On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

CharlosTenryuubito

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stussy will free Kaku (maybe along with other CP members), meet Lucci and decided their own way after Vega-video?

Wait a sec, is that mother flames shadow hovering above Egghead?

Last edited:

animeangryfan4

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yeah, I also can't see sense in either leting all people bellow Red Line sink or sinking them on purpose. Red Line is literally naked stone after all, nothing can be grown up there so I can't see Celestial Dragons living up there without access to anything else beside some fishes like you just said. Unless Imu/Gorosei literally don't need anything for the living because they are soo "godly" so they don't even care if all Celestial Dragons will slowly die out of starvation which is quite unlikely in my opinion. Hmm, ok if water level is rising then mayby at some point it could even reach top of Red Line so mayby that's why Gorosei need Mother Flame, to control sea level. You know, so sea would rise just enough to cleanse world from "filth" killing all unworthly creatures and let whoever will survive up there on Red Line to observe rise of new civilization that would deem them as real Gods. I know, it sounds like quite a stretch but it could be possible if Imu and Gorosei are really immortal. They could live through rise and fall of countless civilizations that could appear after current One Piece world would sink.
All good points. As I said before, arrogance and god-complexes can make a characters actions be unreasonable just as much as it makes sense for them to do all that. I actually forgot that Mars of the Gorosei was the War God of Argiculture, so MAYBE there is someone that knows how to grow crops. And trees have grown in the Holy Land. But my point still stands, that I HIGHLy doubt ANYONE of the Celestial Dragons willingly WANST to grow thier own crops. Its beneath them. Which is what I think the Slaves are poor. In fact here comes the additional question, if Mars is the War God of Argiculture, then what kind of Argiculture is he familair with. That bastard Saturns said he was a scienctist, and while certainly a mad scientist. We all can agree that compared to Vegapunk he was all ego and all mad, not enough intelligence. Granted Vegapunk WAS THE SMARTEST, but the point still stands. A lot of Saturns foolish karma that ended up happening to him would not have happened, had he not checked clearer enough. Which he likely did not, since you know
he is just that arrogant.
So one can assume Mars is the same? He knows Argiculture but only how to create it by force of hand. Not really himself.
It is a good point that maybe the "survivors" of the world would be deem "worthy" to flee on top fo the Red Line but I doubt that would have been a happy end for them. They would have been slaves colonies. I do belive Imu and the Gorosei are immortal. Imu is, and the Gorosei likely became immortal through soem contract with Imu. Which may explain thier loyalty to Imu, not just a "thank you for making me eternal" but also a selfishness that says "if that person dies so do we". Slaves without knowing it, or even caring it. For they are now, beyond humanity.
If the Gorosei even where Humans to begin with.
As for the other CD, i feel the descendants are just proxies. A group Imu formed cause he wanted to hide who REALLY formed the Goverment (I belive Lily was teh true founder, and her reason being she wanted a True World United), so Imu has just kept them around so no one else could rebel against Imu. I still think Imu would sacrifice them without a second thought, as long as The God still controls thsi world.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
On top of that these guys spend decades without even stepping foot out side Marijeose so fighting isn't something they do much of anymore.
How do you know they don't train or fight often? How do you know what their daily lives are like, or their routine?

All we know is we see them in the office having conversations that are no longer than 5 minutes. Doesn't tell us what they do for the remaining 23+ hours of the day.

Saturn is a scientist, without the panel we saw of his experiments with Bonney, you'd essentially be saying he doesn't go into the lab, all he does is sit in the office.
It's a baseless assumption to just assume they don't train or fight regularly enough to maintain their fighting ability.

What have they done that indicates they lack combat prowess besides making use of their DF abilities like anyone with similar powers whether it's Marco or a Logia?

You mentioned not being great at the basics, how do you determine they're not great at it, what are these basic fundamentals? Because that seems very specific.

