TV - RWBY | Page 66 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV RWBY

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok saw the episode... I found it a tad meh for the most part.

Ok, the first thing that comes to mind... vote counting in mantle makes zero sense. We are talking about jacques losing by 30 points mere minutes away from the end and then there is an upset... That's not how anything works. Add to that, jacques tried to hold the city hostage a day earlier. he is a criminal who should be prosecuted without a shred of lenience.

Then... we also didn't actually deal with the disturbances caused by jacques. A bit lazy but perhaps for the best though.

And... the series is pretending blake and yang specifically have gone through a lot? That's not actually true though. They spent most of volume 4 and 5 separated and the only meaningful thing they have done together is killing adam. Otherwise the bulk of what they have been through together also involved ruby and weiss. If the series wants to put blake and yang together that's fine but don't pretend they have been through so much stuff alone when they simply haven't.

Reporter: How does it feel that your supporters were the ones rioting?
robin: Fucking awesome because it was literally 80% of the country. I AM GETTING MY SEAT BITCH!
Reporter: So you don't think jacques has a chance tomorrow?
Robin: A chance? The guy incited a panic and basically tried to hold the country hostage to win an election. He is a criminal. I am literally running unopposed while the majority of the country supports me. Right? RIGHT!?
reporter: The fuck do I know.

james: Ok rwby, take a break. Until tomorrow.
Ruby: but why? It's literally the busiest night of the year and someone is trying to frame you for murdering your political allies. Shouldn't you have all your best people out there? specially considering that so far it appears that the ace ops and us are literally the entirety of your forces.
James: Look, I need an excuse to throw bumblebee fans and ren/nora fans a bone.
Ruby: confused
Weiss: Wait, are you not aware of what is going on? How can you possibly be this oblivious?

Jaune: Weiss, movie with me and oscar? We aren't in any ship anyone cares about.
Weiss: God i hope so cause otherwise I will run out of people to hang with.

RWBY: Why are you going out with those guys? You said they suck.
Yang; we wanna dance.
Blake: yep.
Weiss: You guys aren't actually going with them right? it seems like such a transparent lie.

Nora: REN! NOTICE ME!
Ren: No.
NORA: Unlike blake and yang we have been through so much!
Ren: Aren't we like siblings? I distinctly remember adopting you.
Nora: nora rage noises.
Ren; eh, um, eeerrrrrrr.
Nora: eats ren's face

Penny: Oh, an obvious enemy. Gotta take my time running all my protocols before being useful.
Tyrian: kills people as if he was in a musou game
penny: These protocols take a reaaaallly long time.
Tyrian: Still kills people. escapes penny's sight.
Penny: Are my eyes damaged? what's the point of these if they can be fooled like regular eyes? And its so dark. don't I have a flashlight? Even phones have flashlights.

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like my theory from last season might be correct. It’s not that Salem can’t be destroyed it’s simply that Oz is incapable is destroying her. He said “How do I destroy Salem?” And rather than saying She can’t be destroyed the relic said “YOU can’t”

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It looks like my theory from last season might be correct. It’s not that Salem can’t be destroyed it’s simply that Oz is incapable is destroying her. He said “How do I destroy Salem?” And rather than saying She can’t be destroyed the relic said “YOU can’t”
That's... kind of a coopout IMO. We have seen multiple instances of salem being immortal. A meteor from the moon fell on her, then she survived the barren wasteland that remained of earth for god knows how long, then she survived everything ozma threw at him during their fight... If the entirety of the plot turns out to be the result of gin being a bitch and not telling him someone else could stab salem with the sword of destruction then it'd be beyond absurd. I'd take throwing salem to the sun in a spaceship before that at least.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's... kind of a coopout IMO. We have seen multiple instances of salem being immortal. A meteor from the moon fell on her, then she survived the barren wasteland that remained of earth for god knows how long, then she survived everything ozma threw at him during their fight... If the entirety of the plot turns out to be the result of gin being a bitch and not telling him someone else could stab salem with the sword of destruction then it'd be beyond absurd. I'd take throwing salem to the sun in a spaceship before that at least.
That is shit but I always the the way that scene was worded was off. I took it as he can’t actually bring himself to do it given his love for Salem

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I hope that in next episode we will see them finish Monty dance animation he did for fun

Silver Eyes bullshit is my bet...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I liked the episode though i am confused about Faunus not being able to see in the dark

Tyrion is a damn good villain,he is one of those villains who really angers me.Though the last minute upset,i suspect some rigging or hacking.

Now Ruby and others have to fight this.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Nice enough episode, though there isn't that much to say....

The most important thing that happened in this episode is that yang and blake fucked up. They took a gamble, behind their allies back, which is almost certainly to catastrophically backfire. And that fuckup is going to compound with the BS james and others are pilling up. The worst part is that yang and blake's situation shouldn't be a fuckup. Robin has a semblance which allows her to tell whether other people are lying... So she at a minimum knows blake was telling the truth but even then she can't trust them. In spite of the fact that trust shouldn't even be an issue.

The bit with the weapon is nice enough. Though ozpin being responsible for atlas being a thing is not a good sign. I wonder if oscar and ozpin simply finally fully fused rather than ozpin having disappeared....

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Here's the thing even if Blake and Yang's decision will backfire and bite them in the ass I'm happy both of them done that... why?? There was some character and decision making instead of what we were getting for quite some time " Ruby what do we do " it's a + in my books despite how it ends..

I have much more to say about this chapter ( Tin man / staff etc. ) but that later..

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Here's the thing even if Blake and Yang's decision will backfire and bite them in the ass I'm happy both of them done that... why?? There was some character and decision making instead of what we were getting for quite some time " Ruby what do we do " it's a + in my books despite how it ends..

