Discussion - Ranking the Pillars | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Ranking the Pillars

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
So question for this panel... If misuki defeats upper moon 4 by herself, does she move up or stay where she is? It's pretty clear that this upper moon is the one that hiding muzan location and if she defeats her then the rest of the crew could be able to get to muzan without any problems now.
Idk, I was ranking Kanroji at the bottom of the top 3/top 5. After more consideration, and a bit of bias, she really doesn't think things through and Jumps into a fight..But I just love her sword style and her physical ability, despite lack of battle IQ she's strong
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Re-reading UP#6 fight. Ch.89 Hes hit with Wisteris poisoned laced Kunai. The Kunai paralyzed him & stopped his regeneration for like 2 panels..basically less than 5seconds
The poison has paralyzed lower demons for 1/2 a day and sealed the movements of some LM.....

I doubt Kanou's poison would kill an UM...I think it would effect them longer, making her a great aid in pillar duo fight. But by herself, I dint think she can take out an UM w/o sacrificing herself......UM have been unswitched for 100yrs. It's not her fault.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I feel Giyu is being underestimated. Giyu imo is already on par with Kyojuro. Marked Giyu > Kyojuro. Recall Akaza spent majority of the fight against Kyojuro trying to convince him to become a demon and sometimes aiming for Tanjiro. Rengoku's most impressive feat was holding Akaza's arm in place. Even his clean hits on Akaza were injuries rather than severing limbs.

Giyu repeatedly severed Akaza's arms, and easily too even considering Akaza always reacts to hits even when he isn't expecting. The mere fact Giyu could do this without being in the see-through world is too impressive. We didn't even have Akaza trying to recruit or holding back in the fight (until the end). And we know Akaza was also forced to adjust repeatedly to match Giyu (especially when he got marked). Kyoujuro is definitely awesome, but he and Giyu are in the same tier imo and Marked Giyu is naturally more powerful

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, Kyojurou had good feats but it's been a while and the others got stronger, Akaza probably got stronger as well.

Himejima and Sanemi are clearly at the top. After him, Muichirou(who would have probably become the strongest with more time) and Giyuu. Maybe Muichirou surpassed Sanemi before dying actually. The latter doesn't have the See-Through World skill.

After this it's probably more of a matchup thing. And there is still Iguro who lacks feats.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Himejima and Sanemi are clearly at the top. After him, Muichirou(who would have probably become the strongest with more time) and Giyuu. Maybe Muichirou surpassed Sanemi before dying actually. The latter doesn't have the See-Through World skill.
Ah I don't know how that adds up , but sanemi achieved red sword along tokitou and himejima, is it =/= see through ? maybe but I don't know what it signifies

Tokitou would'v grown strong...

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I feel Giyu is being underestimated. Giyu imo is already on par with Kyojuro. Marked Giyu > Kyojuro. Recall Akaza spent majority of the fight against Kyojuro trying to convince him to become a demon and sometimes aiming for Tanjiro. Rengoku's most impressive feat was holding Akaza's arm in place. Even his clean hits on Akaza were injuries rather than severing limbs.
I don't think he's being underestimated that much. Idk if Marked Giyu > Kyoujuro. I was about to agree with you, however Giyu wasn't fighting Akaza alone, a pillar lv Tanjiro did most of the damage and won the fight.

Those 2 times he severed Akaza's limbs were not clean hits.Tanjirou was dodging a attack distracting Akaza. Unmarked he was removed from the battlefield, trying to block an attack.

Giyu repeatedly severed Akaza's arms, and easily too even considering Akaza anyways reacts to hits even when he isn't expecting. The mere fact Giyu could do this without being in the see-through world is too impressive. We didn't even have Akaza trying to recruit or holding back in the fight (until the end). And we know Akaza was also forced to adjust repeatedly to match Giyu (especially when he got marked). Kyoujuro is definitely awesome, but he and Giyu are in the same tier imo and Marked Giyu is naturally more powerful
Check out the chp. Again my friend.
When Giyu came back Marked he was holding his own for some time but he was still exchanging blows with Akaza. All the while Tanjiro also jumped in unsuccessfully to attack Akaza, then say back to figure him out. Akaza figured our Marked Giyu's rhythm and all his attacks were shallow, Akaza goes for the finisher to be stopped by Tanjiro, and shortly defeated afterwards.