Last edited:

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
All good points. As I said before, arrogance and god-complexes can make a characters actions be unreasonable just as much as it makes sense for them to do all that. I actually forgot that Mars of the Gorosei was the War God of Argiculture, so MAYBE there is someone that knows how to grow crops. And trees have grown in the Holy Land. But my point still stands, that I HIGHLy doubt ANYONE of the Celestial Dragons willingly WANST to grow thier own crops. Its beneath them. Which is what I think the Slaves are poor. In fact here comes the additional question, if Mars is the War God of Argiculture, then what kind of Argiculture is he familair with. That bastard Saturns said he was a scienctist, and while certainly a mad scientist. We all can agree that compared to Vegapunk he was all ego and all mad, not enough intelligence. Granted Vegapunk WAS THE SMARTEST, but the point still stands. A lot of Saturns foolish karma that ended up happening to him would not have happened, had he not checked clearer enough. Which he likely did not, since you know
he is just that arrogant.
So one can assume Mars is the same? He knows Argiculture but only how to create it by force of hand. Not really himself.
It is a good point that maybe the "survivors" of the world would be deem "worthy" to flee on top fo the Red Line but I doubt that would have been a happy end for them. They would have been slaves colonies. I do belive Imu and the Gorosei are immortal. Imu is, and the Gorosei likely became immortal through soem contract with Imu. Which may explain thier loyalty to Imu, not just a "thank you for making me eternal" but also a selfishness that says "if that person dies so do we". Slaves without knowing it, or even caring it. For they are now, beyond humanity.
If the Gorosei even where Humans to begin with.
As for the other CD, i feel the descendants are just proxies. A group Imu formed cause he wanted to hide who REALLY formed the Goverment (I belive Lily was teh true founder, and her reason being she wanted a True World United), so Imu has just kept them around so no one else could rebel against Imu. I still think Imu would sacrifice them without a second thought, as long as The God still controls thsi world.
Yup, Celestial Dragons aren't made for phisical work so they would be REALLY unhappy if for some reason they would have to "play survival game". Also I think Mars dosen't actually know a shit about agriculture. It's like trying to learn how to swim using book: theoreticaly sounds easy enough but practically it's bit more complicated. And I think Mars only knows theory about how to grow plans because let's be honest, I bet even growing plans as hobby seems beneath him. You know, because gardening is pretty dirty and very tiring, deffinetly not something for "God". Umm and aren't all plans up there in Marie Geoise fake? It's probably true because first Red Line is infertile naked stone and if something edible was actually able to grow there then Celestial Dragons wouldn't be fully dependent on commoners. And slaves, well they aren't just poor. They are literally like furnishing, transport, cheap working force and even amusement for Celestial Dragons. It's kinda hard to call someone poor if he owns nothing, not even his own life. I bet they are only feed enough to stay alive so they could work. Though I bet slave-wifes of Celestial Dragons were treated little bit better because if they would look ill, weak and overly skinny then Celestial Dragons wouldn't be able to flex on their beauty in front of each other. Sure, if for some reason Celestial Dragons wifes grow ugly or they get bored with them they throw them away but I still think beautiful womans are taken better care of. Anyway small side note. I forgot how many time has passed since end of Revery but I'm curious if Revolutionaries destroyed all of Celestial Dragons food supplies or they had some more hiden somewhere else. From the panic that spreaded through Marie Geoise I could judge that either Celestial Dragons only eat their whole lifes and they already used everything they had left or they are REALLY stupid and left their only food warehouse in open space free for attack. I hope that during this whole panic Revolutionaries also set free as many slaves as possible (I don't remember clearly what happened during Revery), I can bet my life that as horrible as it sounds Celestial Dragons could resort to canniballism if they would be too hungry. You know, because in their minds slaves aren't humans.

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
How do you know they don't train or fight often? How do you know what their daily lives are like, or their routine?

All we know is we see them in the office having conversations that are no longer than 5 minutes. Doesn't tell us what they do for the remaining 23+ hours of the day.

Saturn is a scientist, without the panel we saw of his experiments with Bonney, you'd essentially be saying he doesn't go into the lab, all he does is sit in the office.
It's a baseless assumption to just assume they don't train or fight regularly enough to maintain their fighting ability.

