Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: [New] Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Yeah, I was pretty happy with this chapter :)

I was momentarily disappointed when the focus switched from Ban because he is(was) way more interesting to me, but damn, Elizabeth was just so awesome. She did way more than I thought she would. I thought she would just talk them out of it, but she really impressed me with her actions.

And yeah, Ban looked like a character straight out of Hellsing with that smile.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Woah, all of a sudden there were 3 chapters out? :o

All in all, I was so impressed by Elizabeth. When she came up against the Holy Knight Ruin, I thought she'd fall without so much as helping the cause or better yet, someone stepping in to help her. She really got struck hard by the knight. I knew the little kid was just an illusion, as when Meliodias and co were hiding from Diane, you could see small sfx signs from his waving the stick then Meliodias's eyes also turning white.

And Ban just keeps on growing on me, I mean this page:

:hee

vampire killer

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

remind me of berserk. It`s really good for now and Ban=Hisoka

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Elizabeth finally did something cool and Ban looks like he's going to be amazing

Definitely enjoying the direction this is going.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Yes, just in a few chapters and it has become one of the most enjoyable adventure shonen I read at the moment. If only the next color page is thanks to its popularity in Japan too and I'm happy.
Ban badassness has only one problem, he is only the 3d sins and he has already stolen all the show :-)

masgrande

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

I really want to see the top Holy Knights, bacause with the strengh of the current knights I can not see how they manage to make the Seven Sins run away and hide.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I really want to see the top Holy Knights, bacause with the strengh of the current knights I can not see how they manage to make the Seven Sins run away and hide.
Well, that's the thing. I don't believe that the very strong holy knights would hide their faces. There must be some hierarchy among what's called the holy knights. These four are interesting enough to slow down meliodas and co but nothing more either.

They aren't even in serious mode. Ban has everything to become the most favourite sin, I like the Hisoka analogy someone made. Ban kept himself imprisoned till he got the sign of life of Meliodas, he made the four believe otherwise. Cool

jues

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Finland

I've just finished reading all the chapters released and I have to say that this one is a definite recommendation for everyone who likes adventure mangas. The story reminds me a lot of Ubel Blatt and isn't really anything special, but the definite strengths of this story are fun, engaging characters and well designed battles. I wrote a bit longer review of Nanatsu no Taizai here.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Just about to start this series and I see it's by the author of Rising Impact and Ultra Red. My excitement for reading this series just doubled.

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

I had time for 2 days away from work and so after hearing the songs of praise about this especially from k-dom (i mean man makes more "pimpimg" for the series than kodansha is :) ), i still am not so sure about this 1. I was exiceted about this when i 1st heard about it being a fan of kongou banchou but this 1 doesnt put anything new. Everything in the manga is clichés and tried nad true storylines. Ban is a character introduced to be liked. Elizabeth is well let me just say elizabeth otherwise it may get ugly.... Holy Knights are villains with the personality and intelligence of 80s TV shows and without the charm.

Considering the most interesting char in the series so far is the pig, I am extremely curious of sales figures.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Well I don't mind clichés when they are done well. This is a shonen and it's aim is to be entertaining. The characters are funny and you get fond of them easily. The fights are flashy. The only lacking so far is a big villain but it's only the start

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

ooh, dont get me wrong for the clché part, i mean we would be hard pressed to find 1 shounen entirely original( i am not even sure we could make 50%). I just expected it to have some sort of twist or something. For now they are out of "How to Write Shounen" guide. It doesnt mean it is not readable it just wont be ,for me, that much of a issue to catch up to it weekly basis. What may happen in the future s anybodies guess thou.

For the villain some might say it is already late.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

A chapter to conclude this arc. Nothing happened that much but I am interested in how meliodas and the doctor healed fast. Does Elizabeth have some unknow secret powers. I also wonder if the pig might be a manifestation of some curse. These things are really possibilities

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

A chapter to conclude this arc. Nothing happened that much but I am interested in how meliodas and the doctor healed fast. Does Elizabeth have some unknow secret powers. I also wonder if the pig might be a manifestation of some curse. These things are really possibilities
I know what you mean here, the eerie feeling I got and that was displayed around this page, gave a sort of menacing evil presence. Also there's the look Ban gives him in the following page that suggests he's thinking something. At this point, nothing suggests he's more than a talking but so I don't want to jump to conclusions here.

Nothing outstanding beyond the healing wounds happened in this chapter, though the party scene with Ban and Hork getting drunk was quite fun and also Diane and Elizabeth's talk was quite endearing. The character standing atop the stack of rocks in that page before last intrigues me....

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Yes a nice transition chapter. It's interesting to see the future opponents on the double spread, I hope they will be some serious adversaries among them.

And it seems the 3 color spreads were not completely undeserved, volume 1 ranked 13 in the oricon. 38 581, Yamada only did 16 945.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'm sure there are much stronger Holy Knights to come ahead for sure, I think 1 or 2 of the ones we saw on that page had been introduced before though.

vampire killer

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

And it seems the 3 color spreads were not completely undeserved, volume 1 ranked 13 in the oricon. 38 581, Yamada only did 16 945.
the funny thing is that it sold 41,915 its second week.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

In fact since it was out the 15th, the first week was only 3 days so that explains why it did more the second week.

As for new chapter, it seems like it is a recurring joke that the sin do not look like their bounty poster at all :-) I also wonder what kind of race he is and if it is related to the fact that he can levitate. The fact that he seems to be an enemy now is intriguing. From what Ban said, they may have had issue before but then why would Melodias look for him ?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Quite a nice twist to have a Sin a villain, how he became to work with the Kingdom and Gilthunder is still up for debate and to be seen. Had he been a traitor prior to their fall or is this a recent matter?

Now to this page:
Wowwwie! The other's don't seem to be able to see the manifestation of the sword, so I'd guess it's either targeted enemies or just animals. Such a cool page though.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

As for new chapter, it seems like it is a recurring joke that the sin do not look like their bounty poster at all :-) I also wonder what kind of race he is and if it is related to the fact that he can levitate.
This page from 10 years ago shows that he was quite chubby and short, granted though his face is not shown, he seems to have changed quite a bit since then.