Yeah, Kyojurou had good feats but it's been a while and the others got stronger, Akaza probably got stronger as well.

After this it's probably more of a matchup thing. And there is still Iguro who lacks feats.
Kyoujuro feats overall as a Pillar has great feats. He faced off against #3 after a brief scuffle with a LM. He fought alone and was eventually overwhelmed, & almost managed to pull a draw in the end.

A few months to half a year almost I believe have passed since Kyojuro died. We cant say by how much the pillars got stronger since then. Maybe ppl like Muichiro & Kanroji..& We know a few have gained Mark's..Still yet he doesn't rank amongst the weakest giving how deadly Akaza was.

Here's what I've realized after re reading every Pillar fight like twice..UM kill Pillars all the time. W/O some type of reliable support they will basically lose. & The UM#s are messed up....#5 was trash compared to #6 & his sister. Yet Muichiro solo'd after getting poisoned, he had the upper hand whole 2nd half of the fight, but #1 owned him, causing server bloodloss...#4 was weak also, Genya decapitated a emotion, Tanjirou beheaded 3 of them at once. He also received hell of punishment compared to Kanroji who took 1 attack.

Top #2 Pillars aside, I think they could take out UM#4-6 Solo...Muichiro is some kind of chosen one. But he's too young, there's a limit to his endurance.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't think he's being underestimated that much. Idk if Marked Giyu > Kyoujuro. I was about to agree with you, however Giyu wasn't fighting Akaza alone, a pillar lv Tanjiro did most of the damage and won the fight.

Those 2 times he severed Akaza's limbs were not clean hits.Tanjirou was dodging a attack distracting Akaza. Unmarked he was removed from the battlefield, trying to block an attack.

Check out the chp. Again my friend.
When Giyu came back Marked he was holding his own for some time but he was still exchanging blows with Akaza. All the while Tanjiro also jumped in unsuccessfully to attack Akaza, then say back to figure him out. Akaza figured our Marked Giyu's rhythm and all his attacks were shallow, Akaza goes for the finisher to be stopped by Tanjiro, and shortly defeated afterwards.

Kyoujuro feats overall as a Pillar has great feats. He faced off against #3 after a brief scuffle with a LM. He fought alone and was eventually overwhelmed, & almost managed to pull a draw in the end.

A few months to half a year almost I believe have passed since Kyojuro died. We cant say by how much the pillars got stronger since then. Maybe ppl like Muichiro & Kanroji..& We know a few have gained Mark's..Still yet he doesn't rank amongst the weakest giving how deadly Akaza was.

Here's what I've realized after re reading every Pillar fight like twice..UM kill Pillars all the time. W/O some type of reliable support they will basically lose. & The UM#s are messed up....#5 was trash compared to #6 & his sister. Yet Muichiro solo'd after getting poisoned, he had the upper hand whole 2nd half of the fight, but #1 owned him, causing server bloodloss...#4 was weak also, Genya decapitated a emotion, Tanjirou beheaded 3 of them at once. He also received hell of punishment compared to Kanroji who took 1 attack.

Top #2 Pillars aside, I think they could take out UM#4-6 Solo...Muichiro is some kind of chosen one. But he's too young, there's a limit to his endurance.
Yes you have a point that pillar level Tanjiro was there, but we also have Akaza Dodge pillar level Tanjiro when he tried to sneak attack. That's why I said its really impressive Giyu did that nonetheless. Marked Giyu was exchanging blows with Akaza, but both Giyu and Tanjiro remarked that Akaza was adjusting mid battle to match.

