Discussion - Netflix & Anime/Manga/VG | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Netflix & Anime/Manga/VG

Taorero

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I had to dust off my account for a bit and come back after seeing the outrageous news of Saint Seiya being "remade" (ripoff in my opinion) by no other than... Netflix.

News here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...f-the-zodiac-saint-seiya-remake-anime/.119635

So back to the point my real questions come like this...
1) Do you think they are doing a good job?
2) What is your take on this whole thing of copying whatever has been done already and just "remake" *cough (rip-off) without actually doing anything original and probably with a English cast instead of a Japanese.

Bear in mind that I'm not only talking about what they are going to do with Saint Seiya but also what they are doing with Death Note and Castlevania.
I always had a very low opinion when it came to Netflix, but now they hitting a new low. When I grew-up I remember waiting everyday for a new episode of Saint Seiya, you could say it was the one that hook me up into the Anime world. So for me it has kinda like a "sentimental value". Back then I watch it in Spanish, and when the Hades OAVs came, I watch it in Japanese and was a completely different experience, since then I have re-watch everything and never again watch a dub anime. That being said everytime I heard the words "Netflix" and "anime" together I feel like if I'm doing some sort of sepukku.

Sorry is a bit long but I had to vent off (lol), I want to hear this community take on what Netflix is doing, or what they can do in this Anime world that is usually tainted every time Hollywood tries to put their hands on it

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Please register to see the content of this post.

Taorero

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States