Shounen - Nisekoi by Naoshi Komi | Page 51 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Nisekoi by Naoshi Komi

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well well well... Who would have thought that Onodera would stab Chitoge in the back.... It was the worst way to confess and I like Onodera even less now. She knew that now Raku is in love for Chitoge, that's why that she said that it would be her last chance to confess before losing him. It doesn't seem like they were crying of happiness, so it is not over yet for Chitoge because it clear that Raku will not just say "well, let's go home and forget Chitoge then".
The best development right now would be Onodera getting rejected because it was a late of a confession, too late... Really, it is not this way that love works: doing nothing for years and then, at the last second of overtime, backstab your friend and confess, Raku's feelings you will not permit such a thing. I hope Komi Naoshi doesn't give this message to his readers, I really hope.

Tias

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Well well well... Who would have thought that Onodera would stab Chitoge in the back.... It was the worst way to confess and I like Onodera even less now. She knew that now Raku is in love for Chitoge, that's why that she said that it would be her last chance to confess before losing him. It doesn't seem like they were crying of happiness, so it is not over yet for Chitoge because it clear that Raku will not just say "well, let's go home and forget Chitoge then".
The best development right now would be Onodera getting rejected because it was a late of a confession, too late... Really, it is not this way that love works: doing nothing for years and then, at the last second of overtime, backstab your friend and confess, Raku's feelings you will not permit such a thing. I hope Komi Naoshi doesn't give this message to his readers, I really hope.
You call THAT stabbing someone in the back? Oh you sweet summer child you have no idea what you're talking about.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I still really don't know what he's going for here.

He has to have some endgame here right? Something he's working toward by writing the ending of Nisekoi this way? It makes me thing we are going to get a RakuXChitogi end after all because if he was going RakuXOnodere there would be no need for any of this. In fact it would be fair to say this kind of drama is the last thing he'd want to do. All it would achieve is making Chitogi fans even more mad at him than they already would be.

That all being said. He should just go harem end in huge twist. It would be dumb but everybody would come away more or less happy.

justanotherone

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
That all being said. He should just go harem end in huge twist. It would be dumb but everybody would come away more or less happy.
Why do you say this? I mean they all love him and they wouldn't want to share him. I don't think the girls would be happy like that. So yeah it would be dumb and out of characters for them. Anyway It was always going to be RakuxChitoge, everything pointed to that, I don't get how some people are surprised at this point. Also I am not able to feel sorry for Onodera, especially after those latest chapters . She wasted too much time and now here we are and for the record Raku too, he never confessed when it was logical to do that and now he has so many regrets. It's like Ichigo 100 % all over again but this time I learned my lesson (or maybe Komi was clear from the start so he is just better than Kawashita). You don't know how salty I was at the time.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why do you say this? I mean they all love him and they wouldn't want to share him. I don't think the girls would be happy like that. So yeah it would be dumb and out of characters for them. Anyway It was always going to be RakuxChitoge, everything pointed to that, I don't get how some people are surprised at this point. Also I am not able to feel sorry for Onodera, especially after those latest chapters . She wasted too much time and now here we are and for the record Raku too, he never confessed when it was logical to do that and now he has so many regrets. It's like Ichigo 100 % all over again but this time I learned my lesson (or maybe Komi was clear from the start so he is just better than Kawashita). You don't know how salty I was at the time.
I meant "fans would be happy".

As for the harem route thing. Series like Nisekoi are always dealing with the fact that, when it gets down to it, the anime enormous love triangle thing is pretty ridiculous. A dozen girls falling head over heels for one guy while all being great friends with each other and he's completely clueless doesn't happen. All manga and anime like this is built on an unrealistic base concept and Nisekoi is no exception. Which is fine because it's not aiming for realism it's aiming for audience wish fulfillment.

That's the beauty of the harem route. It's the conclusion where all fans feel like their pairing they invested in happens. Is it a realistic conclusion? Hell no! But it's not a realistic situation so I don't know why the ending would need to be.

Last edited:

justanotherone

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

As for the harem route thing. Series like Nisekoi are always dealing with the fact that, when it gets down to it, the anime enormous love triangle thing is pretty ridiculous. A dozen girls falling head over heels for one guy while all being great friends with each other and he's completely clueless doesn't happen. All manga and anime like this is built on an unrealistic base concept and Nisekoi is no exception. Which is fine because it's not aiming for realism it's aiming for audience wish fulfillment.

That's the beauty of the harem route. It's the conclusion where all fans feel like their pairing they invested in happens. Is it a realistic conclusion? Hell no! But it's not a realistic situation so I don't know why the ending would need to be.
Ah I see. Ok I get it and you made good points, it's fiction I know it. Well personally I wouldn't be happy because then if the boy likes a bunch of girls at the same time it cheapens the feelings. But that's because I don't approve polygamy (well not even in fiction) so I am a bit biased. When I have an OTP it's rare for me to multiship so I just want those two people together and that's all. But of course it's just my opinion :)

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

He has to have some endgame here right? Something he's working toward by writing the ending of Nisekoi this way? It makes me thing we are going to get a RakuXChitogi end after all because if he was going RakuXOnodere there would be no need for any of this. In fact it would be fair to say this kind of drama is the last thing he'd want to do. All it would achieve is making Chitogi fans even more mad at him than they already would be.

