Shounen - Mission: Yozakura Family by Hitsuji Gondaira | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mission: Yozakura Family by Hitsuji Gondaira

Discomusic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Title : Mission: Yozakura Family
Serialized in : Weekly Shounen Jump
Author and Artist : Hitsuji Gondaira
Summary:
Taiyo Asano is a super shy high school student and the only person he can talk to is his childhood friend, Mutsumi Yozakura. It turns out that Mutsumi is the daughter of the ultimate spy family! Even worse, Mutsumi is being harassed by her overprotective, nightmare of a brother, Kyoichiro. What drastic steps will Taiyo have to take to save Mutsumi?! A spy family comedy - the mission begins!
(source: MANGAPlus)

Last edited:

Discomusic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Turned out that after one year of serialization there was no thread for this manga yet. It's my first attempt at a manga thread, so if I made some mistake please tell me any necessary correction.

My impression after chapter 48:
My general opinion is that it's similar to Reborn; many episodic comedy chapters introducing lots and lots of characters, then a much needed big arc arrives, and the atmosphere turns darker and more action oriented (although it may not be a permanent shift). So currently it is in its best shape and the last chapter reflects it, and while I anticipated the reveal at the end the execution didn't disappoint me.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's definitely a series that surprised me. I read it on a whim and suddenly I'm reading it weekly faithfully.

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The author of Yozakura doesn't have much of a hand for B-Shounen, which is precisely why he perhaps avoids fighting so much.

Which makes sense since Yozakura is sold as a romantic comedy, I think that if the author had put Shion and Futaba as Taijo’s love interests with Mutsume or inserted a second couple we wouldn’t be charging for more fights and longer arcs.

The only attempt at a loving rival that the author placed in the story was the character that appears in chapters 16 and 17 who was responsible for the kidnapping of Mutsumi in the first arc and Ayaka who becomes the family's maid. quite. Even if Yozakura was a reverse harem with Taiyo having to deal with or intending to Mutsumi would be cool, we would not need to charge Gondaia for a new reborn.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Turned out that after one year of serialization there was no thread for this manga yet. It's my first attempt at a manga thread, so if I made some mistake please tell me any necessary correction.

My impression after chapter 48:
My general opinion is that it's similar to Reborn; many episodic comedy chapters introducing lots and lots of characters, then a much needed big arc arrives, and the atmosphere turns darker and more action oriented (although it may not be a permanent shift). So currently it is in its best shape and the last chapter reflects it, and while I anticipated the reveal at the end the execution didn't disappoint me.
It always seemed to me that Gondaia never wanted to turn Yozakura Family into battle shonen.
Yozakura has always been sold as a romantic comedy, perhaps if he had taken the romance further, with a second couple or rival for Taiyo or Mutsumi.
we wouldn't be charging for more fights.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
From what I've read, I follow in the footsteps of Tutor Hitman Reborn, with an episodic gag start with the new character of the week, which then flows into pure action with the first serious arc. I recommend it now as long as there is little to recover.