Light Novel - No Game no Life by Kamiyaa Yuu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

No Game No Life
Genre: Fantasy, Adventure
By: Kamiyaa Yuu
Publisher: Media Factory
Imprint: MF Bunko J

There was an urban legend that there was a legendary, undefeated gamer called [ ], but in reality he was just a NEET brother and sister named Sora and Shiro. These hikikomori siblings who both refer to the real world as a worthless "Kuso Game" are one day summoned to a different world by a boy calling himself "God". In this world, war is prohibited by God and everything is instead decided by a game...that's right, even country borders. Can the two NEET brother and sister save the last of the human race <Imanity>, which only has one city left?

"Now...let the game begin!"

Discuss the Anime Here.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: No Game no Life by Kamiyaa Yuu

How is this one, Nanodesu is picking it up from the start, so I may start reading it as they do it (though I see its also on bakatsuki further)

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I guess they're taking over for BT. Interesting. I saw their tweet that they will be picking up a new series, I hadn't checked back to see what it was. They did hint that there may be an imouto involved, hardly surprising.

How you feel about this series probably will depend on how you feel about ecchi. If you don't mind ecchi, you should like this. There is also some wincest simmering beneath the surface. It hasn't come out yet, but it's there. The plot is interesting, so are the characters, the games are smart and creative. Worth reading if you can get over some (at times unnecessary) ecchi, and possible wincest implications.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Started volume one with the prologue, loved the chess game and the teamwork of the brother sister, so skilled too that he can play games with hands and feet. Sad at the neet part.

Looking forward to more now that they are in the game world.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

The games are so clever, and unusual. The character of Sora and Shiro were the highlight of volume one. Their teamwork, but also how hopeless they are without each other.

I'm a little disappointed volume two isn't fully translated yet. BT only needs to translate two more chapters. Hopefully they will be done soon.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ill finally start reading this tomorrow, YenON version is out.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Completed volume 6. I originally planned to read a few chapters but it became so addicting I read everything :zomg.

The duo was much more likeable than the current one IMO, mainly because I liked ShuVi much mmore than Shiro, Riku and Sora are about the same though I think I might like Riku more as well. the war was really hopeless for Humans without Tet's rules, no way the siblings could have done anything under these conditions.

They confirmed that reincaranation doesn't exist but they really look alike, I am not sure what to think about it. The anime ending was a big reveal...