Request - New Section Suggestion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Request New Section Suggestion Thread

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: New Manga Section Suggestion thread

I agree with HSDK getting its own subforum. It's popular as it is, and usually a subforum gives more popularity, and with more popularity, there tends to be more people being spoiler providers (which I hear is some kind of requirement).

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

... there tends to be more people being spoiler providers (which I hear is some kind of requirement).
No, it isn't... For the longest time Bakuman didn't have weekly spoilers (or at least not any that came out before Edited Mangas), and Fairy Tail didn't either. Spoilers being provided at most just serve to fuel some discussion, but is not a requirement at all for a series to have its own subforum.

As Nami already said in the OP of this thread,
The series must have regular raws and releases and lots of fans support and good discussion going on etc in order to have sub-forum.

Stevenh1990

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I vote for HSDK to get its own subforum.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thanks for the feedback everyone! While there are no immediate plans to add another subforum Kenichi will be one of the top candidates when the time comes.

Razeus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

This is my first suggestion I hope I do this right. I would like to suggest that An no exorcist to be put in for suggestion for it's own sub forum.

List of reasons why
1. Alot of discussions can be brought up from the fans of the series wheather its pertaining to chapters , character discussions , theories , anime releases , chapter reviews , artwork and scans.

2. The manga seems be getting quite popluar on other sites as 2ch recent begun to post spoilers for this on-going series.

3. More exposure to the series.

pao13071

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
beelzebub!!!

plz oh plz i beg the admin to make a beelzebub section the anime is so good!!! best anime of 2011 hands down

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
While I do enjoy Beelzebub a great deal, I personally don't think it needs a section of its own. The series is more comedic than plot-driven, meaning that most of the time, discussion about new chapters (and episodes) is 75% "haha, xxx part was so funny". There's not much anyone can theorize or debate about for Beelzebub, which I think is key to generating good and long discussion, and which Beelze lacks (by nature of its genre, not the fault of the thread regulars or anything). I'm not ruling out the possibility of it getting a section, but I just don't think its really necessary right now :/

pao13071

Reaction score
Country
Greece
While I do enjoy Beelzebub a great deal, I personally don't think it needs a section of its own. The series is more comedic than plot-driven, meaning that most of the time, discussion about new chapters (and episodes) is 75% "haha, xxx part was so funny". There's not much anyone can theorize or debate about for Beelzebub, which I think is key to generating good and long discussion, and which Beelze lacks (by nature of its genre, not the fault of the thread regulars or anything). I'm not ruling out the possibility of it getting a section, but I just don't think its really necessary right now :/
actually don't say that the plot is preety original and its preety funny there could be lots of joke thread and the manga is more about the story but still comedic :P and btw who decides on making the new sections???

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The entire staff generally discusses adding new forum, though the final decision comes from the admin level. Most of the forums added recently have come from suggestions in this thread. HSD Kenichi, the Breaker, and Hunter x Hunter were all suggested by members, not staff.

When deciding what will get a forum certain factors I look for are the number of members who engage in regular discussion, number of repeat visits to a forum, and number of members making multiple posts in a day. The potential to discuss a variety of topics is also important. It usual is only potential, but I do look to see if members make some attempt to discuss topics other than the latest chapters.

At the moment we are not actively looking to add another forum. The Ao no Exorcist forum opened recently, the Breaker and Manhwa forums are only about a month old. While I am not sure Belze is ready for a sub-forum at the moment, things may change when we are ready to add another sub-forum.

pao13071

Reaction score
Country
Greece
The entire staff generally discusses adding new forum, though the final decision comes from the admin level. Most of the forums added recently have come from suggestions in this thread. HSD Kenichi, the Breaker, and Hunter x Hunter were all suggested by members, not staff.

When deciding what will get a forum certain factors I look for are the number of members who engage in regular discussion, number of repeat visits to a forum, and number of members making multiple posts in a day. The potential to discuss a variety of topics is also important. It usual is only potential, but I do look to see if members make some attempt to discuss topics other than the latest chapters.

At the moment we are not actively looking to add another forum. The Ao no Exorcist forum opened recently, the Breaker and Manhwa forums are only about a month old. While I am not sure Belze is ready for a sub-forum at the moment, things may change when we are ready to add another sub-forum.
wakata wakata i get it xD
btw i know this is out of topic but how old is the khr forum o.O?

