Discussion - Mirajane Strauss thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mirajane Strauss thread

Does Mira have a new takeover form in 100YQ arc? And what would it be?

• Total voters

Siniten

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gray one shotted a Tempesta who had come from fighting Natsu, Laxus one shotted him when they were both fresh, Laxus's feat seems to count more for me
Believe me, I also see Laxus's feat as more impressive than Gray's considering that Gray was using DeS magic. I'm just pointing out that Gray did infact solo a demon gate. Even if you don't count the Tempesta fight because of Tempesta's injuries, Gray still soloed a fresh Silver. But, this is getting a bit off topic now.
Laxus two shotted Tempesta, not oneshotted. Gray oneshotted him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hiro never said that. You have to watch the fandom because miss information goes around all the time.
Yeah it's just Mira fans hyping her for no reason as usual.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Given the scale of this war, I'm hoping we get to see Mirajane be epic again.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
What? You are completly wrong.

Mira vs Freed = Amazing

Mira vs Azuma = She was used to hype Azuma. She didnt had the oppourtunity to fight Azuma and got nerfed becasue of Lisanna. Plus: "She wasn't at full power because she had just got her abilities an arc behind" is a total assumption of yours.

Mira vs Sayla = Mira was being pushed back by BOOOOKS!!! Then she goes Satan Soul and gets low dif by Sayla. Mira only stole her Macro to call Elfman so she didnt defeated her.

Mira vs Jenny = Total fanservice. Jenny is a fodder.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mira was placed at the top 10 last time I check. Pretty good if we take in count how Hiro treats her.
Mira stated she couldn't use Satan Soul repeatedly so she was infact at a disadvantage because she already used it. She was hesitant to use the power in the first place but had too bcs her dumbass sister didn't want to leave.

Macro is Mira's own ability thus she did infact solo Sayla and second saying Mira was pushed back by books is like saying Laxus and Jellal were being pushed back by rocks or Kyouka was rekt by a thorned vine and the three dragon slayers were also pushed back by said vines. It's useless to try an debunk people's power just bcs they used common objects in their attacks. Mira is able to lift rivers with her bare hands and crush the ground with her aura alone and you really think she'd be pushed back by regular books?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It isn't the fact that the books were able to damage Mirajane that was the problem it was more of the fact that she couldn't destroy the books. The Bicklow situation is totally different as yes his dolls damaged Lucy and Bicklow but:

1). The dolls can shoot energy beams while Sayla books can't. Sayla books are just books.
2). Leo and Lucy were able to dodge and destroy Bicklow dolls prior to him using his eye magic. While Mirajane didn't show the same feats of dodging or destroying Sayla books.

There is a huge power difference from Bicklow dolls and Sayla's books. There was nothing to indicate that Sayla books were anything but books that she used her Macro to threw at Mirajane. On the other Hand Bicklow dolls had energy attacks that we've seen.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zkfS66tXDxA/VjDLooOFBaI/AAAAAAADaXM/0QNB7it_5O4/s16000/0380-005.png

vs

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UhVX67KT-Sg/VjC9yrAQoiI/AAAAAAADVZM/_c9PfMo8DSc/s16000/0115-005.jpg
Okay, maybe Bickslow wasn't a good example but how about Laxus vs Alexei/Ivan? If we're talking about overpower, I can ask the same question. Why was Laxus being affected by paper?

Laxus being sliced by a piece of paper is no different than Mirajane being bruised by books. I mean really, Alexei/Ivan is way weaker than Seilah. Also, most people would say that Laxus is stronger than Mirajane. So my question here is, why couldn't Laxus just casually stand there and catch all the paper with his bare hands? Or why didn't he just let it hit him instead of defending against it since no damage will be done? How about just burning them up? You see, objects associated with magical power are quite different.

Not really either. Only way that Juvia's water would cause serious damage to someone like Lucy is if she was drowned which the same logic would be applied to if she jumped into a lake or water at a beach and didn't come up for air.

Look at their scuffle during the ToH arc: I mean Juvia attacked Lucy multiple times with her water and Lucy still came out with minimal bruises.

Once again it isn't the issue that Mirajane was bruised or took some damage from the books it is that she couldn't overpower them. Lucy was able to overpower Juvia water attack with Aquarius.

