Group - One Piece Tournament 2015 - Group G | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group One Piece Tournament 2015 - Group G

Select which two fighters advance.

• Vergo

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Jinbe

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Rebecca

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Tashigi

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Smoker

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Voting Rules:

• The group stage is a battle royale. The two fighters with the most votes in one group will advance. Fighters may team up.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to two characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the "unvote" function at the top right of the vote box and try again.

Discussion will end on: October 07
Voting will end on: October 08

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Vergo

Epithet: "Demon Bamboo"
Affiliation: Donquixote Pirates, Marines
Devil Fruit: N/A
Type: N/A
Bounty: Unknown

One of the four elite officers of the Donquixote Pirates and the first to occupy the Heart Seat under the codename Corazon. Vergo was ordered to go undercover inside the Marines by Doflamingo and during the past 15 years, he has ascended the ranks of the Marines and has reached the rank of Vice Admiral. Due to Vice Admiral Smoker reporting the truth to Fleet Admiral Sakazuki, Vergo has been dishonorably discharged. As a reult, Vergo has pulled himself together and made his way to Dressrosa to regroup with the rest of the Donquixote Pirates. In order to crush Doflamingo's enemies, Vergo has entered the tournament.
Jinbe

Epithet: "Knight of the Sea"
Affiliation: Sun Pirates
Bounty: Over 400,000,000 Beri

Known as the "Knight of the Sea", Jinbe is a former Shichibukai who resigned from his position in order to fight alongside and defend the legendary pirate Edward Newgate. Consequently, the Sun Pirates became the target of the Marines and World Government meaning they could not openly defend their home, Fishman Island, against pirates who now sought to target the Island due to Whitebeards protection vanishing with his death.

With Fishman and Merman in a vulnerable state, Jinbe as the captain of the Sun Pirates, chose to ally with another of the Yonko, Big Mom, in exchange for having her protect Fishman Island. With the intention to later become part of the Straw Hat Pirates, Jinbe is currently tying up loose ends regarding his alliance with Big Mom. Word also is, Jinbe has lost a valuable artifact he was transporting which has somehow ended up becoming part the tournament's treasure awarded to the victor.
Rebecca

Epithet: "The Undefeated Woman", "The Phantom Princess"
Affiliation: Dressrosa
Bounty: N/A

Rebecca, born of a royal heritage, is the granddaughter of the former King Riku. After Doflamingo's defeat, she regained her princess status and was crowned to be the next queen of Dressrosa, however she forfeited her throne to live with her father.

Prior to the fall of Doflamingo, Rebecca had been fighting as a gladiator in helping the other gladiators who had sustained continual heavy injuries. Her last participation at the Corrida Colosseum was to join the tournament in order to obtain the Mera Mera no Mi so as to hunt down and to kill the evil king, Doflamingo.
Tashigi

Epithet: N/A
Affiliation: Marines, G-5

Part of the G-5 branch and serving under Vice-Admiral Smoker as Captain, Tashigi has gotten wind of this tournament's existence as well as the knowledge that several fighters participating in this tournament are wielding renowned blades. Tashigi's intention for entering this tournament seem to be directed towards those wielding the renowned blades she seeks to have liberated from their hands due to their criminal nature. Tashigi in particular is targeting Pirate Hunter Zoro and the Wado Ichimonji in his possession. Will she make it past this round to have a chance to encounter him?
Smoker

Epithet: "Smoker the White Hunter"
Affiliation: Marines - G-5 Unit
Devil Fruit: Moku Moku no Mi
Type: Logia

The Marine Vice-Admiral who opted to be assigned to the G-5 in order to place himself closer to a specific pirate, even if it meant venturing into the New World. Due to the events in Punk Hazard, Smoker had to take a detour to Dr Vegapunk's Laboratory, but with that mission complete he has arrived at Dressrosa to once again attempt to capture that pirate driving him further into the New World, Monkey D. Luffy. Can Smoker finally apprehend the pirate who initially eluded his capture back in Loguetown two years ago?

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Jinbe und Vergo. Smoker and Tashigi will team-up but i think they will stand no chance against these individuals.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Rather easy victory for Jinbei and Vergo. Rebecca and Tashigi are out of their league here. Smoker could be troublesome but both Vergo and Jinbei have means and the strength to defeat him.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jinbe is the strongest in this round, with Vergo following up.

While the specifics of Smoker's fight with Vergo were suspect, I doubt Smoker would be able to do enough damage to put Vergo down, even if he went all out. Vergo too much of a tank to be taken down physically. Ironically, I imagine Fishman Karate would be the perfect technique to put someone like Vergo down.

Tashigi is way out of her league. We already saw her performance against Vergo, and Jinbe would be even worse.

Rebecca. She good at blocking, but she doesn't have any offensive ability. I also highly doubt she can dodge Fishman Karate.

Deleted member 182576

This is an interesting match up.

Tashigi and Smoker will team up for obvious reasons.
Vergo will be definitley alone!
and Rebecca and Jinbe may team up, if needed.

Tashigi will go for Rebecca.
Smoker, Vergo and Jinbe will have a 1 vs. 1 vs. 1

Tashigi will try to hit Rebecca, but Rebecca is too quick.
Rebecca somehow manages to take out Tashigi without harming her.
Smoker is too busy with Vergo and Jinbe to help Tashigi.
Tashigi is out.

Now it will be a rumble, where all will fight each other. I guess Rebecca will just stay
behind and watch, how the others will beat each other. Vergo will probably focus on Rebecca then.
But Jinbe and Smoker will most likely try to defend Rebeca, because she's royal and a friend of
Luffy. Smoker already lost once to Vergo.
Smoker is out.

Now Rebecca, Vergo and Jinbe. I guess we can all agree that Jinbe and Vergo both are stronger
than Rebecca. But Rebecca is very smart and fast tho. Jinbe and Vergo will most likely
fight each other, even tho Vergo may target Rebecca. She'll just hide behind Jinbe or run
away. Jinbe then intefers. I guess, Jinbe will win against Vergo, but this is hypocretical.
Vergo is out.

So my votes go to Rebecca and Jinbe.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Jimbei will be one of the people that pass this round for sure.

I don't see Rebecca and Tashigi making it pass this, but I think if Smoker didn't try to get law's heart back he can beat Vergo.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It has been quite some time since we last saw these group of people fight.

As I read through all of your post, it seems like we have a common victor - Jinbe. :super

Vergo - A very cruel and brutal guy, just like his boss. He has shown to be quite formidable in terms of battles. Even as a kid, he was daring and strong enough to burn down an entire city without mercy. This is definitely an extremely dangerous opponent.

Jinbe, being a fishman, is an advantage itself. Fishmen are known to be physically stronger than humans. He appears to be a fishman with great pride and honour. He is also a master of the Fishman Karate and would be very useful in fist fight.

Rebecca has been trained by her father to learn to protect herself is quite good especially at this young age. However she does not kill and her sword is blunt, and she does not have killing-intention against people. Even when she was fighting in the Colosseum she had only dodged attacks, which gained her victory all the time. She did that was to help the other gladiators who had already lost (many parts of their bodies). Rebecca is very good in defense but she does not have the brute force to attack someone.

I do not think that Rebecca alone can win, unless she pairs up with someone. If she has no killing intention while others have, then she will be at the disadvantage, particularly when there are a lot of rough guys out there to get her.

Tashigi - I don't know what would happen if she drops her glasses in the fight. But she seems like quite a good fighter. Unfortunately the opponents in this group are way beyond her. I guess she may not proceed further.

Smoker is a very good fighter but I'm not sure if he could win against the two - Jinbe and Vergo - who are two strong opponents.

It appears, in my opinion, Vergo and Jinbe will proceed on. :^_^

Last edited:

ajc46

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voted jinbe and vergo.

Jinbe was shikibukai, and was shown to be pretty strong. Tied with ace back in the day and showed some decent feats during the war. He is number 1 to pass through this group. Only person that might be able to push him is vergo, but since I'm voting for him as well it doesn't make much difference.

Vergo was strong as well. Very good haki (though could be argued pica showed the same haki and didn't help him one bit against zoro). But he was generally a good fighter, not up to the standards of law or the high tier fighters in other groups but I think he will pass through this group. His only other opponent besides jinbe would be smoker, but I don't think that will be hard for him. Smoker mainly relies on his logia fruit and his seastone staff thing. Vergo a leafy showed that his haki is strong so will pretty much negate smokers logia abilities, and he isn't a devil fruit user so the seastone staff will just work as a regular stick. Also I can't remember but I think vergo was ranked higher in the marines than smoker. Not necessarily proof that he's stronger but it can't hurt.

Poor smoker. He started off early in one piece as a kind of rival to luffy. In the past I thought they both might improve and end up in a similar situation to what most people see as roger/garp kind of scenario. Unfortunately smoker has gotten pretty far behind his prey in terms of abilities, and will get wiped out by jinbe or vergo. Logia abilities can only take you so far in this kind of battle and I don't think he's got what it takes. He also hasn't really shown any good uses of his df besides intangibility. Many other logia users have more creativity with what they can do but his only strategy seems to be avoiding attacks from non haki users and kind of trapping them in smoke. Not that impressive imo.

Don't really feel I need to elaborate on tashigi or Rebecca. Both will lose to any of the other 3 without much struggle.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
During the fight, Smoker has been doing pretty well against Vergo. It was later on that Vergo himself state that it's not Smoker usual fighting style

http://2.p.mpcdn.net/23554/485365/9.jpg

Then it turns out Smoker been fighting for Law's heart the entire time. I think Smoker would have beaten Vergo otherwise.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Jinbe and Vergo advance to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.