Discussion - Re-write the Alvarez Arc | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Re-write the Alvarez Arc

Would you change the Alvarez arc?

• Not at all

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Minorly

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Moderately

Votes: 34 19.5%
  • Majorly

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • Completely

Votes: 47 27.0%

• Total voters

OharaLibrarian

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
NIce chapters. Wasted a chance to introduce a drunk dragon or alcohol element though. DRUNK DRAGON FIST! ALCOHOL DRAGON FIST! DRUNK DRAGONS ALCOHOLIC DRAGON ALCOHOLOC *hic* FIST DRAGON!
well, technically that's Bacchus :p Just went with "Palm dragon" because "Drunk dragon" sounded just a bit too silly
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
better than the original ofc though Zeref teaching Acnologia is crap tbh.

I was like

in the original one, Zeref being surprised at human Acnologia was actually good.
Actually, that's something Mashima came up with, it was mentioned in chapter 301 but then forgotten for the rest of the series

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Actually, that's something Mashima came up with, it was mentioned in chapter 301 but then forgotten for the rest of the series
I think that was just a theory made up by that guy (forgot his name).

the most legit sources are from the dragons themselves.

just keep up the good work.

Hiro could learn a thing or two from this.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Dude, I'm honestly just blown away. :super

The Acno fight is one billion times better than the canon Acno fight (which was just a disgrace tbh). I love how everyone got some hits in without demeaning Acno and I especially liked the names of the spells. Also, that panel of August, Irene and Larcade was too fucking hype.

I do have one question though, when everyone launches their attacks at Dragon!Acno, is it August or Jellal who uses Grand Chariot? Not really an important question, just curious. :)

Anyone else think there should be a petition to make this canon? :3c

King of kings

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

The Acno fight is one billion times better than the canon Acno fight (which was just a disgrace tbh). I love how everyone got some hits in without demeaning Acno and I especially liked the names of the spells. Also, that panel of August, Irene and Larcade was too fucking hype.

I do have one question though, when everyone launches their attacks at Dragon!Acno, is it August or Jellal who uses Grand Chariot? Not really an important question, just curious. :)

yessss I want this petition

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
well, technically that's Bacchus :p Just went with "Palm dragon" because "Drunk dragon" sounded just a bit too silly
Of course it's silly. But it's FT so that would be sort of the point lol :p Besides, making alcohol into an actual element is all kinds of awesome.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Great job @OharaLibrarian, this is much better writing than the original last arc of the manga. Well done.

I wish you were right there alongside Mashima when he wrote the final prints of this last arc. Perhaps your writing would've changed his mind.

OharaLibrarian

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail

Thanks man :zomg
For me I was thinking of Jellal when it came to that, but feel free to interpret it any way you want.
And agreed, the August-Irene-Larcade panel is amazing! Might even make that my phone wallpaper.
The Alvarez Rewrite - Chapter 42
The three final chapters! Starting off with a thrilling 50-page finale to Acnologia's fight!
@Takuan
You can check all the available chapters of the rewrite at https://oharalibrarian.imgur.com/ ! Thanks for reading!

King of kings

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks man :zomg
For me I was thinking of Jellal when it came to that, but feel free to interpret it any way you want.
And agreed, the August-Irene-Larcade panel is amazing! Might even make that my phone wallpaper.
The Alvarez Rewrite - Chapter 42
The three final chapters! Starting off with a thrilling 50-page finale to Acnologia's fight!
@Takuan
You can check all the available chapters of the rewrite at https://oharalibrarian.imgur.com/ ! Thanks for reading!
This was the best war manga and all shounen manga :super

OharaLibrarian

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
The Alvarez Rewrite - Chapter 43
The final two!
Next time, the finale! Thank you all for sticking around!
@Takuan
The Alvarez Rewrite - Chapter 44
Here it is. This long fairy tale has finally come to an end:
But don't go anywhere yet! There's a few more things I want to share in the following days, so please stick around. But in terms of chapters, this is it. Thank you all so, so much for all the support, I cannot put my gratitude into words. Thank you :)
@Takuan
You can check all the chapters of the rewrite at https://oharalibrarian.imgur.com/ ! Thanks for all the support on this journey!

