Discussion - Most Underrated Characters | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Most Underrated Characters

Who is (are) the most underrated character(s) in Fairy Tail?

• Total voters

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I had this idea for a while but I was way too lazy to do it...

So @Jean Grey created a thread for the most overrated characters but I didn't saw a thread for the most underrated characters.

Let's do it.

Also you can choose up to 5 characters and it's about popularity and power.

Here are my choices:

- Lucy : My girl is horribly underestimated by the fandom. She's the main female character but her development is poor (not character wise, but power wise), Erza and Wendy horribly overshadow her. I hope her future victory against Kyria will allow her to go up in the guild's rankings.

- Gray : I don't even need to explain why.

- Gajeel : He seriously lacks of feats in 100YQ and some people claim that Wendy has surpassed him :fail

- Cobra : Poor guy, he has been left on since years. If only he had DF or a Dual Element Mode.

I didn't knew who else to choose so I voted Rogue Jellal which is understandable I think.

Last edited:

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Lmao you're viewing my threads but you didn't voted nor replied

Last edited:

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
georg🤣
gray.mira...

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Lucy is leading the charge for now. But barely though.

This is my 1,000th message! :oooh :celebrate

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wendy because despite having better feats than Gray people still believe he stomps her. Not just win but they believe he stomps.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Wendy because despite having better feats than Gray people still believe he stomps her. Not just win but they believe he stomps.
How many times should I repeat that?

Wendy defeated Haku because he was holding back, she was assisted by Irene and she was countering his hax. If she wasn't a enchanter, she would've been defeated quite easily.

Gray has greater physical stats than Wendy and has better feats overall. He'll always be portrayed as above Wendy, likely a tier or two above her.

I hope that you don't believe that Wendy would demolish Invel or go toe to toe with E.N.D or destroy Hakune or fodderize Thunder Legion.

Because it would be absolutely ridiculous :yodawg

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
How many times should I repeat that?

Wendy defeated Haku because he was holding back, she was assisted by Irene and she was countering his hax. If she wasn't a enchanter, she would've been defeated quite easily.

Gray has greater physical stats than Wendy and has better feats overall. He'll always be portrayed as above Wendy, likely a tier or two above her.

I hope that you don't believe that Wendy would demolish Invel or go toe to toe with E.N.D or destroy Hakune or fodderize Thunder Legion.

Because it would be absolutely ridiculous :yodawg
Wendy physically fought Haku who was stated to be strong and fast. That was Wendy in base. Yall claim he held back but that was never stated. Wendy one shot Haku with her own power. Gray on the other hand got fodderized by a weaker Skullion and Gray was actually going all out with his DeS magic.

Give credit where credit is due.

Also it weird you talk about Wendy only countering Haku because of her magic but being up Gray fight with Invel and END in which he only performed as well because of his magic countering there's.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In no particular order:

Cobra / Sting
Erza
Wendy
Jellal
Juvia

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
In no particular order:

Cobra / Sting
Erza
Wendy
Jellal
Juvia
Surprised you put Sting among the underrated. I thought he was fine.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Surprised you put Sting among the underrated. I thought he was fine.
I personally feel Sting's feats against Larcade before WSD is overlooked. From what I gathered, he was superior to him without RIP even before the WSD.

Yet people seem to think he gets stomped by Dimaria whose best feats were fighting a featless version of Chelia and failing to render Wendy useless. Also getting casually oneshot by END lol.

Maybe it's more of a case of Dimaria getting overrated than Sting being underrated tbf.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally feel Sting's feats against Larcade before WSD is overlooked. From what I gathered, he was superior to him without RIP even before the WSD.

Yet people seem to think he gets stomped by Dimaria whose best feats were fighting a featless version of Chelia and failing to render Wendy useless. Also getting casually oneshot by END lol.