What have they done that indicates they lack combat prowess besides making use of their DF abilities like anyone with similar powers whether it's Marco or a Logia?
That is quite easy. Beside uhh, mr. Sceletal Horse who deffinetly is at worst decent swordsman rest of Gorosei dosen't fight like someone who have a lot of experience caused by training or fighting. I may not be the best judge here but I think they dosen't even trying and throw kinda random attacks. If they really were soo well trained in fighting then (storywise) one of them would be enough to end this all. It could be caused by fact that due to their "godlyness" they are still unbothered by anything even now when Luffy awakened his fruit, truth about world is about to leak thanks to courtesy of Vegapunk and Marie Geoise is in chaos after Revery. Also Gorosei are "Gods" soo assuming that they wouldn't bother to train because Gods are all mighty sounds kinda obvious. Oh and immortality, that could also turn Gorosei into lazy fighters. After all if you don't have to be afraid of being killed then you don't have to be that skilled in fighting. Though I can admit that in comparison to regular Celestial Dragons Gorosei seems to be in better shape so you may have complete right and they actually DO something.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I find it interesting that Vegapunk wanted make certain he does not think Imu (we presume) is necessarily evil.

I'm expecting another relatable and sad villain flashback backstop.

Or a moral dilemma with no clear right answer.

Last edited:

wilhelfizh

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It is pretty weird. It seems that they dont sync what they observe. Due to facts that Stella share this broadcast only to Shaka and Pythagoras, "his" goodness and wisdom. York doesnt know, even she knows only what she saw (the fake snail).
Same goes that York communicated to Gorosei and hid CP Agent for quite time, while the others including Stella, know nothing.

Last edited:

KyuKyu555

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Just saying the truth no need to get pressed 😉
You know I wanted to add these 🤭😏 but then I saw the rolled eyes emoji but I should have also added one of these.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the entire world is destined to be flooded. An interesting reveal, though a bit more simple than expected.

I wonder if Oda is going to show us Iceberg's reaction to the news next chapter. Feels like Water 7 may have been the first time we saw someone potentially realize something was up, although they may have reached the incorrect conclusion as to why (Aqua Laguna).

Lot of stuff to mull over along with that. The purpose of the Ark, whatever is underwater causing the flooding, Imu's entire existence and their potential link to all of this.

Earlier in this thread, someone posited the idea that the Mariejois was positioned atop the Redline to project the CDs from this phenomena. That sounds like a very valid theory. Though it does make me wonder what the deal with the Sky Islands are. They also have to be connected somehow.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Chapter 1089 is a reasonable explanation to what VP is about to say.

Lulusia Kingdom was destroyed, no one in the world knew about it, but it caused earthquakes, sea levels to rise and entire islands were wiped out.

1 Island being taken off the map led to numerous Islands being destroyed.

Not too long ago, Imu said there will be another cleansing which surely means some nations will be taken off the map.

I can only guess at this point that what VP is saying is pretty much that since the WG will be wiping some nations off the map, it will lead to many Islands being drowned.

This is only really possible if the WG can get hands on an Ancient Weapon or the Mother Flame.

In essence, perhaps the Gorosei's goal is to threaten the world with the threat of submerging countless countries if they decide to defect from the WG. Countries not paying the Celestial Tribute could also be forced to join the WG because their refusal will lead to OTHER nations being submerged.
Lulusia being destroyed pretty much lead to other countries being destroyed, the WG are well aware of this, and so they know this is they power they need to control the world. 10 countries can join the WG, but if 1 country decides to not join... those 10 countries if they're nearby face the threat of also being eradicated meaning they'll likely support the WG in removing the leader of that country.
The fact the Gorosei refuse to destroy the Labophase because no one else can remake the Motherflame probably hints at this need for power.

Pluton was also created in case another Ancient Weapon with similar power fell into the hands of the WG. So, now we potentially know why Wano's borders are going to be open. Once the WG acquire Vegapunk's motherflame, the SHs will be forced to use Pluton to fight back.

At least, this is what makes sense.
Gorosei will use sinking the world to hold the world to a full totalitarian world, not that they want to destroy the world - pretty much a global hostage situation.
1 country being erased had such a massive effect, imaging what 2, 3... 10 nations being wiped does.
This makes sense to me at least, will see how things develop.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I find it interesting that Vegapunk wanted make certain he does not think Imu (we presume) is necessarily evil.
I think He knew that they would frame someone else.

BUT I think this is Oda also hinting at Imu not being evil. This aligns with the theory that Imu and Joyboy were friends and the latter could not fulfill the promise made to Imu

So the entire world is destined to be flooded. An interesting reveal, though a bit more simple than expected.
Well, it implies that all the islands were before one big land. One Piece. :D I wouldn't call that simple.