Kyojuro definitely did great but I'm saying, Akaza for the most part of their skirmish was trying to recruit him. He gave him a lot of seemingly fatal injuries not long after. And the near draw Kyojuro almost pulled is something you'd attribute to physical strength and his drive not necessarily skill.

I disagree about Pillar level Tanjiro doing most of the damage. Tanjiro gave minor or half cuts (much like Kyojuro's first when he saved Tanjiro). Tanjiro really kicked in for the first time when Akaza finally overwhelmed Marked Giyu and was about to impale him. Before then, I would argue that Tanjiro was just being impressive by simply not dying and landing some hits

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Yes you have a point that pillar level Tanjiro was there, but we also have Akaza Dodge pillar level Tanjiro when he tried to sneak attack. That's why I said its really impressive Giyu did that nonetheless. Marked Giyu was exchanging blows with Akaza, but both Giyu and Tanjiro remarked that Akaza was adjusting mid battle to match.

Kyojuro definitely did great but I'm saying, Akaza for the most part of their skirmish was trying to recruit him. He gave him a lot of seemingly fatal injuries not long after. And the near draw Kyojuro almost pulled is something you'd attribute to physical strength and his drive not necessarily skill.

I disagree about Pillar level Tanjiro doing most of the damage. Tanjiro gave minor or half cuts (much like Kyojuro's first when he saved Tanjiro). Tanjiro really kicked in for the first time when Akaza finally overwhelmed Marked Giyu and was about to impale him. Before then, I would argue that Tanjiro was just being impressive by simply not dying and landing some hits
I wanna include Kanjiro now In this list.
He was more than impressive. When Akaza Appeared he dodged once to cut off his off arm, then again n cut his face..Giyu got sent flying shortly after..Tanjiro survived with a few blocks and knicked Akaza's neck. He barely dodges and Giyu came in for strike Marked. After that Tanjiro is trying to help Giyu but Akaza is strong, Akaza tries to finish Giyu & Tanjiro pulls the win.....

I still think Shinobu and Tengen are the weakest.

i4den

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
If I were to rank them in tiers, it would look like this:

Upper Hashira: Gyomei
Mid High Hashira: Sanemi, Giyu, Kyojuro, Mitsuri
Mid Low Hashira: Muichiro, Tengen
Lower Hashira: Shinobu

Gyomei:
Speed 4, Agility 3, Stamina 5, Strength 5, Intelligence 4, Range 5.
= 26/30

Tengen:
Speed 4, Agility 4.5, Stamina 3, Strength 4, Intelligence 4, Range 4.
= 23.5

Sanemi:
Speed 4, Agility 4.5, Stamina 5, Strength 4.5, Intelligence 3, Range 4.5.
= 25.5

Giyu:
Speed 4, Agility 4, Stamina 4, Strength 4, Intelligence 4.5, Range 4.
= 24.5

Kyojuro:
Speed 4, Agility 3.5, Stamina 4.5, Strength 4.5, Intelligence 4, Range 4.
= 24.5

Mitsuri:
Speed 4, Agility 5, Stamina 4, Strength 5, Intelligence 2, Range 4.5.
= 24.5

Shinobu:
Speed 5, Agility 5, Stamina 2.5, Strength 2, Intelligence 4, Range 2.5.
= 21

Muichiro:
Speed 4, Agility 4, Stamina 3.5, Strength 2.5, Intelligence 4, Range 4.
= 22

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If I were to rank them in tiers, it would look like this:

Upper Hashira: Gyomei
Mid High Hashira: Sanemi, Giyu, Kyojuro, Mitsuri
Mid Low Hashira: Muichiro, Tengen
Lower Hashira: Shinobu

Gyomei:
Speed 4, Agility 3, Stamina 5, Strength 5, Intelligence 4, Range 5.
= 26/30

Tengen:
Speed 4, Agility 4.5, Stamina 3, Strength 4, Intelligence 4, Range 4.
= 23.5