I think he is trying to postpone Raku decision about everything as much as possible to give people food for thought and make more impact. As a Chitoge fan I almost had a heart stroke many times during the last few chapters and am I enjoying it? Obviously I'm enjoying it, this is crazy! xD
Many people thought since the beginning that it would be easy win for Chitoge, but I think he is making things complicated in a really good way. We doubted our judgement many times during the last chapters and I personally thought a lot about the hypothesis that Onodera would win the harem and how I would feel about my favorite series of all time after that. So, really, the only thing Komi Naoshi needs to do to get an 11/10 from me is to give Raku to Chitoge with all merits and honors. XD

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

you know, onodera actually showed some strength , and sadly she already knew, that raku was in love with chitoge... it was a bit predictable, and a bit anti climactic , but for some reason i gained way more respect for onodera than i had in the past
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

well it is a comic book after all, we know in real life if the 4 hottest chicks in one class all liked the same guy that

A: those girls would not be friends, they would hate eachother
B: the girls would make it more obvious that they liked him
C: the guy would have slept with at least one of the girls (hell he woke up next to yui-nee in his bed, come on raku, act like a man!!!)

so this is a nice story, with amazing artwork (some of the best manga artwork on the market, which is the reason i kept reading)
but jammin my man, you cannot put too much weight into the logic of this story

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
so this is a nice story, with amazing artwork (some of the best manga artwork on the market, which is the reason i kept reading)
Oh, I'm not. In fact that was the very point I was making. I was explaining to justan how I could root for something like harem route.

Logic and realism are overrated.:^_^

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

you know, onodera actually showed some strength , and sadly she already knew, that raku was in love with chitoge... it was a bit predictable, and a bit anti climactic , but for some reason i gained way more respect for onodera than i had in the past

well it is a comic book after all, we know in real life if the 4 hottest chicks in one class all liked the same guy that

A: those girls would not be friends, they would hate eachother
B: the girls would make it more obvious that they liked him
C: the guy would have slept with at least one of the girls (hell he woke up next to yui-nee in his bed, come on raku, act like a man!!!)

Now I wanna chime in with my cents to this.

Even for the ultimate wish fulfillment scenario where the hell do you find 4 girls who are super close friends like in the manga and STILL manage to remain such close friends once one of them gets the guy? I mean sure if it's 2 girls and they are mature about it might be possible for them to respect the outcome but in these sort of manga's they they make it look like the love for the main character is the sort of "once in a lifetime love" that they will never ever find again in their entire lives.

Next on to the rejected girls. As I said just above, the author 99% of the time has the other girls show such an infatuation and love for the MC that it makes it look like any guy they'd end up with after the MC has rejected them would simply be a consolation prize, that they'd be some bland and boring random dude, who unfortunately would be loving a girl who secretly wishes her super secret love would one day love her so she could ditch the random schmuck she's with. I dunno, maybe it's just me but this is honestly the vibe most harem / romance manga give me. I get it the author wants to have his bland oblivious MC seem special but it's still incredibly ridicules.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now I wanna chime in with my cents to this.

Even for the ultimate wish fulfillment scenario where the hell do you find 4 girls who are super close friends like in the manga and STILL manage to remain such close friends once one of them gets the guy? I mean sure if it's 2 girls and they are mature about it might be possible for them to respect the outcome but in these sort of manga's they they make it look like the love for the main character is the sort of "once in a lifetime love" that they will never ever find again in their entire lives.

Next on to the rejected girls. As I said just above, the author 99% of the time has the other girls show such an infatuation and love for the MC that it makes it look like any guy they'd end up with after the MC has rejected them would simply be a consolation prize, that they'd be some bland and boring random dude, who unfortunately would be loving a girl who secretly wishes her super secret love would one day love her so she could ditch the random schmuck she's with. I dunno, maybe it's just me but this is honestly the vibe most harem / romance manga give me. I get it the author wants to have his bland oblivious MC seem special but it's still incredibly ridicules.
i always go back to the yui scene, sorry, there is no way a highschool boy, going through puberty

wakes up next to that gorgeous thing in her underwear cuddling with him and doesnt try something ....
so obviously the girls remaining close friends even after being rejected .... would never happen in real life, as i said, once they realized they liked the same guy they would become enemies in real life

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Party tonight guys! XD
Well, Komi Naoshi confirmed what I was expecting to happen. I always thought that what happens in the present and what will happen in the future is more important than the past and Komi Naoshi did a very good job in this chapter showing this... Well, I should give credit to Onodera to respect Raku's feelings and try to persuade him to love her at all costs. The part where Raku opened the lock was the most important part of the chapter, it was when Komi Naoshi showed that present and future are more important. We expected that Raku's resolve would falter a bit seeing what was inside the lock, after all Raku still love Onodera, but he did his decision and he cannot have regrets, he said it and went forward. Why he feels that way? Because what he feels for Chitoge is different, he feels that with her he can reach a new world, here is the future... He can see a happier future with Chitoge. Komi Naoshi was able to link all this in 20 pages, it was awesome. Now the moment everybody expected is next!

