Round of 16 - One Piece Tournament 2015 - Jinbe vs Cavendish | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 One Piece Tournament 2015 - Jinbe vs Cavendish

Select which fighter advances.

• Jinbe

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Cavendish

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphin

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:

• Bo16 onwards battles are 1 vs 1.
  • During Bo16, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the "unvote" function at the top right of the vote box and try again.

Jinbe
Cavendish

Discussion will end on: October 21
Voting will end on: October 22

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So... here it will come down if Jinbei can tank Hakubas Attacks. Can someone show me a proof of Jinbei having Observationhaki? Otherwise it would be difficult for him.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It's getting tougher to choose the winner as the tournament goes forward with less fighters. :teehee

In this group, we have two very formidable fighters and I can't decide who will win. I'll have to think it through before making the choice.

Jinbe is a very strong fishman and being a fishman itself has already given him the advantage over humans. One who is strong physically on land and in water, while humans can be in many ways being strong, when it comes to underwater, many can't survive long there.

In terms of brute strength, I believe Jinbe has the upper hand. I'm not sure if he has Cavendish or rather, Hakuba's insane speed.

In Dressrosa, we had seen how fast Hakuba was in the colosseum fight and Rebecca was the only one left standing. It happened so fast that everyone was shocked and puzzled. I wonder how is Jinbe going to overcome Hakuba's speed.

Though having said that, if Cavendish doesn't transform to Hakuba, he probably may have a tough time fighting Jinbe.

What are your opinion?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I also think Hakuba is Cavendish's best bet of going against Jinbe. I will say, I think Jinbe is capable of standing up to more than one of Hakuba's slashes, which, aside from Rebecca, no one has been capable of doing, but I highly doubt he'd have it easy. I'm not really sure, honestly, but I'm leaning towards Jinbe.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Not even seeing how Hakuba or cavendish wins this. Jinbei battled Ace for 5 days to a stalemate so his durability and endurance is far beyond that of Cavendish. Also at marineford, he survived blows from Akainu's magma which is quite impressive. He's held back a gear 2 Luffy before so he's no slouch there and he's incredibly powerful. Considering Hakuba's speed, it probably wouldn't be an easy match for Jinbei but he can take Hakuba's hits and has enough to defeat him.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Always this Ace vs. Jinbeiargument with the 5days, if that proves anything then that they couldnt do in 5 days what others do in 1 hour. One fist of Akainu was more powerful then a 5 days onslaught of Jinbei?

Going with Cavendish, so we dont have to include such crazyness anymore. :/

Syphin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Jinbe may not have an ultimate mass death move like the other Shichibukai/former Shichibukai, but he is still incredibly powerful. Jinbe will most likely be able to both perceive and tank Hakuba's attacks, so I can't see him not winning.

Cavendish just hasn't shown enough for me to conclude that he can defeat someone of Luffy, Zoro and Law's level (sorry Sanji).

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Always this Ace vs. Jinbeiargument with the 5days, if that proves anything then that they couldnt do in 5 days what others do in 1 hour. One fist of Akainu was more powerful then a 5 days onslaught of Jinbei?

Going with Cavendish, so we dont have to include such crazyness anymore. :/
Because it's a big deal. How many people can fight against an equally powerful opponent for hour much less for days? Akainu and Aokiji fought for 10 days but WB also did a number on Akainu in a short period so that point doesn't hold. Also, the situation is very different when it's a one on one fight.
As for the fist of Akainu, first that's not even a fair point. Ace hadn't gotten a break from his fight against BB and his crew. He wasn't made any more comfortable in Impel Down. He was both exhausted and wounded even by the time he finally got free. Shorty after being freed he had to briefly take on Aokiji and ultimately, he was taken out by Akainu because alongside being weakened at the time, he misjudged Akainu's powers. It was a bad matchup for him.
Lastly, it's rather pointless to compare Akainu to Jinbei seeing as Akainu is clearly superior. Ace ultimately lost to BB and his initial crew but BB and his crew + level 6 ID escapees didn't fancy their chances against Akainu alone. That's goes to show how powerful Akainu is. Btw, Cavendish is far from that level so it doesn't matter. Jinbei may or may not be as powerful as DD but we've saw how much it took for the latter to be defeated.

MBVC

Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
Cavendish survived 3 years in NW without taking any serious damage on his body is no joke. On the other hand, Jinbei knows CoO, I guess if Luffy saw through Hakuba's movements then Jinbei could do the same.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see some people are unsatisfied by the some what vague parameters of Jimbei fighting equally against Ace for 5 days, and I admit that personally I don't put much stock into that example since Ace showed very little to put him on an equal level with Jimbei. But how about something more impressive than the thing Shanks did that people still won't stop talking about how impressive it was:

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/5
Jimbei blocked a punch that put a hole in Ace, gave Luffy his biggest wound to date, and took off half of Whitebeard's face, with just his bare/fish hands! Something even a Yonko needed a sword to do. :p

Not only does this show incredible durability and endurance, but it also shows incredible speed as well look how close Akainu was to Ace after his first punch/before his second http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/2 http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/4 Akainu was pretty much on top of Ace but Jimbei was fast enough to move in between Ace and Akainu in the time it took Akainu's hand to move 2-3 feet.