Sanemi:
Speed 4, Agility 4.5, Stamina 5, Strength 4.5, Intelligence 3, Range 4.5.
= 25.5

Giyu:
Speed 4, Agility 4, Stamina 4, Strength 4, Intelligence 4.5, Range 4.
= 24.5

Kyojuro:
Speed 4, Agility 3.5, Stamina 4.5, Strength 4.5, Intelligence 4, Range 4.
= 24.5

Mitsuri:
Speed 4, Agility 5, Stamina 4, Strength 5, Intelligence 2, Range 4.5.
= 24.5

Shinobu:
Speed 5, Agility 5, Stamina 2.5, Strength 2, Intelligence 4, Range 2.5.
= 21

Muichiro:
Speed 4, Agility 4, Stamina 3.5, Strength 2.5, Intelligence 4, Range 4.
= 22
I love stats lists, however, Complaints:

Tengen > mitsuri atleast , if strength = muscle mass = arm wrestling ranking

Tangen is also the smartest if you consider what goes into his score, and stamina he survived injuries that killed tokitou (tokitou mentioned when he freed himself from the pole he'll be dead in few hours)

Tokitou can't be this low in strength, he obliterated a demon without weapon at 11

We agree that giyuu is jinxed

Otherwise I can't think of concrete points, mine has a lot of hunch with strong conviction

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Those stats are just about how I think we can determine how the Pillars compare.

Think we could discard Range though. Speed and Agility could also be combined probably.

Akaza was trying to recruit Giyu as well. He complimented his strength and was trying to get his name from him. He didn't ask him to join a lot like he did Rengoku, but he did want him to join.

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
In my case, Idk if the classes are fate, Naruto based or any other game, but in my head Agility is equated to adapibility/reflexes..? I don't remember why I choose it ,but I imagine it as the saving grace to those thinking with their body type people

Once the series wrap up we should add luck

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think agility is related to movement in general? How effectively you use your physical abilities when you are moving and how it affects your fighting style, how "acrobatic" it is. If that's it I'd put Tengen, Shinobu and Mitsuri at the top there.

For example, between Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke. I'd say that Inosuke is easily the most agile.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Himejima is easily the strongest, followed by Sanemi and Muichiro. The latter is not necessarily strong, but with Anatta, assuming he gets the same boost as Tanjirou, he's definitely top 3.
In my eyes, Rengoku was about Sanemi level, with Giyuu being just a bit below.
Tengen should be around Giyuu's level, with more strength and stamina, but perhaps less speed and agility. I'd put Mitsuri at this level, too.
Shinobu is a bit harder to compare considering her fighting style is unique, but overall, I'd say that with the exception of Himejima, Muichiro (both with See-Through), Sanemi, and Rengoku, all the others are around the same ballpark.

Ger

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
For people thinking giyu is equal to sanemi or greater, I will gladly debate u guys on it if someone is up for it.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Himejima is easily the strongest, followed by Sanemi and Muichiro. The latter is not necessarily strong, but with Anatta, assuming he gets the same boost as Tanjirou, he's definitely top 3.
In my eyes, Rengoku was about Sanemi level, with Giyuu being just a bit below.
Tengen should be around Giyuu's level, with more strength and stamina, but perhaps less speed and agility. I'd put Mitsuri at this level, too.
Shinobu is a bit harder to compare considering her fighting style is unique, but overall, I'd say that with the exception of Himejima, Muichiro (both with See-Through), Sanemi, and Rengoku, all the others are around the same ballpark.
You've opened my eyes to Muichiro true power, that & some chapter reviews. Tokito was special. Red sword, STW. & mark. That's more abilities than most pillars, he also solo'd a UM.

Rengoku simply preformed better solo than Giyu & was stated to be close to the STW..Review chapter, trust its there..Giyu

Top 3
Himejima
Sanemi
Muichiro

Mid 3
Rengoku
Giyu
Tengen

Lower 3
Mitsuri
Obanai
Kanao

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You've opened my eyes to Muichiro true power, that & some chapter reviews. Tokito was special. Red sword, STW. & mark. That's more abilities than most pillars, he also solo'd a UM.

