On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Based on Imu‘s full name (NEROna Imu), it would make sense for him/her (the person Vegapunk has not enough info about?) to be the cause of the destruction. The name is based on the roman emperor Nero afterall who burnt down Rome. Maybe, Imu has a ocean god DF. This would give meaning to the second name as Imu inversed is Umi which means ocean. Next to the sea level, the effect on other DF users might be due to his powers as well thus the reference to mother oceans will. Other DFs like Blackbeard‘s and potentially Luffy‘s DF can also nullify DF powers as seen with Ace and Saturns exploding attack in a previous chapter.

This would also fit my previous theory of AK being Atlantis. The cause of it sinking into the ocean would be Imu during the previous battle.
The name is based on Nero Burning Rom, a CD burning software and Imu :( is Luffy :).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And somehow there's light in there, I need to know the inner workings of that
A whale is the same as a tree and the universe, that's why.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This also reminds me of Enies Lobby, which has a huge hole. It may be the cause of why the world sinks. But take it with a grain of salt, to be honest we can find multiple clues for whatever theory you may harbor.
Even the inside-out world theory could be made to work if Oda really wanted.

Given how Oda just has Nami, Usopp, Chopper, and Brook defend Robin, this only tells me that Oda is for sure going to have all of them step up as fighters.

No more of waiting around for Jinbe, Zoro, Luffy, and Sanji to bail them out. They’re all tied up with their own crap and can’t be everywhere at once, so I’m definitely hoping for good things for all of them by the time they’re on Elbaf.
Aren't Jinbe and Zoro close?

Based on Imu‘s full name (NEROna Imu), it would make sense for him/her (the person Vegapunk has not enough info about?) to be the cause of the destruction. The name is based on the roman emperor Nero afterall who burnt down Rome. Maybe, Imu has a ocean god DF. This would give meaning to the second name as Imu inversed is Umi which means ocean. Next to the sea level, the effect on other DF users might be due to his powers as well thus the reference to mother oceans will. Other DFs like Blackbeard‘s and potentially Luffy‘s DF can also nullify DF powers as seen with Ace and Saturns exploding attack in a previous chapter.
It's possible the widely popular Imu = umibouzu theory is true, but Imu is "i" + "mu" so it would be "mui" if you put it backwards, not "umi."

Others have pointed out as well though, if you write Imu out in Japanese, it's イム, which as visual wordplay is directly comparable to the kanji for Buddha: . All 3 katakana for Nerona, ネロナ can also be arranged into the character for god: .

Personally, I'm confident Imu definitely has something to do with the night, and I'm leaning right now toward him being either the night or being space itself (akasha in Hindu and Buddhist imagery), while Blackbeard is the Moon (Tsukuyomi in Japanese mythology). If he's the night, then Umibouzu association would seem to fit, and at least right now, Blackbeard seems to have stronger character and narrative ties to being the moon/Tsukuyomi. Looking forward to seeing more clues on this!

Last edited:

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone here excited that Luffy’s friend Duval has come back?

Trip_LLL

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Friends, what if Impel Down was built when it was still above ground.
Heck, Tequila Wolf is suspect too. It's so high above the ocean. Was it built as a highway to reach the surviving mountain tops?

He was definitely a surprise.
I'm really glad we've seen no Grand Fleet members during these segments. If I'm recalling correctly, we've only seen Hajrudin in the Vegapunk flashback.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Brother, what?
Can't go further than this. Truth be told, this arc got me scared. I don't want this story to break apart. But I'm also confused, because these latest chapters have all been criminal.

If I can say one thing... The flood plot is just the regular end-of-story countdown we get before the climax of every arc, as such we also get it for the whole story.

It can explain why something must be done, but it can not explain what it is, nor what it represents and therein lies the actual meaning, nor does it spoil the actual end of the Manga that is going to be way better than just "we saved the world".

And... yeah the whales are pretty important, which is why they are in this chapter. Actually you can infer the entire One Piece from the panels chosen for this chapter, which makes me certain it is conscious choice, but I'm not sure wether you can do that when you haven't acquired the cultural capital necessary to understand them yet, nor would I deem it a good start to acquire said capital.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

No, he was boring for the most part.

I wonder if the WG back then made the world into what it is, with awareness of what will happen. Maybe the Ancient Weapons were to counter that.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really glad we've seen no Grand Fleet members during these segments. If I'm recalling correctly, we've only seen Hajrudin in the Vegapunk flashback.
Nah, since we saw Leo when Vegapunk’s announcement was starting.