Water Jigsaw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sayla books

The fact that Mirajane couldn't overpower it doesn't bode well for Mirajane strength wise.
Similarly, if you're arguing why Mirajane cannot just destroy the books, then why can't Natsu just evaporate Juvia's water?

Even so, water shouldn't cause damage to anyone except when they drown in it. So the fact that Juvia's Water Jigsaw can still cause some damage without having to drown her opponent, means that objects powered by magic are different. The damage of the attack just depends on the user's MP.

Water Slicer

Here it shows Gray being hit/cut by it. In the anime, it sliced a stone column.

Water Nebula

Water Claw

So why is the water not that strong? Because Juvia's magic power isn't that high. So how can Seilah's books do damage? Because she has high attack power.

She used Curse magic to throw the books not enhance their strength. It would be the same as if Lamy was throwing the books. The books caused no area damage and showed no indication it possessed high attack power. Also the books were regular that Sayla used her Macro to throw. That is like saying someone using telekinesis to throw a book isn't throwing a regular book when by all means they are.

Your comparisons are off because you are comparing Sayla book attacks to attacks that far exceed it in power.
You're right here. I seemed to have overlooked that. I guess what I meant was that the books were fueled by Seilah's curse power (strength) which is why the speed at which it was thrown was faster than if Lamy would have thrown it, thus it does more damage. I guess this situation is more comparable to how a steel ball thrown at incredible speed would go through Silver.

Last edited:

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, maybe Bickslow wasn't a good example but how about Laxus vs Alexei/Ivan? If we're talking about overpower, I can ask the same question. Why was Laxus being affected by paper?

Laxus being sliced by a piece of paper is no different than Mirajane being bruised by books. I mean really, Alexei/Ivan is way weaker than Seilah. Also, most people would say that Laxus is stronger than Mirajane. So my question here is, why couldn't Laxus just casually stand there and catch all the paper with his bare hands? Or why didn't he just let it hit him instead of defending against it since no damage will be done? How about just burning them up? You see, objects associated with magical power are quite different.

Similarly, if you're arguing why Mirajane cannot just destroy the books, then why can't Natsu just evaporate Juvia's water?

Even so, water shouldn't cause damage to anyone except when they drown in it. So the fact that Juvia's Water Jigsaw can still cause some damage without having to drown her opponent, means that objects powered by magic are different. The damage of the attack just depends on the user's MP.

Water Slicer

Here it shows Gray being hit/cut by it. In the anime, it sliced a stone column.

Water Nebula

Water Claw

So why is the water not that strong? Because Juvia's magic power isn't that high. So how can Seilah's books do damage? Because she has high attack power.

You're right here. I seemed to have overlooked that. I guess what I meant was that the books were fueled by Seilah's curse power (strength) which is why the speed at which it was thrown was faster than if Lamy would have thrown it, thus it does more damage. I guess this situation is more comparable to how a steel ball thrown at incredible speed would go through Silver.

If you read my post correctly I clearly state that it isn't the fact that Mirajane is bruised by Sayla's books but that she can't over come them. Laxus overcame Ivan's paper. Also Juvia and Natsu have never fought so I don't see why that is relevant. Who said he couldn't evaporate Juvia's water?

Also you totally missed the point about the Juvia water and Lake water comparison. I was saying if they were used in the same condition which is still none moving water just that 1 is Juvia's water while the other is a Lake of water they would have the same exact effect on the target. Even then I don't see the point you are making with Juvia's water and Sayla's books because clearly Juvia's water is superior. It is bigger and more pressure is going into the attacks.

You are trying to say that those books hold the exact same or higher attack power then Juvia's water but I strongly disagree. It still stands though that Mirajane wasn't able to overpower it though. I have no problem with you saying Sayla or Mirajane is superior to Juvia or Meredy as neither are top tier.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you read my post correctly I clearly state that it isn't the fact that Mirajane is bruised by Sayla's books but that she can't over come them. Laxus overcame Ivan's paper. Also Juvia and Natsu have never fought so I don't see why that is relevant. Who said he couldn't evaporate Juvia's water?

Also you totally missed the point about the Juvia water and Lake water comparison. I was saying if they were used in the same condition which is still none moving water just that 1 is Juvia's water while the other is a Lake of water they would have the same exact effect on the target. Even then I don't see the point you are making with Juvia's water and Sayla's books because clearly Juvia's water is superior. It is bigger and more pressure is going into the attacks.