Maybe it's more of a case of Dimaria getting overrated than Sting being underrated tbf.
It took Ultear, Chelia and Wendy to defeat Dimaria and Chelia with a Slayer advantage still had to be amplified and helped out. Without those same conditions I don't see how Sting would beat her. Add in Sting was able to fight was Larcade because Sting could eat Larcade magic because it was light. He wasn't superior to Sting he just had a good matchup due to the conditions.
'

Dimaria is underrated as is most of the Spriggans. If there magic has to be limited in order for another character to beat them then clearly that character is strong enough to defeat them.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It took Ultear, Chelia and Wendy to defeat Dimaria and Chelia with a Slayer advantage still had to be amplified and helped out. Without those same conditions I don't see how Sting would beat her.
The stipulations of that fight were that Age Seal was not a factor, so Ultear is irrelevant. Chelia's slayer advantage is unquantifiable. Third Origin had no other feats than fighting Dimaria. If you start comparing now, someone like Kyria casually knocked out Wendy, whereas Dimaria continuously failed to do so.

Add in Sting was able to fight was Larcade because Sting could eat Larcade magic because it was light. He wasn't superior to Sting he just had a good matchup due to the conditions.
Sting was literally also beating him up. Sting had advantages in that fight but those advantages didn't really change the tides of the battle, except for when Sting was forced into his shadow by Kagura. This specific advantage does not change anything in a battle context against Kagura because she does not have RIP in her arsenal that Sting would need to rely on it.

Dimaria is underrated as is most of the Spriggans. If there magic has to be limited in order for another character to beat them then clearly that character is strong enough to defeat them.
Dimaria is underrated, as is most of the Spriggans? Natsu casually oneshot her. She has feats against a featless version of Chelia and continuously failed to shut Wendy down lol. Most of the Spriggans were one-shottable by anyone worth crap; Natsu wrecked Dimaria that she became a farmer, Dimaria literally just slashed Brandish, Invel in his strongest form got wrecked by Gray with one attack, Natsu casually did the same to an enchanted Neinhart, Jacob is laughable who Mirajane beaat with one basic BSS punch, Gajeel destroyed Bloodman the moment he could touch him, and Laxus literally killed Wahl the moment he could fight back.

That's seven of the Spriggans. MOST. None of them are underrated.

That leaves August and Irene who are respectable in their own right. Serena and Ajeel aren't too shabby, but the former is almost featless against anyone worth crap these days and Ajeel lost to Elfman and Lisanna. Larcade was good but was beat by an attack from Sting, who really should not be any more powerful than LFD Natsu or ISD Gajeel.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Juvia and Elfman

Juvia because she was tanking attacks from DeS Gray. Not as good as current Wendy and Lucy's feats, but much better than Alvarez Lucy and Wendy's feats. People sleep on Juvia.

And people generally treat Elfman like a joke, probably because he lost to Evergreen, but really he's always been pretty decent. Slaughtered an Element 4, beat Bachus, an Erza tier. Oneshot Seilah, a Mirajane+ tier. Beat Ajeel with some help. Stalemated and damaged Madmole. Elfman is probably sitting comfortably at base Gray tier.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
At least they held their own against Spriggans while Juvia struggled against Historia Keyes.
Held their own? Lucy engaged in a play fight with Brandish, in which she intentionally tried to make herself look shit.

Wendy did pretty much nothing to Dimaria. But scratch the Wendy part, her support against Eileen was better than Juvia. Let's just say Juvia's feats against Gray were better than Lucy.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
All she did was tanking casual punches and she still struggled against Keyes.
So? And So?
To begin with I rank DeS Gray above Brandish, even when she's going all out. Her clash with his ice also actually hurt Gray, by the end of it he was panting with effort. Is that better than fake fighting Brandish? Yeah, a lot better imo.

As for Keyes, she should struggle with Keyes, he's a difficult person to fight. Even Tartaros Gray was having his attack no-sold by him. Like Bloodman, you can't hit him with physical attacks, the only way Juvia beat him last time was going inside him and busting him from the inside. But doing that gets her infected by MBPs. Oneshotting him with Melody's sensory magic is the better play.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
@yutu Can you explain why you think Lucy is both overrated and underrated?