Special Move - Most powerful techs that can be done in real life | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here, the power is ranked by how powerful they are in POT, not whether any of these techniques would have their intended effect in real life.

1. Phoenix of Egypt (Byodoin), Meteor Lob (Niou, in a dream)

As far as I can tell, both shots involve hitting the ball really really high.

2. Smashing the smash (Fuji)

While certainly hard to do in real life I imagine you'll see this in a Sportcenter highlight occasionally if there was actually a reason to do this in real life. Even the Germany team was impressed by it, and arguably it could be better than Byodoin's techinques, but I put it lower since this is a shot that you'd rarely (but not impossible) be able to do in real life whereas Phoenix of Egypt should be pretty easy to do every single time.

3. Throwing the racket in someone's face (Tohno)

We know that Wonder Castle can apparently stop all the execution techniques (no indication they get stronger toward the end) but throwing the racket can beat Wonder Castle, so it's obviously stronger than any of the execution techniques. The hardest part might be to convince the ref that your hand just slipped.

4. Mental Assassin (Ochi)

We know from NPOT that Ochi isn't someone with Naruto powers, unlike say, Yukimura. So even real life guys can totally just glare at someone and hope they start choking.

The dual wield rackets from Omagari would be pretty high up here too but in real life using two rackets is illegal, unlike in POT. Otherwise anybody can pick up two racket and start swinging them randomly, as the dual wield is described as strong because it's unpredictable which hand he's going to use.

Also, the cover insert for volume 13 of NPOT shows Konomi doing a glowing shot (I guess they had the court's light on him, or something), but I'll chalk that up to as special powers only for the creator of POT.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Yips should be added (I know it's not really a "Technique", but probably not what you had in mind when making this). When you get down to it it gets triggered by Yukimura just returning every shot effortlessly which should be possible irl if the skill gap is big enough. Also, I'm not sure if throwing your racket should be on this list; if memory serves we determined that this would likely get you disqualified in reality, so it's arguably the same as dual wielding. That said, if you keep it on there you should add Sasabe as a user too since he did it to Ryoma in the first chapter.

Also, do the techniques have to be doable or consistently doable?

Also, the cover insert for volume 13 of NPOT shows Konomi doing a glowing shot (I guess they had the court's light on him, or something), but I'll chalk that up to as special powers only for the creator of POT.
I so don't remember this - you got a link by any chance?

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Yips should be added (I know it's not really a "Technique", but probably not what you had in mind when making this). When you get down to it it gets triggered by Yukimura just returning every shot effortlessly which should be possible irl if the skill gap is big enough. Also, I'm not sure if throwing your racket should be on this list; if memory serves we determined that this would likely get you disqualified in reality, so it's arguably the same as dual wielding. That said, if you keep it on there you should add Sasabe as a user too since he did it to Ryoma in the first chapter.

Also, do the techniques have to be doable or consistently doable?

I so don't remember this - you got a link by any chance?

The Konomi doing glowing shot is on the cover jacket on volume 13. It shows him at night with I think the floodlights on his hand and the caption reads, "The author has finally learned how to do the glowing shot. Destruction!" Usually it's something unexciting like 'new POT stuff coming out this month! Please buy!" but this one is pretty interesting.

You can do Yips from POT but not NPOT (the one he did against Fuwa, who is definitely not afraid of him) I guess, though I think you'd have better chance just doing Mental Assassin if we're counting on impossible POT techniques to work in real life as that's roughly the same thing (hoping your enemy will somehow choke badly) but with way less effort.

You don't have to do be able to do it consistently but it has to be at least possible. I imagine if you told two pros to keep on smash to each other they'd eventually be able to smash a smash back, though since that move is rated highly in NPOT it is high on the list even though it's next to impossible (but not impossible) to do in real life.

Throwing the racket would get you disqualified which is why I said the hard part is convincing the ref that it's totally an accident. That reminds me, another powerful technique that you can do in real life is acting, ala Niou or Irie. While illusions did most of the work, Ochi said that they did fell for Niou's acting by thinking he's out of the game even though he's secretly observing their moves.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You don't have to do be able to do it consistently but it has to be at least possible. I imagine if you told two pros to keep on smash to each other they'd eventually be able to smash a smash back, though since that move is rated highly in NPOT it is high on the list even though it's next to impossible (but not impossible) to do in real life.
Well, in that case I think this is close enough to put Myougi on the list.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Snake (Buggy Whip) and Twist Serve are also both real life move I think?

If you put a basketball player in tennis, Dunk Smash is also probably possible.

If it's something only to be done once and not repeatedly, I see Saiki also being possible, at least with serve ace.

I know I pull Higuma Otoshi by accident once, so that one is possible if you're lucky.

Tohno's execution are possible, as they just hit different part of the body. But it won't have the intend effect of stopping your body from moving.

Last edited:

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most of execution techniques should be possible but I doubt you can hit someone's racket and make them commit seppuku.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Snake (Buggy Whip) and Twist Serve are also both real life move I think?
Yeah, a number of the other early moves in the series are too for that matter (stuff like Super Rising).

In a way Data Tennis might be possible? It won't be anywhere as effective, but theoretically you should be able to calculate and memorize an opponent's preferred shots if you have sufficient material.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, a number of the other early moves in the series are too for that matter (stuff like Super Rising).

In a way Data Tennis might be possible? It won't be anywhere as effective, but theoretically you should be able to calculate and memorize an opponent's preferred shots if you have sufficient material.
Of course Data Tennis is possible in real life. I mean in NBA you got people break down like soandso has a X% chance to drive and Y% chance he goes on his right instead of left. But that stuff would need a lot of people and you got to like rehearse it many, many times to even be able to use it in real time and of course since we don't get to just say '100% chance he'll do this' it's still just barely better than an educated guess most of the time.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Since NPOT becoming a dragon ball z tennis. I think we can list the most realistic players.

1. Shiraishi- Most Realistic Player in POT. And maybe also in NPOT. Even us can learn how to play basic tennis/bible tennis.

2. Inui/Renji- Data players can also be copied easily. I believe there are players in real life like that.

3. Kikumaru/Gakuto- They are just acrobats. They are just an exaggerated version of monflis.

4. Kaido- His snake is easily copied by Nadal/federer.

5. Momoshiro- His Jumping ability is doable.

6. Oishi- Moon volley is just a lob

7. Alan- Identifying bad habits of opponents is doable.

I think I am forgetting a lot especially in NPOT. Please add to list
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Update:

I think team usa players have realistic moves too.