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Pretty old, it was already there when I joined the staff in 2009.

Last edited:

TemplateR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For the first coming AMV Contest, it would be great, if we have an own AMVForum-Section. Because also the fact, that many AMV-Threads are all over many subforum-sections is. Chaos should be fixed with an own sub-forum.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion. ^^ We'll definitely consider this if the needs of the contest seem to justify a separate sub-forum (multiple threads, etc).

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Looking at the manhwa section, I started to wonder whether it would be a nice thing to do to add a manhua section. I haven't touched many Chinese comics, to be honest, but I believe there are lots of Chinese comics fans. Maybe adding a section for manhua here would help to attract more visitors and gain more activity. :)

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Manhua has become a bit of an orphan since manhwa was given it's own forum. It would not be realistic to expect fans to search through the manga boards for the threads we do have. Since the manga boards are divided along Japanese specific demographic terms, it would not be realistic for fans to really know where to begin either. Or to know where to start new threads. Having a separate board would make discussion much more viable than it is now.

That was also the rationale used when creating a manhwa forum was discussed. There is a difference though. Over the last year, maybe more, there has been an explosion in the number of manhwa titles translated into English. Given the number of available titles and number of groups dedicated to manhwa translations, we felt that forum organization was making it difficult for a large fanbase to find threads. The immediate success of the manhwa forum, and both series sub-forums, proved that was true. There are comparatively few manhua titles translated. There are some, and there is certainly a fanbase, and they may be better served by a dedicated forum. I can not promise one will be created but it is worth considering.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I see. Thank you for explaining. There is also a chance that by making a section for manhua separately, more Chinese comics would be presented, the more people would know manhua titles, the more it would be scanlated. I think it has a chance of being big, although I'm not really aware of specific manhua titles with an enormous fanbase (like some manhwa). Whichever way you would see this, thanks for considering my suggestion. :)

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I think it would be interesting to have a section dedicated only to one-shots (and maybe pilot chapters). Since there aren't as many one-shots as different series it doesn't has to be devided into shouner/seinen/manwha sub-sections and everything could be put in one place.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Actually I feel it is kinda redundant. The current organization makes it clear, especially related to demographic/genre. Making one section about one-shots or pilots only would make visitors having to browse through looking for demographic/genre they want to read. :)

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
One Piece gallery is lovely. But it has at least three problems:

1. I joined in August 2011, and only until yesterday I found it. and I am a regular poster in One Piece forums. Even more, k-dom, who joined in October 2008 didn't know about the existence of the gallery; I talked to him about the gallery yesterday and he told me that. And, as you know, he posts in many sections here in MH (and was awarded for his work helping the users to enjoy manga and the site.

So the gallery is pretty nice, but you can be sure that it is completely ignored by the most of the followers of One Piece in MH. That is a shame, and I think the gallery needs to be relocated or al least it needs a link in the One Piece sub forums, for example at the side of the subforum for the One Piece fan art.

2. I found the site because I decided to collect all the One Piece colour spreads. In fact, I was playing with the idea to share in some section all my findings, as I usually do in the One Piece Mega Combo Thread, one of the sticky threads in the OP section. So searching in google-images, I could find the gallery. But I also found some pics in other sites with a higher resolution than those you have in the gallery. Now, the gallery is designed to allow users to download the pics, but a user can't upload a "certified" image, if he has it. It would be much better if the gallery is designed to be fed by all the enthusiastic users in MH, maybe with the help of a mod.

To facilitate the process of participation, the pics could come with a short description of its resolution and also with the identification of all the data of its publication (the chapter or volume or log, etc..)

3. I think the gallery needs to be organized. There you have a mess of different kinds of stuff. I propose to organize it in the following subsections, if possible:

• Volume cover page
  • Log Cover page
  • Art Book cover page
  • Color spreads
  • Omakes
  • Other material, like the sketches

With these changes, I guess, the gallery and the OP forums (I suppose the same thing can be done with other specials forums, like Naruto or Bleach) will provide a better experience for the users. :ohaielmo

Last edited: