Battle - Meleron and Gon vs The Chimera Ant King | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Meleron and Gon vs The Chimera Ant King

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Meleron and Gon are using God's Accomplice so the King has no idea they are there.

Gon is in normal mode. No macho gon. Gon charges up with JaJanken.

The King is reading a book. No guards. No nothing. His guard is down.

Meleron and Gon have one shot to kill the King with an undetected Jajanken.

Does it work?

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In the Ant arc we can pretty much see the Hunters greatly overestimated their ability to inflict any meaningful damage to the Ants. It's not that the Ants are immune to physical damage, but as you can see in the various matchups, they simply don't get affected by physical damage very much.

Meryem didn't have his guard up when he asked Netero to sit down and talk and was attacked instead, because you see him spit out some blood from the impact, and we know if his guard was up he literally takes no damage from anything Netero can do. If you put a Jajaken there instead all it'd do is make him cough up even more blood, but when you're talking about a species that can continue fighting with their head cut off, wounding them isn't going to mean much in the grand scheme of things.

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Gon is only a threat against Pitou. It was stated that Pitou would lose to pissed-off-Gon without aura - probably within seconds, otherwise Pitou would have enough time to put up his aura during the scuffle. Now the King is probably a little tougher than Pitou and Gon wouldn't be supercharged with hate. All in all I don't think one hit would do the job.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gon is only a threat against Pitou. It was stated that Pitou would lose to pissed-off-Gon without aura - probably within seconds, otherwise Pitou would have enough time to put up his aura during the scuffle. Now the King is probably a little tougher than Pitou and Gon wouldn't be supercharged with hate. All in all I don't think one hit would do the job.
I agree. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the aura for a Nen user equally spread on his body when he is doing nothing? Pitou was healing Komugi so her body was defenseless but for Meruem it would be different IMO, let's say he is reading a book, I am not sure he should be considered virtually naked like Pitou.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I agree. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the aura for a Nen user equally spread on his body when he is doing nothing? Pitou was healing Komugi so her body was defenseless but for Meruem it would be different IMO, let's say he is reading a book, I am not sure he should be considered virtually naked like Pitou.
Yes, it is. Nen users are almost always in a state of Ten, even when sleeping. In the case of Pitou, she was in a state similar to Zetsu, where she had absolutely zero Aura guarding her body. Similar to how Uvo was when Kurapika chained him.

On topic, I really don't think Gon's Janken would even put so much of a scratch against the King. He's taken hundreds of thousands of far more devastating attacks and barely felt a slight, dull pain.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meryem took a Rose at point blank range, and he doesn't seem like he's ready for it (he certainly was surprised by it) and he didn't die immediately from the impact. There's no way any attack delivered by a human is even in the same league as what the Rose can do.

Let's say a guy has this ability that creates a wound that never seals, which would break all kinds of rules of fairness, and he was able to wound Meryem. Meryem would still have more than enough time to kill everyone and then he'd probably die a few weeks later from the wound. Remember, even grunt ants can survive for a day having their head severed from their body. There's no way the Royal Guard or Meryem is less durable than that.

Meryem ripped his own arm off to apologize to Komugi, and he didn't even need to use any technique (like what Netero did, for example) to deal with the injury. It's pretty clear he wasn't planning to kill himself over a game, so we can imply that at his level, losing an arm and its associated wound does not bother him. Note that this doesn't mean he takes no damage. Obviously he's down an arm in this case but the fact that he took enough damage to lose an arm doesn't actually slow him down at all. So there's no way you can open with a surprise attack and try to push for an advantage, because even if you took an arm from Meryem he suffers no penatly beyond having only one arm left.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
But no suffer damage and be surprised are not the same thing. I can still be surprised by an attack but feel nothing and Meruem was surprised by Netero's attacks at first but it didn't bother him because he thought he had understood everything about it thus the reason his strategy was just to attack. Ripping his own arm off is a voluntary action, Meruem is extremely proud he could have bet his life on a game, in fact he would have done it if Komugi had accepted his gamble.

A Rock + God's Accomplice combo would surprise him but it wouldn't kill him.

Last edited:

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meryem isn't going to kill himself over losing a game with Komugi. Otherwise he'd already be dead. He is proud but he's not someone who throws away his life on a game, so the fact that he felt no need to be treated for losing an arm means even that level of wound is hardly life threatening to him.

Nobody in the series has even come close to doing enough damage to take an arm off Meryem, so even if he somehow sustained that level of damage from a surprise attack, he'd still be able to recover fine. He might lose an arm permanently but his life is still never in question.

tupadre97

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
No adult gon? Meruem wont even noticed he got hit. After melerons breath runs out he one shots the both.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meryem took a Rose at point blank range, and he doesn't seem like he's ready for it (he certainly was surprised by it) and he didn't die immediately from the impact. There's no way any attack delivered by a human is even in the same league as what the Rose can do.
Given how critically injured Meryem was after getting hit by the Poor Man's Rose
and the fact that it took BOTH Pouf and Youpi's cells to heal him I have little doubt
that although Meryem didn't die IMMEDIATELY he wouldn't have lasted much longer.

I mean for goodness sake he looked like a friggin charcoal briquette.
Even he could have survived he would be rendered utterly useless in combat
for at least a good while or perhaps even never. Either way it looked bad.

This is of course WITHOUT concerning the poisonous effects of the Poor Man's Rose
but simply the destructive force. With the poison, Meryem is a dead ant walking no matter what the damage is.

But yes there is no human attack on Rose level...and frankly I hope there never is.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given how critically injured Meryem was after getting hit by the Poor Man's Rose
and the fact that it took BOTH Pouf and Youpi's cells to heal him I have little doubt
that although Meryem didn't die IMMEDIATELY he wouldn't have lasted much longer.

I mean for goodness sake he looked like a friggin charcoal briquette.
Even he could have survived he would be rendered utterly useless in combat
for at least a good while or perhaps even never. Either way it looked bad.

This is of course WITHOUT concerning the poisonous effects of the Poor Man's Rose
but simply the destructive force. With the poison, Meryem is a dead ant walking no matter what the damage is.

But yes there is no human attack on Rose level...and frankly I hope there never is.
What I mean is you need that kind of level power to actually kill him in one blow. I'm assuming here defeating Meryem means the attacker also survives. If the point is to just do a double KO you can just have Meleoron strap on a Rose and blow himself up and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.