You are trying to say that those books hold the exact same or higher attack power then Juvia's water but I strongly disagree. It still stands though that Mirajane wasn't able to overpower it though. I have no problem with you saying Sayla or Mirajane is superior to Juvia or Meredy as neither are top tier.
Well, Mirajane did overcome them. She forced Seilah into her Etherious Form and even beat her in the end. It's the same as Laxus. Laxus was cut by Ivan's paper but destroyed him later on. So if you count one, you have to count the other. It is the same the other way around. Okay, I acknowledge Juvia and Natsu never fought so I will disregard that but I don't think it can happen.

No, water is not necessarily superior to books. Would you rather be sprayed by a water gun or get hit by a big wave at a beach or have someone throw books at you at the speed that a baseball travels? Anyways, that is besides the point because damage in Fairy Tail depends on magical power or curse power. Seilah obviously has more attack power than Juvia so that is why her damage would be more effective. I think Juvia's Water and the Lake Water is a very reasonable analogy. It's just that there is no argument to counter it.

Well, if Mirajane wasn't able to overpower the books according to you, then neither does anyone else because Mirajane actually defeated Seilah.

MirajaneStrauss

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Isn't on GMG, Erza and Mira has an equal stats which I believe is they're both equal.

But when Mashima, told us that Mira can win, I now believe that Hiro doesn't hate Mira at all. At least she gave credit to Mira's character.

Yes, some of her fights are disappointing, but atleast I'm very satisfied, that she was remarked as "Dangerous" by Seilah. And I'm contented with that. Lol

If you're truly a fan of Mira, you won't care if Erza has won many fights, what matters most is we do believe that she's powerful in her own way. She wouldn't be called as "Majin Mirajane" for nothing.

What I care about now? Is Mira getting married to Laxus. Lol ||hoping||

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't on GMG, Erza and Mira has an equal stats which I believe is they're both equal.

But when Mashima, told us that Mira can win, I now believe that Hiro doesn't hate Mira at all. At least she gave credit to Mira's character.
Hiro never said that and in the stats were said to be from Jason point of view in which alot of characters were missing states. Those weren't Hiro stats but Jasons.

MirajaneStrauss

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hiro never said that and in the stats were said to be from Jason point of view in which alot of characters were missing states. Those weren't Hiro stats but Jasons.
And the logic there dear, Hiro's the author. Jason's a fictional character created by Hiro. So Hiro used Jason to evaluate the characters during GMG

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
And the logic there dear, Hiro's the author. Jason's a fictional character created by Hiro. So Hiro used Jason to evaluate the characters during GMG
Hiro says that this is from jason's point of view not his.

MirajaneStrauss

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hiro says that this is from jason's point of view not his.
Who sketched Jason? Who created Jason? Isn't Mashima himself?

Ofcourse he used Jason as a channel to give his point of view towards his characters.

I don't wanna start something, so I'll just leave my last reply to you in here.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mirajane is by far one of the most underrated characters of Fairy Tail.

In my opinion, Mirajane is one of the few mages that actually deserve to be Fairy Tail's S-Class.

Not only is she strong mentally, but she is strong physically.

I refuse any assumptions and accusations that say otherwise. All the crap about her having "Little Feats = Not that strong" is utter bias.

As for Mira's development, she has one of the best pasts leading up to Fairy Tail.

As a kid, she was haunted by a strong demon, alongside Elfman and Lisanna.

But instead of acting like a coward, she 1v1 the demon and was able to take it over at a young age to defend what's left of her family.

Even when the stupid villagers banished her, she acted like the older sister and looked out for Elfman and Lisanna.

Her personality is the most dynamic and by far the best.

As a kid, she was the badass tough type of girl. But after Lisanna's death, she became more chilled and reserved.

Her Demon Takeover Magic is also one of the most coolest and interesting type of magic in FT.

Not only is it insanely powerful (yeah, that's right, screw all the lame ass "she needs feats" crap), but the forms are very versatile and obviously has one of the coolest designs.

Mirajane's death would have the most impact on the Fairy Tail Guild as a whole.

I'd even be willing to go as far and say that Fairy Tail would fall apart without Mirajane.