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Alvarez Rewrite - Chapter 43
The final two!
Next time, the finale! Thank you all for sticking around!
@Takuan

The Alvarez Rewrite - Chapter 44
Here it is. This long fairy tale has finally come to an end:
But don't go anywhere yet! There's a few more things I want to share in the following days, so please stick around. But in terms of chapters, this is it. Thank you all so, so much for all the support, I cannot put my gratitude into words. Thank you :)
@Takuan
You can check all the chapters of the rewrite at https://oharalibrarian.imgur.com/ ! Thanks for all the support on this journey!
Great writer maybe make ur own manga

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Man, that was incredible! :super

Thank you so much for giving FT the ending it deserved, those last few pages really made me feel nostalgic. Also LMFAO at Jacob's Transporter poster, it was a really nice small tie in.

Can't wait to see what else you have to share!

King of kings

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@OharaLibrarian as FT fan can you make a manga series crossover with FT x Seven Deadly sins ? It's a suggetion because you have skills on writing a manga and you deserve to get more manga work.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
@OharaLibrarian

That was briliant. Thank you so much. I like this ending so much better !!
It felt like FT back then, yes there is cliche stuff, friendship,but just enough, like it used to be and that was cool.

It was amazing of you, and thanks again, I'll remember this as FT true ending :)

King of kings

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would like to see crossover manga with FTx NNT in rewrite
@OharaLibrarian can you make a crossover manga with NNT x Fairy Tail ?

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would like to see crossover manga with FTx NNT in rewrite
@OharaLibrarian can you make a crossover manga with NNT x Fairy Tail ?
Wasn't there a Christmas Omake cross-over? A FMA FT Crossover would be epic.

I think there were too many Spriggans this arc and the pacing needed some work. Overall, it had potential and was better than GMG and Avatar in my opinion but it was far from perfect.

Arcs rated best to worst:
Tartaros
Tenrou
TOH
Gauana or whatever that Island was called
Battle for FT
Starry Skys (I know it was filler but great)
Daybreak
Oracion Seis
Lullaby
Sun Village
Phantom Lord
Edolas
Alvarez
GMG

Schpittfeuer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Wasn't there a Christmas Omake cross-over? A FMA FT Crossover would be epic.

I think there were too many Spriggans this arc and the pacing needed some work. Overall, it had potential and was better than GMG and Avatar in my opinion but it was far from perfect.

Arcs rated best to worst:
Tartaros
Tenrou
TOH
Gauana or whatever that Island was called
Battle for FT
Starry Skys (I know it was filler but great)
Daybreak
Oracion Seis
Lullaby
Sun Village
Phantom Lord
Edolas
Alvarez
GMG

GMG so low?

OharaLibrarian

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
The Alvarez Rewrite - Extra
Hello everyone, sorry to keep you waiting. I mentioned that I'd do a couple final things after the rewrite ended, but unfortunately my computer died, so I hope you can wait just a little longer for that.
So in the meantime, I'd be grateful if you could answer this form about your general impressions (mainly favorite scenes, characters, etc.), since I'd like to know which aspects people liked the most and which could've used some work:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1D3r40ixbibSq48xTzfD4m7Ol9ZCNgvgwQ5f6iWEObRY/viewform
Feel free to share any other general impressions too. Thanks for your patience and I'll see you with my final post in a few days!
@Takuan @MLG Bradman @King of kings @Anti Hero 3:16 @Bishamonten @Laxus pwns natsu @kkck @orgas @rai_darkness @Valhalla777 @Jean Grey
Man, that was incredible! :super

Thank you so much for giving FT the ending it deserved, those last few pages really made me feel nostalgic. Also LMFAO at Jacob's Transporter poster, it was a really nice small tie in.

Can't wait to see what else you have to share!
Thanks man :super
I was tempted to make it Dandy Hard 12, but I couldn't resist on the Transporters pun :derp
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Dude you're very talented. I mean it
Thanks man, I really appreciate it :^_^
--- Double Post Merged, ---
@OharaLibrarian as FT fan can you make a manga series crossover with FT x Seven Deadly sins ? It's a suggetion because you have skills on writing a manga and you deserve to get more manga work.
I'm not really familiar with SDS, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to do that, sorry :/