On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, if Joy Boy not only stretched, but also owned that giant straw hat Imu kept, then maybe he was an Ancient Giant.

Would put Dorry and Brogy’s comment on Luffy resembling a god from Elbaf into more perspective.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Was we one break or did we had a holiday break or WSJ break? Was wondering the whole Week.
Or does Sensei doesnt feel well again?

kg21tmac11

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Was we one break or did we had a holiday break or WSJ break? Was wondering the whole Week.
Or does Sensei doesnt feel well again?
WSJ break, golden week. Which normally happens every year end of April and first week of may.

Cavendish

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I am so ready for the upcoming chapters of One Piece now. The cherry blossom is living its best life in Sweden, the sun is out, Redon is posting hints, Luffys birthday with giant Luffys all over the world. What a time to be alive. One Piece is gargantuan.

OmegaChan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another nothing burger chapter. Only confirming some details for those who were paying attention.

Imu wants to sink everything just like Enel wants drop every sky island.
We knew about Joyboy, we knew about the stretchiness, we knew about the void century from 900 years ago.

Perhaps 2 more weeks until we see some movement in the story.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Doesn't sound like too much story progression but at least we might get a silhouette of Joyboy or something.
No. Just his toes.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Atleast this confirms what I already had to defend earlier weeks, that Vegapunk knew about Mother Flame and it wasn't just Yorks thing alone.
Who was crazy enough to argue that?

meikiyou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Another nothing burger chapter. Only confirming some details for those who were paying attention.

Imu wants to sink everything just like Enel wants drop every sky island.
We knew about Joyboy, we knew about the stretchiness, we knew about the void century from 900 years ago.

Perhaps 2 more weeks until we see some movement in the story.

No. Just his toes.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Where are the leaks?

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
imagine, guys, we will spend the rest of our days with Viz reading the Mother Flame as the Mother Frame. It is just like Zoro being translated as Zolo, lol. Fuck them for messing up the translation

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Suprisingly many were ready to die on that hill. But I think lot of them just thought of Mother Flame only as the weapon application in Lulusia (which we still not 100% know was only due to Mother Flame) , and not as a power source/something we don't quite fully understand yet.

I guess this chapter confirms a lot of stuff we knew for like 90-99% for a fact, to be facts. But still so slow. I have a feeling Oda is dragging this for pacing, like something needs a full chapter to be told, but some things also need to be set, so he is dragging other bits along the setup. Atleast I really hope so.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
So, this seems to make sense, it's so far just the basic things regarding Void Century things we already know, newest detail we know is he's the first pirate.

Mother Flame seems to check out as energy source, especially since it's a flame.

And the reason the world will "sink" is supposedly due to "manufactured earthquakes" which ties in with the destruction of Lulusia which raised sea levels due to the earthquakes that came as a consequence.
If more Islands get destroyed, sea levels will go up more due to more earthquakes.
I'm guessing the WG is going to use their power with the Ancient Weapon or w/e destroyed Lulusia to hold the world ransom, otherwise the world will risk being flooded.

Hypothetically, if the WG own an Ancient Weapon, they can request countries become a part of the WG by force and pay the heavenly tributes. Refusal to do so means they get destroyed, but being destroyed is not just that nation's problem, it's everyone's problem.
If a neighbouring country is happily paying tributes, and my nation doesn't want to pay, if my nation is destroyed, the country paying risks being destroyed by the earthquakes and sea-levels.

Glad to se Joker is mentioned, and I suspect he will be freed somehow.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
What I'm fascinated by now is the fact Joyboy was from 900 years ago suggesting he's a 100 years old since the Void Century ended 800 years ago.
To live for a 100 years and not presumably due to age, but due to an on-going war with the WG may suggest he has a long lifespan.
For someone to live over 100 years casually, just maybe Joyboy was also a giant as they live for up to 300 years.
Well, hopefully some raws get released soon.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I got a theory about Mother Flame:

It's a flame so powerful that need to keep underwater, when released from underwater the power she emites is so great that caused what we see in Lulusia and then it vanishes, that's why they still need more Mother Flames to be manufactured by VP.

VP thinking that the Mother Flame can be used to generate free energy to the world, but apparently the WG have other use for it...

Last edited:

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What I'm fascinated by now is the fact Joyboy was from 900 years ago suggesting he's a 100 years old since the Void Century ended 800 years ago.
To live for a 100 years and not presumably due to age, but due to an on-going war with the WG may suggest he has a long lifespan.
For someone to live over 100 years casually, just maybe Joyboy was also a giant as they live for up to 300 years.
Well, hopefully some raws get released soon.
Joy Boy being a giant would make sense given the giant straw hat Imu has in Mariejois, and that would be the way for him to live to be over 100. Also the Void Century may have just taken some time to wrap up. It could be that the Void Century didn't start until some of the powers at hand were fully established.

Vegapunk referencing Earth Quakes makes me wonder about what Sengoku said when he mentioned Whitebeard had the power to destroy the world. The Gura Gura no Mi may be the catalyst since it's in BB's hands.

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Damn you Oda, you genius bastard.
JoyBoy was like the SunGod Nika. Which means, at some point, like VP said, someone wished for Nika. And JoyBoy is the first copy/reincarnation of it.

I always believed JoyBoy was Nika.
So Nika is a god from Elbaf. And JoyBoy is from Ancient Kingdom.

Luffy will learn everything about Nika at Elbaf, I think he will seize Nika's true power and strength there.

This also make the theory about 4 Gods more plausible. Earth, Sun, Water, Wind (if I am not mistaken), we learned at Skypia.

Imu can be Earth God.
Water God maybe the one which disagreed and cursed DF users.
Wind god being Dragon would be not surprised.

Terribles_toiles

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Aruba
I got a theory about Mother Flame:

It's a flame so powerful that need to keep underwater, when released from underwater the power she emites is so great that caused what we see in Lulusia and then it vanishes, that's why they still need more Mother Flames to be manufactured by VP.

VP thinking that the Mother Flame can be used to generate free energy to the world, but apparently the WG have other use for it...
Just like nuclear energy

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Joy Boy was God of Elbaf then, huh?

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not exactly sold on the Joyboy being a giant theory.

That would imply the Ancient Kingdom was home to giants... which is what Elbaf is as they are too big for anywhere else really.

Could see buccaneer or just plain human.

1st pirate ever too! And what seems to be the most important one. And his treasure was only found by Roger later..