Discussion - One Piece General SBS Discussion Thread | Page 22 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece General SBS Discussion Thread

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, the fact that Oda bothered to answer about Zoro’s lineage, Tama’s lineage, and the Smiles, but didn’t bother to speak on any letters regarding Carrot’s position as leader could speak volumes as to how much he cares about that plot point.

Unless of course nobody bothered to send letters to Oda about Carrot, because nobody cared enough to.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm a bit mad, not gonna lie. At least his relation to Ryuuma is now canon. Go and become the next Sword God, Zoro.

Also, Roronoa Pinzoro. lol
It’s disgusting and just further shows how Wano was badly handled by Oda. I would’ve preferred not learning about this tbh

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea, i think Zoro not being special blood and aiming to be worlds strongest swordsmen has a greater appeal than Zoro's a descendant of special samurais, in this case the greatest...

All his achievements like cutting dragons are all still relevant to his skill, no need for this.... but i guess its just that the japanese audience likes to see "destiny" everywhere... But overall, nota big deal

I'm actually glad Oda didn't waste manga pages on this and put it on SBS instead.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda is falling into the JK Rowling realm with making major reveals in the SBS.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yea, i think Zoro not being special blood and aiming to be worlds strongest swordsmen has a greater appeal than Zoro's a descendant of special samurais, in this case the greatest...

All his achievements like cutting dragons are all still relevant to his skill, no need for this.... but i guess its just that the japanese audience likes to see "destiny" everywhere... But overall, nota big deal

I'm actually glad Oda didn't waste manga pages on this and put it on SBS instead.
In the end, just some ancient ancestor of his was special and the greatest ever. Guys in the family like Ushimaru, despite being nobility, descending directly from Ryuuma, and receiving samurai training directly in Wano for all their life, never became nearly as strong.

So the family ties here are just anecdotical.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
In the end, just some ancient ancestor of his was special and the greatest ever. Guys in the family like Ushimaru, despite being nobility, descending directly from Ryuuma, and receiving samurai training directly in Wano for all their life, never became nearly as strong.

So the family ties here are just anecdotical.
Oda should’ve taken the time to list this in the manga + have Zoro uncover what black swords really are. But no he spent time on that shitbag Orochi instead

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmm, yeah, I agree in that too much time was wasted on orochi. Way too many characters specifically didn't kill him because of how utterly worthless he was. Oden didn't because he knew that would immediately force kaido's hand. denjiro protected orochi for basically the same reason when zoro almost murdered him. The scabbards for the most part didn't spare a thought on him during the raid. Kaido attempted to kill orochi because orochi was useless. And when orochi finally died no one cared. So oda spent all this time on a character he went well out of his way to point out how utterly irrelevant he was. What was oda even going for here? What were we supposed to feel when orochi finally died? Orochi has a certain cunning to him but outside of that he was weak in terms of character, spirit and combat. He couldn't really put up a fight against anyone. His death was not even remotely satisfying if only because of how little orochi mattered.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
How long do you think it will be before Oda shows us the bounty for the Marines?
Or will we only see it in an SBS? Cuz I personally want to see if Garp's matches Rogers or Whitebeards. Any less than 49 billion is an insult.
Personally I'm actually worried that Odo won't really bring this plot point up again.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
How long do you think it will be before Oda shows us the bounty for the Marines?
Or will we only see it in an SBS? Cuz I personally want to see if Garp's matches Rogers or Whitebeards. Any less than 49 billion is an insult.
Personally I'm actually worried that Odo won't really bring this plot point up again.
I don't think it would matter much, this is just Buggy's handcrafted bounty system according to his personal criteria.

It appears that rather than making bounty posters with individual rewards, he made what appear to be "bounty tiers", so he either put Garp in the same tier as other VCs or he made him as worthy as an admiral.

Regardless, if marines had received proper bounties, though, Garp still wouldn't be worth as much as Roger. He may have been as strong as him in his prime, but he's old like Rayleigh now, and he does neither own an army like a Yonkou does nor has the authority of an admiral, even if he's respected like a hero (which in turn would probably raise his bounty a bit since that would make him dying a bigger blow to the marine's morale).

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't think it would matter much, this is just Buggy's handcrafted bounty system according to his personal criteria.

It appears that rather than making bounty posters with individual rewards, he made what appear to be "bounty tiers", so he either put Garp in the same tier as other VCs or he made him as worthy as an admiral.

Regardless, if marines had received proper bounties, though, Garp still wouldn't be worth as much as Roger. He may have been as strong as him in his prime, but he's old like Rayleigh now, and he does neither own an army like a Yonkou does nor has the authority of an admiral, even if he's respected like a hero (which in turn would probably raise his bounty a bit since that would make him dying a bigger blow to the marine's morale).
Where did they say it was based of a tier system? I don't remember it in the manga. Or was that just the popular theory? Even if it was based off that Garp would be in a tier all his own 😆.

I actually had Whitebeard in mind not Roger. I don't even 💬 Dragons bounty will surpass Rogers.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Assuming Cross Guild has a similar monetary system for bounties as the Marines, I could see Garp being given a bounty comparable to Whitebeard if he has one. I could imagine Buggy having a say and bringing up how monstrous Garp was during the fights with Roger and going off of that for his bounty.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Buggy turns in Mihawk for 3+Billion
Buggy collects bounty
Mihawk frees himself

Wash rinse repeat as needed
Now that you brought it up. How the heck do people able to jail a healthy Mihawk, Garp, Shanks, or Roger. I guess feed them a useless DF and use multiple seastone handcuff? Though they were able to jail Jinbe. hmmmm...

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can't break seastone, even if you have no df
Now that you brought it up. How the heck do people able to jail a healthy Mihawk, Garp, Shanks, or Roger. I guess feed them a useless DF and use multiple seastone handcuff? Though they were able to jail Jinbe. hmmmm...

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
No they don’t. They change gene expression and not your DNA. Gene expression is why you have the same DNA in a lung cell and a blood cell despite them being totally different.
Bah you know what I mean smarty pants. "Lineage factor" is vague enough that it could refer both to DNA and gene expression.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Also,

Could be it isn't unlike Oda to just give that detail then expand on it later. Look what just happened with Whitebeard and Rocks, and even the original Stussy.

Technically as for vagueness about pirates we still don't even know if Zeff was part of some major pirate crew or was just an actual random pirate crew not noteworthy originally. It doesn't have to be in both cases but it could be in both or either.
Zeff was the captain of the Cook Pirates