We also saw Sai in the Reverie flashback.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally, I'm confident Imu definitely has something to do with the night, and I'm leaning right now toward him being either the night or being space itself (akasha in Hindu and Buddhist imagery), while Blackbeard is the Moon (Tsukuyomi in Japanese mythology). If he's the night, then Umibouzu association would seem to fit, and at least right now, Blackbeard seems to have stronger character and narrative ties to being the moon/Tsukuyomi. Looking forward to seeing more clues on this!
I mean maybe, but the moon as of now is most strongly associated with the Kozuki and Wano. Toki's whole prophecy thing especially really tied them together.

MonsterBaam

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Sanji destroyed failjuro lol

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I mean maybe, but the moon as of now is most strongly associated with the Kozuki and Wano. Toki's whole prophecy thing especially really tied them together.
I've thought about this in the past, believe it or not. I'm not so confident with the Imu and Blackbeard associations above, but I am here. I really struggle to see the Kouzuki clan as being narratively representative of the moon, even if moon is in their name and in the rebels' tattoo.

I question that association because (1) Five of the known samurai families also have 月 in their name. (2) It was Orochi who was represented by the moon in Toki's prophecy. (3) Momo is prophesied to lead everyone through the dawn. (4) The Kouzuki crest has a sun in it instead of a moon. (5) The crescent moon tattoo is even waning. (Interestingly, Momo does have that waning crescent moon pattern in his imperial robes but his Kouzuki clan crest is much bigger.)

So to me it feels like the name doesn't matter (at least outside of Wano) and the waning crescent moon tattoo is more about Toki's prophecy-- shorthand for a fading moon. (Toki's Amatsuki family crest also has a waning crescent moon with a bird in it, I just noticed when counting families with 月.)

Am I missing something else that better supports the narrative weight of the moon being associated with the Kouzuki clan?

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Ok, I read official and I'm still torned because I don't know if Vegapunk mean that the world will sink for real or metaphorically. Also now that I read it I think Gorosei may choose "lesser evil" and let Strawhats and remaining Vegapunks go to make sure that nothing that they need won't be destroyed during fight. They can't find real streaming den den mushi and they can't destroy whole lab or even island to destroy it so I think Gorosei will be forced to swallow this defeate and try to secure power plant and Punk Records to make sure they can still obtain Motherflame. And there is chance that real Vegapunk knew all this time that York is working on creating Motherflame for WG so by saying that "he commited 2 sins" he meant to take responsibility for it. Also I wonder where he could really hide this new den den mushi. If York won't be able to crack this up even though she's also Vegapunk then that must be place about which even he himself wouldn't think about.

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ok, I read official and I'm still torned because I don't know if Vegapunk mean that the world will sink for real or metaphorically. Also now that I read it I think Gorosei may choose "lesser evil" and let Strawhats and remaining Vegapunks go to make sure that nothing that they need won't be destroyed during fight. They can't find real streaming den den mushi and they can't destroy whole lab or even island to destroy it so I think Gorosei will be forced to swallow this defeate and try to secure power plant and Punk Records to make sure they can still obtain Motherflame. And there is chance that real Vegapunk knew all this time that York is working on creating Motherflame for WG so by saying that "he commited 2 sins" he meant to take responsibility for it. Also I wonder where he could really hide this new den den mushi. If York won't be able to crack this up even though she's also Vegapunk then that must be place about which even he himself wouldn't think about.
I think it is safe to assume he means it with physically sink into the ocean. The rising water levels are an example of it happening, he knows his invention will be used more and the levels will continue to rise. Could be wrong but that is the logic that stood out immediately.

I doubt Vegapunk would use metaphors at an important time like this. He wants to be clear after all.

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I think it is safe to assume he means it with physically sink into the ocean. The rising water levels are an example of it happening, he knows his invention will be used more and the levels will continue to rise. Could be wrong but that is the logic that stood out immediately.

I doubt Vegapunk would use metaphors at an important time like this. He wants to be clear after all.
Probably? But if WG won't be able to get Matherflame it may not happen. Yet I doubt Gorosei won't get Matherflame, now when they can't stop the message nor risk any damage to whatever they need to get Matherflame they start to think about "plan B". I may be wrong but since they said "we can lose all our ships and soldiers" I think they will try to continue battle against Strawhats on sea to keep fight away from lab and Punk Records. Which as they said may result with destruction of all their ships because this aren't just Strawhats they would fight but also giants.