It's a shame that Mira doesn't get many spotlights and she is always getting degraded below Erza.

Just like how Gray gets degraded below his rival Natsu.

But then, imo, that's why I think Gray and Mirajane make a great, if not perfect couple. #GraymiFTW btw

All I can say is:

#FTNeedsMoreMirajaneSpotlights2016

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
GMG stats also showed sting was stronger than natsu :teehee
Mira should be able to give Ezra or laxus mid diff fight but we will never know since she is not used as important battle character.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
GMG stats also showed sting was stronger than natsu :teehee
Mira should be able to give Ezra or laxus mid diff fight but we will never know since she is not used as important battle character.
GMG stats? Link?

Ignoring Hiro Mashima's bias thing, Most characters < Erza = or < Mirajane < < Laxus = Jellal imo

Last edited:

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually don't remember GMG guide book was.
So I can't help you there. But compare natsu and sting chart if you find it ;)

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
People who say that Erza is stronger than Mirajane just ignore canon manga feats.

Seriously, Erza isn't as impressive as everyone think she is. The only reason why she is always overpowered is because she is undefeatable once she uses PoF. The only impressive feat she actually has (PoF excluded) is Nakagami Armor, which gives her the ability to break the laws of magic. Unfortunately, Mirajane wields curse power.

Now let's be realistic here. Erza is pretty useless once she is affected by Macro. And yes Erza fans, Macro can affect Erza since this is shown in the manga.

So we could say that:

Seilah >>>>>>>>>>>> Erza

Funny enough, Mirajane has a Seilah Take-Over. So:

Mirajane >>>>>>>>>>>> Erza

If you still can't understand this, no matter. We'll see the truth soon enough.

Last edited:

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
People who say that Erza is stronger than Mirajane just ignore canon manga feats.

Seriously, Erza isn't as impressive as everyone think she is. The only reason why she is always overpowered is because she is undefeatable once she uses PoF. The only impressive feat she actually has (PoF excluded) is Nakagami Armor, which gives her the ability to break the laws of magic. Unfortunately, Mirajane wields curse power.

Now let's be realistic here. Erza is pretty useless once she is affected by Macro. And yes Erza fans, Macro can affect Erza since this is shown in the manga.

So we could say that:

Seilah >>>>>>>>>>>> Erza

If you still can't understand this, no matter:

We can all agree who is stronger once chapter 492 is out.
Lol no
You are right macro should work on Ezra just like it should work on laxus
Once you convince laxus fans that Mira can low diff him. We can talk about how far Mira is above Ezra.

Depends on what you call impressive. You don't like pof
Well laxus isn't even a springgan tier without pof
So we can't use this argument much.
And beside its fairy tail.
Ezra will probably be second strongest good guy at the end
And Mira will get no fight importance thanks to mishma :no

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

So we could say that:

Seilah >>>>>>>>>>>> Erza

If you still can't understand this, no matter:

We can all agree who is stronger once chapter 492 is out.
Erza could fight Kyouka evenly even before this arc. How many seconds it took Sayla to destroy Mira?

That NLF isn't working on Erza until Mira proves it. Talk about this again once Mira starts controlling spriggans and alike.

Kyouka
Durability: 2600
Attack: 2700
Defense: 2500
Speed: 3000
Intel: 2900
Curse Power: 2700

Sayla
Durability: 1600
Attack: 1200 (2400 after macro powerup)
Defense: 1000
Speed: 800
Intel: 1800
Curse Power: 2000

These are official. Mira was getting blitzed by that 800 speed stat. Erza didn't have any problem keeping up with Kyouka's 3000.
Even Tartaros Erza can stomp her Sayla take over.

Last edited:

reesestl

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I think one of the biggest problems with Mira is merely transforming into one of her demons depletes a lot of magic. This happens even if she doesn't exert herself while in TO mode. SO she ends up wasting too much magic even against relatively weaker opponents.That doesn't happen with Erza who can adjust her magic to enemy power-level much better. This always put Mira at disadvantage compared to Erza, even though they are in the same power bracket.

Ultimateasus

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fujairah
There is no use discussing anymore. Mashima brought Irene just to fodderize Mira with the same scenario as the one with Azuma (MP depleting > a strong foe appears > starlight stolen by Erza).