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, I got all emotional towards the end and while I'm still feeling sorry for Onodera, I don't mind how things went.
However, there's a question now: how will the author end the manga?
We will have timeskip? We will get a glimpse of Raku's and Chitoge's family?
I'm honestly looking forward to finding the answers to such questions! :D

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
and there you have it, a bit predictable but still a good ending, i will thoroughly miss this wonderful artwork, and ill miss the sappy story as well, i still want to see some closure with ruri and shu
Well, I got all emotional towards the end and while I'm still feeling sorry for Onodera, I don't mind how things went.
the way this manga was set up 80% of the characters were going to end up alone and sad

the good news is they are all under 21 (even yui i think) and they are all hot.... so they will surely meet guys in the fictional world of nisekoi

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What is left to be said after this chapter? Raku stole all my words about this chapter... Not that I didn't explain Chitoge here uncountable times before. XD
Really, Raku (and Chitoge herself a bit) described Chitoge perfectly, all those characteristics make her the best and everything made sense in the end. The chapter was fantastic and wrapped everything up in the best way possible. Honestly, it is very rare to see a romance manga having a development so organic like that, the way Chitoge and Raku got to know each other and got close to each other. It doesn't seem like it, but a lot of chapters were spent just to show them together and bit by bit becoming more intimate. I really repeat myself about this question, but I don't think that Nisekoi was too long, it had the right amount of chapters and the majority of them contributed to this ending to have the significance it had, after all, Raku wouldn't be able to know Chitoge so intimately without actually living with her and being with her in a variety of situations, so that's it... I cannot deny that it was a bit predictable, but Komi Naoshi knew to keep us on the edge. XD

Well... Now that we reached this point it is really hard to predict what comes next, but it will certainly be fun. hahahaha
After making the Chitoge version of the special "Newly Married" with her with dog face, he is obliged to do this right in the series. XD
That sounds good because Raku always said that he would become a public servant and Chitoge is pretty dependable as well, so it going to be good to see Raku as public servant and Chitoge fucking awesome like her mother.
Like I said, it is gonna be fun. XD

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
After making the Chitoge version of the special "Newly Married" with her with dog face, he is obliged to do this right in the series. XD
That sounds good because Raku always said that he would become a public servant and Chitoge is pretty dependable as well, so it going to be good to see Raku as public servant and Chitoge fucking awesome like her mother.
That special was hilarious. XD
Anyway, I too am looking forward to something like that.
I wonder if we will see children. :hurr

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is left to be said after this chapter? Raku stole all my words about this chapter... Not that I didn't explain Chitoge here uncountable times before. XD
Really, Raku (and Chitoge herself a bit) described Chitoge perfectly, all those characteristics make her the best and everything made sense in the end. The chapter was fantastic and wrapped everything up in the best way possible. Honestly, it is very rare to see a romance manga having a development so organic like that, the way Chitoge and Raku got to know each other and got close to each other. It doesn't seem like it, but a lot of chapters were spent just to show them together and bit by bit becoming more intimate. I really repeat myself about this question, but I don't think that Nisekoi was too long, it had the right amount of chapters and the majority of them contributed to this ending to have the significance it had, after all, Raku wouldn't be able to know Chitoge so intimately without actually living with her and being with her in a variety of situations, so that's it... I cannot deny that it was a bit predictable, but Komi Naoshi knew to keep us on the edge. XD

Well... Now that we reached this point it is really hard to predict what comes next, but it will certainly be fun. hahahaha
it was a collective sigh of relief for me, its not that i wanted the manga to end

it has just been a bit frustrating to see two characters who like eachother but who havent had the courage to say anything for 200 chapters +

overall i was impressed by everthing since ch 199 the overall quality of nisekoi in these last 28 chapters has been as good as it was at the beginning

Taorero

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I think Nisekoi at least have a fitting ending. Not like some other going down that I will avoid mentioning... B....L....
Anyways I can't believe that I actually started reading this one from the very start, feels sad to lose one of my favorites but I'm glad it ends well and how it was suppose to. The dark side of my manga reader was thinking that maybe Onodera or Chitoge will end up dead so Raku wouldn't have to choose lol

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
And here it comes the TS!
I wonder what we will see in the next chapter...
A marriage proposal perhaps? :3c

Taorero

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States