In fact, I think it's also worth mentioning that even though this attack (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/578/9) went through Jimbei's body, he was still in far better condition than Luffy, who was seriously injured even though he only received the aftermath of the actual attack.

And let's not forget the fact that all of this was after being locked up in Impel Down, which is what Ace fans always bring up in order to excuse his pretty underwhelming performance in the Marineford battle shortly before being killed.:p Not only did Jimbei fight his way out of Impel Down ( instead of taking a leisurely elevator ride) , steal a ship from Marines and help fight several other ships on his way to Marineford (instead of taking a leisurely boat ride) , but he also took part in the actual battle at Marineford for a long while ( instead of having a leisurely sit on a platform) , so logically speaking Jimbei should have been way more worn out in comparison to Ace. Who knows how much stronger and more impressive Jimbei could have been if he was 'rested' at the start of the battle :p

I just can't see Cavendish being able to do a large enough amount of damage to Jimbei to actually take him out. If Jimbei can block magma with his hands he should have no problem with a sword being swung by a small fry like Cavendish.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I cant Like your post more then once. :(

And let's not forget the fact that all of this was after being locked up in Impel Down, which is what Ace fans always bring up in order to excuse his pretty underwhelming performance in the Marineford battle shortly before being killed.
Made my day.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I would have loved to see a Cavendish/Hakuba vs Zoro fight. But Jinbei has shown that he's pretty strong during the war so my vote went for him.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I see some people are unsatisfied by the some what vague parameters of Jimbei fighting equally against Ace for 5 days, and I admit that personally I don't put much stock into that example since Ace showed very little to put him on an equal level with Jimbei. But how about something more impressive than the thing Shanks did that people still won't stop talking about how impressive it was:

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/5
Jimbei blocked a punch that put a hole in Ace, gave Luffy his biggest wound to date, and took off half of Whitebeard's face, with just his bare/fish hands! Something even a Yonko needed a sword to do. :p

Not only does this show incredible durability and endurance, but it also shows incredible speed as well look how close Akainu was to Ace after his first punch/before his second http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/2 http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/4 Akainu was pretty much on top of Ace but Jimbei was fast enough to move in between Ace and Akainu in the time it took Akainu's hand to move 2-3 feet.

In fact, I think it's also worth mentioning that even though this attack (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/578/9) went through Jimbei's body, he was still in far better condition than Luffy, who was seriously injured even though he only received the aftermath of the actual attack.

And let's not forget the fact that all of this was after being locked up in Impel Down, which is what Ace fans always bring up in order to excuse his pretty underwhelming performance in the Marineford battle shortly before being killed.:p Not only did Jimbei fight his way out of Impel Down ( instead of taking a leisurely elevator ride) , steal a ship from Marines and help fight several other ships on his way to Marineford (instead of taking a leisurely boat ride) , but he also took part in the actual battle at Marineford for a long while ( instead of having a leisurely sit on a platform) , so logically speaking Jimbei should have been way more worn out in comparison to Ace. Who knows how much stronger and more impressive Jimbei could have been if he was 'rested' at the start of the battle :p

I just can't see Cavendish being able to do a large enough amount of damage to Jimbei to actually take him out. If Jimbei can block magma with his hands he should have no problem with a sword being swung by a small fry like Cavendish.
Well the manga specifically stated that the Ace and Jinbei fight lasted for 5 days and was a stalemate. It's ok to believe otherwise but the fact is that they were equals. Of course that might have changed over the years since the battle happened a while back but I don't think so. Ace is not as much of a tank as Jinbei or perhaps not have as high tolerance for pain but it doesn't mean he can't hold his own. The problem was that he tried to take Akainu's attacks head on and he got burned since Akainu had a superior fire DF just as Jinbei got burned for clashing with Akainu. Second, you forget that Ace actually jumped in to save Luffy and that was how Akainu managed to put a hole in him. Also. Akainu's punch also went through WB and Jinbei so not sure why Ace is being singled out.
Last point is, Ace was in a worse condition than Jinbei and had been in ID longer since it was his capture that triggered everything. Ace had battled BB and his crew prior to that and when Jinbei fought out ID, he literally had an army alongside him. It was hardly a solo effort. Ace was freed, took out some guys and then exchanged blows with Aokiji, after that, he met with Akainu and the latter attempted to kill Luffy in the process forcing Ace to sacrifice himself. Plus you have to consider that Akainu was in motion so there must have been greater force behind his punch when he tried to attack Luffy and yet Ace managed to step in and stop the punch from actually reaching Luffy and it was his heart area that got affected.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Jinbe overwhelms Cavendish and advances to the quarter finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.