Rengoku simply preformed better solo than Giyu & was stated to be close to the STW..Review chapter, trust its there..Giyu

Top 3
Himejima
Sanemi
Muichiro

Mid 3
Rengoku
Giyu
Tengen

Lower 3
Mitsuri
Obanai
Kanao
Tokito did activate his demon slayer mark to defeat UM5. It makes sense to think a pillar with a mark is stronger than one without one at least. Tengen retired before he could get to that point. Tokito is without a doubt the most talented pillar but I would still rank him lower than the other marked pillars. Based on what we have seen at least UM6 and AM5 seem soloable for pillars with a mark, even if there is some difficulty there. Four and upwards require multiple pillars with marks....

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Obanai has finally showed us what he's capable of and he had to preform against the final villain Muzan.

Also as of the latest chapter, seems like we've seen all of what there is to see of the Pillars.

I'm interested on how the Muzan fight vs Pillars will shape your options and list. I won't list them yet, but I'll leave my opinion in a few things.

Shinobu physically cannot cut a demons head off; Doesnt have Demon Mark, RB, or STW. Weakest Pillar

Tengen no demon mark, red blade or see through world still yet he defeated Lowest UM with assistance from the trio gang and Nezuko. Which resulted in a lost lmb and eye, death was certain without assitance. Obanai shunned him for his retirement & injuries. He also acknowledges Gyomei & Tokito's superior talent....

Mitsuri strongest female demon slayer in the series. Has a demon mark, unique durable physique. She was able to solo UM4 strongest clone with little injury. However her she lacks confidence/resolve when pressured with adversity, not much of a strategist and was the 1st pillar to fall against Muzan she needed help twice.

Giyu has demon mark and fought against UM3. He however while marked and had assitance didnt preform better than Rengoku who isn't marked against same UM. Giyu also was the 2nd pillar to start lacking behind by losing his blade and needed assitance from other Pillars against Muzan. Has no see through world, achieved Red sword because of Sanemi's recent experience.

Rengoku 1 vs 1, protecting Tanjiro & co with no demon mark, did a much better than Giyu against UM3. UM3 said he was at his upper limits and close to the STW, his death and lost was shocking to all the Pillars. He was respected as one of the strongest.

Tokito descendant of The Sun user, as mention by the narration is capable of unbelievable feats especially for his age. He owned UM5 solo when marked. & Against UM1 he lost, and was badly injured. He Sacraficed himself and attained see through world and the red blade in order to deal one of the finishing blows against UM1.

Gyomei is #1 is self explanatory by his feats and his activating see through world, and Red blade without stamina loss, and his evasion and defense against the strongest demons.

Sanemi has demon mark, and is very tenacious & has some experienced sword play and movement. He survived and help assit killing UM1. Achieving the red sword wasn't lost in him he clashed blades with Giyu quickly to attain it. Also has done well to keep up with Muzan.

Obanai the dark horse everyone slept on. Is very intelligent, adept and has keen senses. Noticed Muzan's instant regeneration when he attacked, able to keep ahead of Muzan's vortexs and attack, started kicking off muzan's tentacles lol, achieved Red blade the most natural way immense grip strength & see through world when told to focuse by Gyomei.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I disagree he isn t stronger than Sanemi here look my reason

Sanemi would be second strongest pillar not counting Tanjiro I think It kinda shown in the fight against Muzan unless Iguro can use all see through. He held his own pretty well and never got kill that whole time despite being grieviously injure from his battle against koku. Iguro nearly got kill by Muzan only to be save kanao,zen and Inosuke and Giyu nearly got kill by Muzan got save by Iguro and Himejima. Sanemi never got in that situation despite his injuries

Himejima and Sanemi never come close to being kill that whole time.

