Voting Round 2 - Raphtalia vs. Kaori Miyazono | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Raphtalia vs. Kaori Miyazono

Who wins?

• Raphtalia

• Kaori Miyazono

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I can't say I am a fan of the other girl in this battle but I feel compeled to point out that rhaptalia's tramp stamp is in the wrong place.

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't Raph like 10? Seriously how is she a waifu material?

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I can't say I am a fan of the other girl in this battle but I feel compeled to point out that rhaptalia's tramp stamp is in the wrong place.
????
Isn't Raph like 10? Seriously how is she a waifu material?
I already answered this last round
Summary, the aging of demi humans is different then of humans so she is mentally and physically 18 years old
If you're still denying that she in fact 10 years old, in LN she in a relationship dating and one of the most mature characters in the group.

Going to do the second part of the campaign tomorrow and it's also more important than the other campaign that introduced her

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Whats the confusion? Tramp stamps are usually on people's lower back but rhaptalia's is on her chest.
Oh that's not a tramp stamps but a slave seal (that is keep there as it give her boost in battles )

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh that's not a tramp stamps but a slave seal (that is keep there as it give her boost in battles )
I've read the manga. tramp stamp I say! And in the wrong place.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

A bit of a side note, just to add on to the post earlier. Will probably be the last thing I post in this round.

During Arima's first official piano performance, Kaori chose an easy piece for him to perform. Mindful of his mental state since he had just come back to piano playing, she didn't want him to play something so hard off the get go:

As noted by Emi and Takeshi, that piece was far too simple. For a genius like Arima, you'd expect him to play a harder piece:

Regardless however, Kaori believed that he would produce a stellar performance:

he ended up getting a panic attack. Because of a recurring issue, where he couldn't really hear the sound of his own playing. I assume this was the anime's version of PTSD? Or just showing that he was tone deaf?

It affected him so badly, to the point where he stopped his performance altogether. Which wasn't the second time this had happened. It had also happened before when he was performing with Kaori.Except at that time it was an exhibition. Currently, it was in a serious contest. Stopping to play meant he was already disqualified:

But after he stops playing, he remembers what she had told him before:

And he resumes his performance:

Only to dedicate his performance to Kao-chan:

And surprise the crowd as well. Not in a good way though :p:

Ultimately, all these events lead up to one of the most beautiful scenes in the show:

I mean, look at even the state of that animation :scryGhibli level animation right there, quite literally on par with these beauties as well:

A damn shame Kaori never won any Oscars for her performances in the series:notlikethis

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Is that post even about kaori? It seems to be about the dude in the piano. I saw your post and I feel like I learned literally nothing about this kaori character.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

She, who lost all hope

He, who lost all trust

Had no future and yet miraculously they meet and cleared each other worries, completing each other and saving each other..

Together they were able to smile again happily and peacefully

And now they be able to face anything in their ways as long as they have each others

Continuation of round 2 campaign

I already talked about how naofumi saved raph with her background but now it's time to talk about raphtalia in turn saving naofumi for without her he could been lost.
When nao meet raphtalia he was broken mentally having all sorts of PTSDs to the point of no longer tasting food and seeing all peoples especially womens untrust worthy, someone who only use you for their own benefits and then throw you away like trash when they finished using you, and that was all because of one girl, the princess malty backed up by the kingdom and her father, that's why he brought raphtalia as slave, someone who won't be able to betray him even when wanting.

But despite being a slave raph was grateful for everything nao did for her and funny that she was even more free being nao slave than being actually free considering how bad the discrimination to demi humans is in the kingdom
She is that nao as someone who gave her all that she lost and more, seeing him saving people form the save waves that took everything form her, and so the famous quote came to be:
"Naofumi-sama..Well, I just want to say...I'm truly grateful I met you. You cured my illness and fed me warm meals. You taught me how to live. And you gave me a reason to fight...a reason to fight the waves. I am your sword! Where you go, I will go with you."