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Probably? But if WG won't be able to get Matherflame it may not happen. Yet I doubt Gorosei won't get Matherflame, now when they can't stop the message nor risk any damage to whatever they need to get Matherflame they start to think about "plan B". I may be wrong but since they said "we can lose all our ships and soldiers" I think they will try to continue battle against Strawhats on sea to keep fight away from lab and Punk Records. Which as they said may result with destruction of all their ships because this aren't just Strawhats they would fight but also giants.
They already have the weapon. The motherflame is the tech behind making the weapon from what I can tell, like the energy. So it would ensure that they could have more of them/more resources. I don't think the device that ended lulusia was a one time use thing. i think they need the Motherflame for more of those things or just energy in general.

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
They already have the weapon. The motherflame is the tech behind making the weapon from what I can tell, like the energy. So it would ensure that they could have more of them/more resources. I don't think the device that ended lulusia was a one time use thing. i think they need the Motherflame for more of those things or just energy in general.
Oh, alright. I thought Motherflame is this bigass flying ship that destroyed Lulucia. So the power plant Gorosei have to secure is Motherflame? Like original Motherflame not copy (I guess?) that was fuel for whatever destroyed Lulucia.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

But you forget this is Oda logic, so for all we know Vegapunk could be speaking in metaphors just so Oda can do suspense. But this is interesting, given Water 7 is sinking, and if I remember correctly Iceberg has been trying to find a way to prevent that.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've thought about this in the past, believe it or not. I'm not so confident with the Imu and Blackbeard associations above, but I am here. I really struggle to see the Kouzuki clan as being narratively representative of the moon, even if moon is in their name and in the rebels' tattoo.

I question that association because (1) Five of the known samurai families also have 月 in their name. (2) It was Orochi who was represented by the moon in Toki's prophecy. (3) Momo is prophesied to lead everyone through the dawn. (4) The Kouzuki crest has a sun in it instead of a moon. (5) The crescent moon tattoo is even waning. (Interestingly, Momo does have that waning crescent moon pattern in his imperial robes but his Kouzuki clan crest is much bigger.)

So to me it feels like the name doesn't matter (at least outside of Wano) and the waning crescent moon tattoo is more about Toki's prophecy-- shorthand for a fading moon. (Toki's Amatsuki family crest also has a waning crescent moon with a bird in it, I just noticed when counting families with 月.)

Am I missing something else that better supports the narrative weight of the moon being associated with the Kouzuki clan?
My only question is what's the evidence for it specifically being a waning moon? I don't doubt you, just want to know if you're saying that from a point of presumption or evidence :O
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I really wonder what the "motherflame" actually is, since we know Vegapunk hasn't truly discovered the power source of the ancient kingdom's technology. Presumably he just imitated it, but damn if I don't need details.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Doesn't seem like a huge detail, but comparing what Luffy has done to other Pirates, is insane.
There aren't that many Pirates that actually attack the Celestial Dragons or Gorosei, the last person to do that was probably Xebec.
The most the majority of Pirates do is run from the Navy or Skirmish, but to go to their base and do damage? I don't know of any besides Luffy, Shiki and Xebec who have pulled this off.

Sabaody was such a big deal, dude hit a Celestial Dragon and then escaped.
Now, he's hit 5 Celestial Dragons, and not just any, but the Gorosei.
And then his crew have also joined in to hit them too? lol.

There's literally no crew crazier than the SHs.
Do you know how unhinged you have to be... who commits crimes other criminals wouldn't dare?
Kid was baffled when he saw Luffy hit a CD, that speaks volumes.

Gorosei came to Egghead in secret, I do wonder if the news will pick up the fact the Gorosei were there.
I personally don't think so unless Morgan can somehow catch wind of it.
I think at this point, Luffy's bounty warrants 5 billion simply because he's proven there's no boundary as to what line he'll cross.

The WG can anticipate what most Pirates will do... you literally cannot anticipate what Luffy does. They planned to attack VP at Egghead for few months before the execution only for... Luffy to be there.
I am surprised the WG have not yet started asking if there's a leak that the SHs are following because they've been hit at every critical point imaginable.

And I do wonder, narratively it seems necessary for the Gorosei to acquire York and the Powerplant, but what if they actually fail in acquiring the Motherflame and York?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
who commits crimes other criminals wouldn't dare?
Isn't that underestimating how crazy or even suicidal some people can be?

The Celestial Dragons do have body guards, the Gorosei have their food tested for poison, that means they being targeted is not that care