I have much more to say about this chapter ( Tin man / staff etc. ) but that later..
I suppose that them not relying on the youngest child in their group is refreshing at this point, it's just a shame that their one decision was such a big fuck up. They are huntresses working for a general who commands the mightiest military force in the world... The information they revealed was highly classified and the amount of authority and clearance they had to reveal it was and remains a negative number. The fuckup is so big that in a best case scenario they merely get fired. Worst case scenario they get branded as criminals and traitors. Heck, robin isn't even that reliable a character... She was preferable to jacques obviously but that is a super low bar. Robin is the type of character that immediately resorts to crime as soon as things don't go her way. She has been highjacking military shipments.... if atlas military wasn't so lenient she'd already be in prison.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Nice to see Yang and Blake deciding to cooperate with Robin,

also did you notice in that image that moustache guy was there too.

Oscar is becoming mature too.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... when is the next episode coming out? this saturday?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Weiss's mom is nice,she saw Arthur with Jacques.

she should immediate inform the other Hunters and Huntresses.

Also the ending is quite suspenseful.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Sensational episode.
The ending with Neo and Cinder is what I had been waiting for all season, so glad to see those two back in action. The volume was missing a proper villain presence.
Jacques is too much of a wuss to be a long standing villain. Tyrian and Watts are too devout to Salem to be interesting (Though I suppose you could make a case for Watts having an interesting personality)
If Cinder actually manages to steal both the Relic + Winter Maidens it solidifies her as the best villain in the series (She already was before this btw :p). Just hoping she doesn't betray Neo or something retarded like that.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gotta say, I don't dislike the volume so far but i find very little about it to be particularly interesting. As in, I don't hate what I am watching but I also feel like there is much of anything to talk about...

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
The most recent two episodes were really well done. This last episode might be my favorite ever. Combat wise I can’t think of a better episode. Now with that said:

The Ace Ops are stupid, stupid people. It’s not that Ironwood is entirely wrong and to some degree I agree with saving what you can and focusing on the war rather than a single battle but infighting after acknowledging that Cinder is there and everything is working in Salem’s favor was terrible.Then to make matters worse, Clover fights on the plane with Tyrion in custody. If there was ever a time to ignore Ironwood, it’s when it will force you into a plane fight with a psychotic serial killer on board. Truthfully Clover got himself killed. And in response Qrow threw the laziest punch I’ve ever seen. The emotion afterwards made for a good scene. Then there’s the Ace Ops vs RWBY which was awesome. Ruby telling them they were the best Huntsmen in Atlas is probably my favorite part.This volume started ok but the ending episodes have been as good as any volume has been in my opinion.

Reactions: syx

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok so.... that was stupid. At least the qrow part. I get that qrow and clover weren't exactly on the same page but qrow and tyrion agreeing to team up against clover makes zero sense. As in, it can't possibly be justified.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Bit of a disappointing finale, all things considered.
This show peaked in season 3, season 4 was decent as a transitional one, Season 5 was okay-ish but the last two seasons have been nothing short of dull.

The Good:
-Neo holding her own against Team RNJO. Going into this finale I was expecting them to defeat her with the obvious excuse of 'Oh, we trained so now we are stronger than we were before', but genuinely happy that bullshit didn't fly in the face of Neo. She was actually toying with them without even going all out, good stuff.
-Cinder vs Winter & Penny was also a solid fight. As a Cinder fan I was hoping this fight wouldn't be offscreened (It seemed as if it would be, the end result Cinder gaining the Winter Maiden's powers), but the detail put in it was superb. Also, Cinder's legs :tss
-Ozpin's return.

The Neutral:
-Penny gaining the Winter Maiden's powers. That seemed....completely random. Not well thought out. Though I suppose it is better than the obvious choice of Winter being the successor. Also, it means Penny will probably stick around longer now.
-Qrow being arrested.
-Salem appearing at the end. Not as much of a cliffhanger when it was obvious what she was up to this whole time.

The Bad:
-How did Ren fall for that Neo trap? So dumb.
-80% of this volume was meaningless filler without any pay off. At all. They literally spent the first five episodes goofing off, all whilst knowing that Salem is Immortal/Can't be stopped and in possession of a Relic. That doesn't fit the atmosphere at all. Compare that to the mood in Season 4 when they were all serious after the invasion of Beacon. That should have been the same mood as this season.
-Everyone is gay so the writers need to stop taking pointers off Tumblr.

Final rating: 4.5/10

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Neo fight was actually boring and it was looked more lie comedy relief than a fight.

We have you outnumbered = Process to attack her individually

Cinder without backstory and still being just " I want powa " also she again took L :yodawg

Team RWBY doing nothing in the finale bar Ruby's " begone thot "

-Everyone is gay

Where?

-How did Ren fall for that Neo trap? So dumb.
That's actually the only good part of that fight

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The volume was pretty bad. RWBY did nothing but going to parties and being the goodie 2 shoes.
Ironwood is now being portrayed as the villain when he was just trying to save who he can. But now he just shoots Oscar just because, to convince everyone he went nuts.
Cinder had no development, Neo had no development, the villains were boring overall.
How did Ren fall for that Neo trap? So dumb.
He was fighting her but it was instinctive. She suddenly did the puppy eyed Nora and he hesitated for 1 second which was enough for Neo. Neo is good at exploring their weaknesses. The poor thing was really frustrated afterwards so don't be too tough on him.

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Vol 7, everyone makes even more poor decisions.

The overall progress of the story was fine, if not particularly eventful, but how everything went down was pretty disappointing.