Nao at the time brushed it off, after all she nothing but my slave if tht seal if off she betray me just like that woman did, he thought
And yet when the time came, when the worldtime wanted to take what little left with naofumi, she stayed, confirmed him and said the world he longer for, making him cry for finally finding someone who he could really trust
I recommend you watch this as that moment is important and I don't think I'll be able to do it justice with just words or gifs

And with that nao found his lost trust in raphtalia words and because of her made his world brighter, with his lost taste back and the PTSD slow healing

Raphtalia is someone extremely loyal willing to even wait for hours for naofumi and trust him deeply but that doesn't mean she in with anything nao suggestion considering they sometimes rather.... sadistic.

She also extremely beautiful, being able to look good in anything, even while fighting she gorgeous.

especially in that miko

She is extremely caring and always when you need her the most, even emotionally

Her cooking skills areand waifu lvl yet not nao lvl, nao is like ultimate chef lvl, make anything good out any food
And that's why she is nao right hand even in cooking (she get shy and worried when cooking to the group considering how crushing nao lvl in cooking is, adorable, and yet nao wants her to cook and eat her cooking)

She is extremely adorable in every way

Her smile shine brightly like the sun

And she our hero that realised the wish of all fans

She also secretly a dark soul MC

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shit posted accidentally without finishing writing, guys came back later on, you see some edits

Last edited:

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I just got spoiled dammit :grumble

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Campaign coming later today but for now enjoy this

going to be relevant later on in my campaign so I could prefer you open the translation in the video (or wait for me)
Time for the ending meaning but it's rather self explanatory
it's easier to post a new one than editing especially on my phone

Kimi no namae or your name

In an empty-like sky
What were you looking at?
I did not even understand
The reason I woke up

I was terribly scared
Of “believing”
Because of that
I’ve thrown everything away

It would have been better
If this world that I hate so much
Could just disappear
If I continue to believe
Won’t it hurt me?

It was your voice
That has saved me
And keeps me going
The feeling that you taught me
That's true

I will scream your name
Strongly hold your hand
I will not let go of it anymore
No matter what the future holds
If you’re with me, I won’t run away

When I remember that day I saw the clouds flowing
It reminded me of the promise I can not keep
I started to doubt myself and so I cried
With tears that are long gone

Over and over again
I drown in a nightmare
Always doubting and losing myself
That’s how I am right now

Your song is
What gives my heart a light
And fills up my heart like the dawn

Although it is small
But you have given me, you have given me
A glimpse of hope

That’s why, no matter what the future holds

Wherever I am, no matter how many times
I’ll call your name until I lose my voice
I saw a rainbow before dawn
In a world without lies, so that I can love you more

It was your voice
That has saved me
And keeps me going
The feeling that you taught me
That's true

I will scream your name
Strongly hold your hand
I will not let go of it anymore
No matter what the future holds
Form the lyrics you know that this is raphtalia thoughts and feelings to nao.
It's shown how much nao affected raphtalia life and how much she holds him dear because of it, after all at first she lost all hope in everything and everyone before meeting nao, she believed she could die and yet she lived because of him.
He helped her get over her PTSD, he taught her so much and one of those feelings unknowingly to him were love, and so she wanted to return that love million times more.
The promise she couldn't keep was the one to her parents to protect the village, the promise to the village to rebuild their home and the promise to rifana of seeing the flag again before she died....those haunts her everyday.
But nao saved her and gave her hope, hope of surviving, hope of rebuilding the village and hope of protecting everyone dear.
And that's why she never let go of nao or leave his side, she keep loving him more and more till he realize it
I really love the fact that she repeat his name again and again till her feeling reach him and even after, show you how dedicated she is to him and how much she loves him

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
That song is too beautiful. Its very heartwarming how Naofumi is like the sun for her and then she's the ray of light and hope for him, always keeping him into the right path. They need each other so much :blush

Status
Not open for further replies.