Rogue Sapphire...Spreading the Kenichi Love | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rogue Sapphire...Spreading the Kenichi Love

Rogue_Sapphire

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ok, time to edit this. Things have changed, yada yada yada. It's all njt's fault I'm here.

Personal Data:
I'm Aussie, live by myself in Melbourne.

Currently have been learning Japanese for 2.5 years, getting to the end of the Japanese section of my degree but I'm probably good enough to continue self teaching myself. Only have economics subjects left~

Japanese Ability:
I can translate Kenichi. I can read most things with Furigana, with Seinen and novels, I understand them, but I wouldn't be able to translate them. Currently working on improving my reading.

Tastes:
...Like Chicken. Hmm, favourite series at the moment are Kenichi, Gamble (SS), Onidere, Ouran, and I generally read the main SJ series as well.

Interesting facts:
Has the nicknames "Princess" and "Peaches"...isn't gay by the way.
Wishes he didn't have the nicknames "Princess" and "Peaches"
Is also a raw provider for Kenichi in the case of if new chapters haven't had a raw provided and is the one who started people talking about the "Kenichi Love"
Has a fangirl, fairy.

Last edited:

fairy

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Australia-Aboriginal
Tastes:
Probably mostly shounen manga. Anything that involves fights, friendships, betrayals, power levels, usually makes me man-gasm. True men read Shounen manga. But true men aren't also afraid to say they read shoujo series like Bokura ga Ita and Ouran Host Club and love them! >_>;

What you really mean is you like Shoujo manga, with lots of drama & mush mush. & true Princesses aren't afraid to read stuff like Nana & say "Takumi! You two-timer!!" :p

Don't forget your new Gundam & mecha love.

Interesting facts:
Has the nicknames "Princess" and "Peaches"...isn't gay by the way.
Wishes he didn't have the nicknames "Princess" and "Peaches"
Is also a raw provider for Kenichi in the case of if new chapters haven't had a raw provided.

LOL "isn't gay by the way" XD Don't forget smelly XD Hmmm maybe you should also include "is male by the way" :p

Last edited:

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
*busts in*

/me gave Rogue his "Peaches" nickname :D. Reason that came about is, he was over at another friend of mine's house and I was about to say his name but I stopped myself and they noticed and asked me what happened, and I'm like er well I was about to say Princess but Peaches just came to mind and then everyone laughed and laughed and laughed and so-- from that day forward he was called Peaches, mostly by me ^^;;

↑true story.

another true story, Rogue has better Japanese when drunk!

oh! and he hates when his name is misspelt Rouge, but... he has red hair, so I figured it works too >.> *cough*

Rogue_Sapphire

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
*busts in*

/me gave Rogue his "Peaches" nickname :D. Reason that came about is, he was over at another friend of mine's house and I was about to say his name but I stopped myself and they noticed and asked me what happened, and I'm like er well I was about to say Princess but Peaches just came to mind and then everyone laughed and laughed and laughed and so-- from that day forward he was called Peaches, mostly by me ^^;;

↑true story.

another true story, Rogue has better Japanese when drunk!

oh! and he hates when his name is misspelt Rouge, but... he has red hair, so I figured it works too >.> *cough*
*cough* Ginger doesn't equal red!

Probably Gingré or something like that ;P

Nekoi Echizen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Waah! This place is so lonely!ç__ç YOSHI! I'll post it frequently! I'm quite curious to know if someone is interested to translate this title quite frequently until the last japanese chapter!>_< I would like to help!!!

I know a bit of japanese and I'm quite good with editing! Kenichi need more love Rogue-samaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
It's good to see a translatorKenichilover, thanks for all your work :]

Quetz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty sure (100% positive) I've said this before, but you're pretty much the shit for transing kenichi like you have been.
Having said that, I just saw on wikipedia that there are apparently chapters out up to 260ish (I only saw it because I accidentally stumbled upon a chapter number where some giant spoiler event takes place....=/) Do you have any idea what the highest raw available is?

Rogue_Sapphire

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah I do. It's 304, I should be scanning 305 in the next 24 hours.
I also scan the latest Kenichi raws on the side, because the chinese group that used to provide them stopped doing so.
They're available over at jcafe, just google jcafe, sign up, post once so you can see spoilers, go to the Kenichi thread in Winny Club, and raw galore.

But yeah, I'd probably avoid the wiki, lot of spoilers.

din_84

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
when you said you are scanning.. did you mean you are in japan now?
or scanning from australia (i wonder how to do that)?
btw its good to have a commited translator..
with a speed like that, i'm sure many kenichi lovers will like it. :)

Last edited:

Quetz

Reaction score
Country
United States
kenichi > kekkashi tbh

I'm also interested in how you're getting these raws from australia, sup with that?

thefolenangel

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Rogue since I'm Editing the chapters can you give me some info when will you finish 174?
I'm not rushing or anything, just want to be inform so if I need to change my SCHEDULE.
Since we all love spreading the kenichi love ~ :)

Rogue_Sapphire

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Rogue since I'm Editing the chapters can you give me some info when will you finish 174?
I'm not rushing or anything, just want to be inform so if I need to change my SCHEDULE.
Since we all love spreading the kenichi love ~ :)
Waiting on the transcription, already have 176 reasonably done, Yuisaki's working on 175, and when the transcription pops up I'll get 174 done.

Sorry but the way transcriptions popped up sorta got a little ahead again.

thefolenangel

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Okey srly I am bit disappoineted...
didn't you tell that working with groups ruins your motivation?
What was that thing with Yuisaki? You will make Manga Editors quit doing Kenichi if you randomly give to another group to scanlate a chapter... The worst part is that Yuisaki didn't post his TL for public use... >.<
When you decide to spread the love of Kenichi, why don't you do it from the begining to the end?

-best regards folen (the almost quit Manga Editor)

Last edited:

Mooncrow

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just wanted to pop in and really thank you for continuing the Kenichi translations. Such a great series deserves great translations =) It's also really great for me since Kenichi is one of the mangas I'm using to polish my Japanese skills, it's been really helpful to check against yours when it comes out.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Rogue_Sapphire

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Okey srly I am bit disappoineted...
didn't you tell that working with groups ruins your motivation?
What was that thing with Yuisaki? You will make Manga Editors quit doing Kenichi if you randomly give to another group to scanlate a chapter... The worst part is that Yuisaki didn't post his TL for public use... >.<
When you decide to spread the love of Kenichi, why don't you do it from the begining to the end?

-best regards folen (the almost quit Manga Editor)
D: Sorry man. I just thought, it would be a little faster.
I'll keep it in mind.

dane

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
rogue if ur don't mind we do it together its dang tired

Rogue_Sapphire

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm just going to be continuing the way I've been going for the moment because I haven't started back at school so I don't know how reliable I actually am.
It does get a bit tiring though.

Quetz

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you're starting to get tired of doing such fast trans's , tone it down for a while. I'd much rather only get one issue every two weeks over you gritting your teeth and pushing forward and just getting sick of the whole scenario.

Whatever you end up doing, you're still helping to bring me one of my favorite manga.

Rogue_Sapphire

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If you're starting to get tired of doing such fast trans's , tone it down for a while. I'd much rather only get one issue every two weeks over you gritting your teeth and pushing forward and just getting sick of the whole scenario.

Whatever you end up doing, you're still helping to bring me one of my favorite manga.
I'm fine I'm fine.
Just translations are being coordinated a little bit, that's all.
Thanks for the concern~