Discussion - Morally, do you side with Norman, Emma or the Ratri's perception of how to exist in this world? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Morally, do you side with Norman, Emma or the Ratri's perception of how to exist in this world?

Whom do you side with?

• Norman - Exterminate all the demons.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Emma - Befriend/Co-exist with the demons.

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Ratri - Maintain the promise at any cost.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So currently at Chapter 122, it seems like we've came to a point where there are 3 distinct features & stand-points that exist for the humans in this series, these boil down to:

A) Exterminate all the demons

B) Co-exist with them peacefully

OR

C) Maintain the ''promise'' at all costs.

Which do you side with? Do you believe exterminating all the demons or befriending them is the way to go? Or is maintain peace between the two races by sacrificing a minority of humans worth it?

I'd side with C, as objective it has the most benefit & least consequence for the Humans.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am all for Emma's plan.

I voted for her choice.

Btw @OtakuFreak nice to see you caught up with the latest chapter.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I am all for Emma's plan.

I voted for her choice.

Btw @OtakuFreak nice to see you caught up with the latest chapter.
Thanks! =)

As for your choice, I don't see how you can believe that attempting to co-exist with the demons peacefully is plausible when they're biologically dependent on consuming you? It seems very naive to me, unless you're thinking different Emma.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks! =)

As for your choice, I don't see how you can believe that attempting to co-exist with the demons peacefully is plausible when they're biologically dependent on consuming you? It seems very naive to me, unless you're thinking different Emma.
Well Tokyo Ghoul influence maybe where Ghouls and Humans coexisted.

If you notice Musica can survive without consuming Humans.In truth I don't 100% believe Norman.It seems to me he is telling lies or at least has wrong information.

So yeah you understand my point.

P.S. Still waiting for when you start reading Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan manga and join us in the discussions.

Kurara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I side with Norman. While he doesn't get to see Emma's side, I doubt that there are more that five monsters who agrees with Musica.

Like in Ansatsu Kyousitsu, the wellbeing of the human come at all cost.

Since there are a lot of demons, I doubt there are enough suicide or sick dead bodies (brains) for the demons.

Nozdormu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I disagree. I don't believe the children demons should be held responsible for the actions of their partens or their grand parents. In a similar vain, a human child shouldn't be held responsible for the acts of their partens either. We already saw children demons. So demons can reproduce. The fact is that while these demons eat human meat, they never experienced hunting humans before. At least most of them haven't. We can assume this as we never see child demons participate in the hunt at goldy pond. To condemn all demons just based upon the fact that they need to sustain themselves with human meat, is unfair. Should there be a away to survive for the demons other then feasting on human meat, then that solution will be key. On the other hand the demons that experienced and enjoyed the hunt… they are beyond redemption as they are most likely the ones to break the new promise of not eating humans.

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I would like to vote for Emma If the option is possible as I hate discrimination and racism. But push come to shove I would not hesistated to go Norman route if all available option is thrown out of window.

I am being pragamatic in terms of dealing this If I am in Emma/Ray/Norman group. I am wild card I side with Emma or Norman depending on which situation is more favourable.

Last edited:

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
C) is by default the worst case scenario for humankind as it willingly sacrifices people.
Option A has the potential to backfire on humankind entirely. ''Exterminating Demons'' might not even work and instead turn into the demons subjugating the rest of humanity. Assuming they do win, sure they're won't be anymore children suffering, but how many people died for that? Thousands? Millions? Would you rather sacrifice countless people on a battlefield whom are probably terrified of dying, or sacrifice some children whom live quite a privilege life into the very last moment?

B) Be-friending seems unlikely when the Demons need to eat Humans to maintain their highest level of existence, unless you willingly hand-over a small plate of humans as dinner.

C) The promise has been maintained for 1000 years (IIRC) and supposedly kept humans and demons from being against each other in mass conflict - meaning the sacrifice of a few children, does sustain a lasting peace. Additionally, the children who are given as free food are born (on average) with no awareness of demons or of the world they are in, they like quite privileged lives and are nurtured to their best happiness and it's only in the last moment (even then, are they killed before they even know whats happening?) are they exposed to anything relatively harmful.

I'd rather maintain the promise because breaking it or starting a war to exterminate the demons has more of a potential consequence than what is currently happening. It's sad, but something has to be sacrificed.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Emma.

There’s a solution to the predator/prey relationship and her name is Musica.

True peace is obtainable.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I just caught up with the manga and the whole ''evil-blooded'' situation which eliminates the issue of Demons being dependent on humans as a source of food.

I'm definitely more open to Emma's idea to peace, but like Norman suggested, even if they aren't dependent on humans to sustain their own existence, some will still hunt/seek human meat since it's a highly valuable meal.

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Exterminate them all. Norman shouldn't be blamed for thinking this is the only way, at the very least. Their situation is absolutely dire. Emma may have new information, but it seems more like just the promise. And that would be the best. I just doubt somehow that it will rightly work out... leaving Norman's plan the most sensible.

Option C is the most immoral of the 3. An enteral sacrifice of bodies that inevitably will overcome any drastic number of mass casualties from any number of conflicts. It's also not going to work forever. There are too many who desire to eat humans. Song Ju himself desperately wants to hunt. So did demons at Goldy Pond. It. Is. Their. Nature! With literally one exemption in the entire race.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I would like to vote for Emma If the option is possible as I hate discrimination and racism. But push come to shove I would not hesistated to go Norman route if all available option is thrown out of window.

I am being pragamatic in terms of dealing this If I am in Emma/Ray/Norman group. I am wild card I side with Emma or Norman depending on which situation is more favourable.
Agreed. All the way. Wouldn't it be alienism.

Only thing, Demons & Humans aren't the same species. Living creatures but a whole different type of creature. different from Tokoyo Ghoul, as for Ghouls were obviously some type of offshoot human. It's like hating reptiles, insects, fish or certain animals... who cares? nobody san, If you hate another group of humans..that's just the saddest thing ever...My view on discriminating against intelligent organism who dont resemble humans.

I would sabotage Emma at every turn. Wider view or not, I'm not trying to live with a species like the demons. I couldn't trust that some type of government wouldn't form to dominate humanity. The cursed blood solves the nature of the groups co-existence. Still yet, demons enjoy the hunt, and like humans have a violent nature also. coexistence would be too fragile..its Humans or Demons..I choose Humans.

There's no guarentee that Demon culture will be maintained to respect humans and not be racist about their biological superiority. Ideology is sure to change or be warped over time. Such is life.

So I agree with Norman. I seriously believe co-existence is dumb

ZersEditor

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
All they need to do is to make the fully sentient humans to cease their existence in this world. Free every remaining cattle child in the experimentation facilities and farms. Destroy the technology allowing the mass human production to be made beyond the point of restoration. To leave the demon race at the mercy of the evil-bloods.

It's not something the humans of their intelligence can't pull off.