Discussion - Renier and Berthold's Village | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Renier and Berthold's Village

Slate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I failed to understand the location of their village.
They said it's south east of wall maria, to my logic, south east OF wall maria, which is the most outer wall, means their village was outside of the human field.

Am I correct? or their village was inside the human field?

teioh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
We frankly need a japanese speaker and a japanese Edited Manga of the pages where they said it to be 100% sure.
However it seems nearly impossible imo that they reveal so easy that they come from outside the walls... And if possible than why none ask them nothing about it?

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Lol I'm sure they just strolled into your thread expecting an answer as well :P I actually had the same query as you, but dispelled the thought as a translation miss. Because when they tell their 'story' to Eren and Armin at the beginning, I would have expected their 'home' (in the story) to be within the Walls. Because I think it's common knowledge that the last of humanity is within the Walls.

I don't have the volume in its original language yet, but upon checking some threads, it seems what Bertholdt says is something like:
"ウォール・マリア   南東   の     山奥     の     村     出身"

which (sort of) trans-literally means:

"Wall Maria     Deep mountains in the Southeast     Village (in those mountains)     born,"

which more accurately implies:

"Village deep in the mountains in the southeast region of Wall Maria."

If it were "Southeast of Wall Maria" in the sense that it is outside, I would expect the phrase to be ウォール・マリア南東 instead of ウォール・マリア南東.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Last edited: