiness right after Camie rescued the lucky bastard from drowning in water or love?