Anime - Rumor: New Berserk Anime Incoming | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Rumor: New Berserk Anime Incoming

Demoleon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
J2d, a member of the video game-centric forum NeoGAF, seems to have insider information regarding a sequel to the Berserk anime.

Apparently, he learned from an old friend (who now works for the animation company, Studio 4°C) that a new Berserk anime is in production, and was even lucky enough to get a glimpse at some of the footage.

Now, due to a lapse in judgment (he was drunk, apparently), J2d's leaked a few shots of the trailer onto NeoGAF, seemingly confirming the project’s existence. He took them down soon after, but by then it was too late. They had already begun to spread like wildfire.

If you want to see them (and trust me, you have to see them--they're beautiful), they're up on 4chan right now. I would post them here, but I don't want to be responsible for spreading them around.

Edit: Oh, what the hell! Here they are:

Last edited:

Onomatopoeia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: HURRY GUYS, BEFORE THE PICTURES GET TAKEN DOWN!

This is...wow. The animation looks great.

Just wow.

PitylessEnvy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Pretty...

Snake_Cowboy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

HOLY SHIT!

I. Can't. Effing. wait.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
ABOUT TIME! Though I think I only watched the series last year...

Is this being done by Studio 4ºC or by Oriental Lights & Magic (original series)?

Snake_Cowboy

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Rumor has it that it's being done by Studio 4ºC, but nothing's certain, of course.

BigCamaro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
awesome. bout time. Soon Naruto, FMA, Gantz, Bleach, DGM etc. will end. Berserk, OP, and HNI may be the last series I read. Good to see theyre all going strong on the anime end too.

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, yesssssss oh oh oh yesss this is awesome!!!!!! someone freeze me and unfreeze me when they have the eps showing!
ps caska reminds me of a bird in that pic

crazy_horse1989

Reaction score
Country
Romania
dude, if i were to believe you and then get trolled, i`d kill myself... probably... is this for real??

that`s epic news, if this is actually more than just a rumor! i still prefer manga over anime, but this, i really wanna see it, to see if they respect Miura`s scenario down to the tiniest detail... and it`d be epic to see your favourite series animated... but i still wonder if they`d be on par with Kentaro`s heavenly art...

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The animation style reminds me of Detroit Metal City (DMC which was also done by Studio 4ºC) and Nabari no Ou. Both had a stylized, watercoloured look.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
YES!!!! I'm so happy right now :fangirl2 I might as well be a fan girl lol

ameya730

Reaction score
Country
India
awesome awesome
@demoleon this is the best piece of news that i have heard in a long time man cant wait for the anime i hope they start from the beginning and looking at the pictures it looks like their are not going to soften the gore and blood details which is good cause the anime wont be epic without it

SparkHunter13

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Thanks for posting, Demoleon.

So, a new anime is in the works, eh? I have to say, the visuals pretty underwhelming, considering the source material. Not a fan of the overly polished look, myself (way too heavy on the CG), and it poorly represents Miura's style, in my opinion. Although, it seems just about everyone here would disagree.

Still, I have to doubt these images are even genuine, seeing as there's been no indication whatsoever of a new series outside of the images themselves. I'll also point out that the NeoGAF thread linked by the OP was started over a year ago, and still, no official announcement or confirmation of any kind.

ameya730

Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks for posting, Demoleon.

So, a new anime is in the works, eh? I have to say, the visuals pretty underwhelming, considering the source material. Not a fan of the overly polished look, myself (way too heavy on the CG), and it poorly represents Miura's style, in my opinion. Although, it seems just about everyone here would disagree.

Still, I have to doubt these images are even genuine, seeing as there's been no indication whatsoever of a new series outside of the images themselves. I'll also point out that the NeoGAF thread linked by the OP was started over a year ago, and still, no official announcement or confirmation of any kind.
i agree with you the first time i saw the images it felt too bright for a berserk anime its does not set the tone especially nosferatu zodd i would have liked a much darker shade

but nonetheless just the thought of watching berserk is rocking hopefully they will address this issue

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
OMFG

YES.

Mr.Aaron

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Now if we could just get a new Gantz anime going, I'd piss my pants. :)

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Given the image width and the animation quality in those pictures, my guess would be that it's gonna be a movie, which'd make a whole lot of sense...

That's pretty awesome.

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Now if we could just get a new Gantz anime going, I'd piss my pants. :)
haha what by getting to ...cherry,kaze,izumi,old man, inaba (rofl), tae and miss boobs aka reika. or just kuronaged

@galth
yeah your right it does look like some sort of movie from the drawings.
sure the art may not measure up to miura but WHO CAN and still its good to see the story animated.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Given the image width and the animation quality in those pictures, my guess would be that it's gonna be a movie, which'd make a whole lot of sense...

That's pretty awesome.
A series of movies makes some sense, though I would much prefer a series with that level of detail. There is no reason they can't do this. They realize that Berserk fans are use to waiting and we don't mind because the quality of the manga is amazing. The anime deserves the same level of detail and effort. This aint no shonen crap, this is the big leagues.

NickPizzo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I really hope that it's true :)