Also remember Giyu and Sanemi are in bad shape even before fight. That makes them more impressive. While Iguro was more fresh and not injure along with Kanroji

Sanemi organs were spill out before he close it and Giyu have severe wounds. They both fight top three moons to the death. Iguro didn t receive any injury against Nakime.

I think my list would been like this for Top pillars.

1. Himejima

2. Sanemi

3. Iguro/Giyu(opinion varies)

You guys seems to be forget Iguro is not battle worn unlike all pillars,Tanjiro,Zen,Inosuke and Kanao except for Kanroji who isn t battle worn.

Obanai fought much weaker Muzan Alonside Tanjiro

Obanai was very useful against Muzan when pillars was all active landing blows on him. But he nearly got kill in process as well it werent rescue by his comrades

Muzan try to kill everyone equally yet Himejima and Sanemi were only one who wasn t rescue by anyone at that fight.

If you are gonna say Tanjiro got beaten by Muzan quickly first time. Was because Tanjiro was so battle worn and suffer big injury. He didn t even use water style,Dotg style and all see through then he got poison.
I accept your reasoning. Sanemi was ranked #2 by Kokushibu so its gonna be difficult to gather a consensus that Iguro actually may be stronger or preformed better.

To address your 1st paragraph, it seeme you forgot Iguro did unlock STW when promopyed by Himejima to focus and look. That's an crucial game changing ability that Sanemi doesnt have compared to Himejima/Muichiro/Tanjiro & Iguro.

All of the Pillars recieved damage from Muzan when he was attacking, via as to why all of them were poisoned. Also Iguro,Kanroji & Giyuy recieved wounds from Muzan 1st before Himejima & Sanemi appeared. & Muzan again later damages all of the Pillars.

Yes Kanroji, Tanjiro, Giyuu & Iguro all recieved help from getting killed. Iguro's situation was a bit different. He was over vaulting in his abilities not aware of what it means to activate the Red Sword by grip strength alone, as to why he ran out of breathe while dodging.

Let's out Giyu aside in this conversation. I don't rate him higher than Rengoku or Muichiro. & Hell yes Iguro is stronger than him.

But I Reviewed the whole fight. They all preform around the same. With 2 MVP's Iguro & Himejime.....Iguro gets the most strikes in on Muzan and has a lot of screen time as he's trying to support everybody and has his continued feats with Tanjiro..Gyomei also landed heavy blows.

Sanemi after being healed barely dodges Muzan suction attack, and lands a blow while being invisible. He doesnt land as many hits as Iguro does, even before his ree blade when he was kicking Muzans limbs off.

The differences towards the end of the series between the Pillars are very slim.

Gyomei is #1 no reason to believe or think otherwise.

However imo Iguro is in a close #2 having access to all the Semins Slayers boost.

#3 Sanemi because of tenacity & experience. He's also very capable swordsmanship.

#4 Muichiro. Imo he could probably be tiedwith Sanemi because he's a prodigy and unlocked STW & Red blade on death's door

#5 Giyu doesnt deserve this spot over Rengoku. His performance is average against Muzan. When measured against the same similar opponent Akaza. Rengoku simply had better showings while unmarked. & he has an ambiguous feat of STS teaching Tanjiro to heal through breathe control.

Giyu is #6
Kanroji #7
Tengen #8
Shinobu #9

& to make it interesting I'll rank Tanjiro at FP somewhere close to Gyomei but above Iguro. His Breathe of Sun is what makes the biggest differences between him and the Pillars, aside from them having more consistent feats.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
We're forgetting that Sanemi had a near-fatal experience against Kokushibou, so it is not fair to compare his (or Himejima's) performance to that of Iguro's.
Iguro started out fresh, while Sanemi had his abdomen slashed open, his fingers cut, and received additional blows.

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I accept your reasoning. Sanemi was ranked #2 by Kokushibu so its gonna be difficult to gather a consensus that Iguro actually may be stronger or preformed better.

