Shounen - Marry Grave by Hidenori Yamaji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Marry Grave by Hidenori Yamaji

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Marry Grave

by Hidenori Yamaji

Shounen, Fantasy
Shonen Sunday Magazine (first serialised Dec 13, 2017)​

Synopsis
The lonesome vagabond, Riseman Sawyer, is following the trail of myriads of ingredients required for a peculiar magic.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Thanks for making this thread.

I am huge fan of this new series. First of all, the setting is really interesting, as is the main character, mainly because of its art. I must say that the art is very nice. E.g. the punch of the dark fairy in chapter 3... So cool.

Our main character might get a first ally in his quest and ennemies are at the moment kept under wraps.

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
One of the better new mangas. The setting and the themes might not be something we haven't seen before, but the execution is good so far and the characters are charming. Sawyer is a loveable dork and Rosalie sounds like an awesome heroine.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Fourth Chapter has been released, we can speak of a mini-arc/story wherein Swayer is finding an ally. The dark fairy Jean has created a loniless because of all the sadness she feels from surviving her fairy friends.

She met Rosalee and I wonder if more background will be given. It’s cool to see more of Rosalee that way
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A lot of people seem to be unaware of this manga series; going by how lively this thread is.

Anyway, the latest chapter was some nice background information. Rosalee met Jean... I wonder why the hidden town is found

cody

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Can we get a sticky going for Marry Grave please? @Brandish

It would be a nice way to get this manga get more attention and I feel like it will stay around for a while and well since Soukyuu no Ariadne got a sticky so can this :P

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It may end up being stickied later (depending on activity, how well the series is going, etc).

I am thinking to read this. Skimmed chapter 7 (I think it was) and liked the fight.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
It may end up being stickied later (depending on activity, how well the series is going, etc).

I am thinking to read this. Skimmed chapter 7 (I think it was) and liked the fight.
Please do read it, it's quite awesome. I hope it does get stickied, since there isn't much that's stickied for I-R. It is from Sunday and there are dedicated translators for it already, so we should be getting weekly chapters all the time.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
It’s focusing on a story. Not on an original way, since it’s about a lonesome hero on a search who slightly ends up with allies.

The art is the first reason why I like this one + the whole unknow surprise: you do not know where the story is going to head to.

Last chapter was great. I do think, we’ll have our first antagonist (not: villain)

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Chapter 15 - Witch of Calamity.

Rosalie is quickly becoming one of my favorite female characters from currently ongoing shonen manga, she's the greatest. The art has continued to be incredible and the monster designs are truly spectacular. I wish more people were reading this manga, it's a classic style adventure done right, with some really interesting story telling twists to spice things up!

Edit: Let's not forget that Sawyer is also a great mc. Looking back at some of the previous chapters, it's good to know that he has some sort of a weakness.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just caught up to this and, this is really good.

The story is simple, yet it's cohesive and engaging and it has some really good character moments. I'm loving that we are seeing both Sawyer's and Rosalie's adventures side by side. As Cody said, she's quickly become one of the better female characters in Shounen, and she's freaking dead. I'm liking Jean as well, and hope to see her get some more moments in the future. Rock came out guns a blazing as well. He seems like he'll have an interesting story.

I like the world building here. I can already tell things are going to open up majorly once we get to the first major arc. The fights should be really interesting once it really gets going.

Really like the art. Like the story, it's simple, not particularly stylized or detailed, but it's really distinct.

So yeah, I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
So I just caught up to this and, this is really good.

The story is simple, yet it's cohesive and engaging and it has some really good character moments. I'm loving that we are seeing both Sawyer's and Rosalie's adventures side by side. As Cody said, she's quickly become one of the better female characters in Shounen, and she's freaking dead. I'm liking Jean as well, and hope to see her get some more moments in the future. Rock came out guns a blazing as well. He seems like he'll have an interesting story.

I like the world building here. I can already tell things are going to open up majorly once we get to the first major arc. The fights should be really interesting once it really gets going.

Really like the art. Like the story, it's simple, not particularly stylized or detailed, but it's really distinct.

So yeah, I'm enjoying this quite a bit.
I really appreciate a simple story with great straightforward execution. We need more manga like this one in shonen, especially right now.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a wrap up of the story started last chapter. Still good though. I wonder what we're building up to with Rosalie's reveal as a powerful magic user.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Chapter 16 - Mermaid Scales

This was really heartwarming. I think this is one of the few manga out there where I can say I look forward to flashbacks.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking like Atos might be the next teammate. Potentially, anyway. I can see them destroying the books, if that's possible, to free him up from his promise. He'll probably follow them to collect the other books that are out there in place of his master. Speaking of whom, I doubt this is really the master. If it is, then it's likely he's been affected by the Recipe. He might be the first hint at our overarching antagonist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Welp, Atos isn't the next teammate, but it seems like we are getting ready to be introduced to our overarching antagonist still.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Flashback is a bit out of nowhere, but it'll be interesting to see where it leads. Dante isn't leaving much of a unique impression, but with the obvious shift in relationship, I wonder how he'll be now.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well I checked some raws and I can say to you, the flashback will lead to something. Dante - for me - is what Sawyer is truly like but hasn’t shown yet. I ain’t talking about behaviour but more about skills he has.

Anyway, the story has a slow pace, but it is interesting. The pieces are falling into each other.

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I've been following this for a handful of weeks now.

Really good stuff

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I've been following this for a handful of weeks now.

Really good stuff
Good.You may also like Kimetsu no Yaiba and The Promised Neverland mangas',something similar to this.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I though Dante was an adult, but I guess he's a teenager. And Rosaline is strong as hell.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just binged the series, like it so far. Good use of flashback, and they aren't waiting too long to reveal things, especially about Rosalie. Hope this sticks around.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh dear, it looks like we have our major antagonists now.