To address your 1st paragraph, it seeme you forgot Iguro did unlock STW when promopyed by Himejima to focus and look. That's an crucial game changing ability that Sanemi doesnt have compared to Himejima/Muichiro/Tanjiro & Iguro.

All of the Pillars recieved damage from Muzan when he was attacking, via as to why all of them were poisoned. Also Iguro,Kanroji & Giyuy recieved wounds from Muzan 1st before Himejima & Sanemi appeared. & Muzan again later damages all of the Pillars.

Yes Kanroji, Tanjiro, Giyuu & Iguro all recieved help from getting killed. Iguro's situation was a bit different. He was over vaulting in his abilities not aware of what it means to activate the Red Sword by grip strength alone, as to why he ran out of breathe while dodging.

Let's out Giyu aside in this conversation. I don't rate him higher than Rengoku or Muichiro. & Hell yes Iguro is stronger than him.

But I Reviewed the whole fight. They all preform around the same. With 2 MVP's Iguro & Himejime.....Iguro gets the most strikes in on Muzan and has a lot of screen time as he's trying to support everybody and has his continued feats with Tanjiro..Gyomei also landed heavy blows.

Sanemi after being healed barely dodges Muzan suction attack, and lands a blow while being invisible. He doesnt land as many hits as Iguro does, even before his ree blade when he was kicking Muzans limbs off.

The differences towards the end of the series between the Pillars are very slim.

Gyomei is #1 no reason to believe or think otherwise.

However imo Iguro is in a close #2 having access to all the Semins Slayers boost.

#3 Sanemi because of tenacity & experience. He's also very capable swordsmanship.

#4 Muichiro. Imo he could probably be tiedwith Sanemi because he's a prodigy and unlocked STW & Red blade on death's door

#5 Giyu doesnt deserve this spot over Rengoku. His performance is average against Muzan. When measured against the same similar opponent Akaza. Rengoku simply had better showings while unmarked. & he has an ambiguous feat of STS teaching Tanjiro to heal through breathe control.

Giyu is #6
Kanroji #7
Tengen #8
Shinobu #9

& to make it interesting I'll rank Tanjiro at FP somewhere close to Gyomei but above Iguro. His Breathe of Sun is what makes the biggest differences between him and the Pillars, aside from them having more consistent feats.

None of your arguments say Obanai is better. Obanao in no way can use all see through willingly not even Himejima can

As For Obanai getting nearly kil thats price over using his ability. Sanemi,Giyu and Himejima use red blade they didn t suffer such effect.

Obanai lands blow thats impressive but this isn t not feats to prove feats he is better. He lands blows more than Himejima does that mean he is better. Of course not.

Keep in mind Himejima,Giyu and Sanemi suffer worst injury compare to everyone obanai is not injure and far more fresh. Reason he last longed and better performance.

You overexaggerated Obanai just because he land blows on Muzan with a lot help but wasn t effective and fought even weaker Muzan with Tanjiro. This is in no way make him strongers.

People are overexaggerating his strength far too much.

You underestimate Giyu far too much. Rengoku didn t have better showing. Akaza didn t use any of killing intent sensing and any of his most powerful destructive style against him. He only Use one attack and stab Rengoku. He underestimate Rengoku strength. But He didn t against Tanjiro and Giyu.

Read chapter Rengoku vs Akaza and Giyu vs Akaza fight last about same page. Akaza never use killing intent detection against Rengoku but he did against Tanjiro and Giyu.

Keep in mind Akaza was way too busy trying to convince Rengoku in becoming demon than actually killing him Thus he was holding back. Against Tanjiro and Giyu he aim for the kill instantly.

Nope I disagree at this point Mark Giyu is above Rengoku As far as we seen.

Obanai is no way better than Muichiro if he still alive. We are talking about both in their base form.

What Gallon say about Sanemi above is correct.

People are ignoring the fact Giyu,Sanemi and Himejima fought Upper moon 1 and 3. Which by no means an easy task and suffer major injuries.

Last edited: