Feedback - MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Tayz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: vBulletin 4.1 feedback thread

Well it is a bit unusual that's true...need time to get used to it...did you find anything strange or problematic so far?
no problems so far :)

Monsterguy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Please read my whole suggestion:

Would it be possibile to change the theme?

Many members, really like the previous black one.

So I'm suggesting that members "logged in" would be able to go in settings menu where they would be able to change it in other colours (among them there would also be the black one like before). All that changes would be the "apperance/colour" but not the "functions" of the site !!!

Also job well done with some functions wich did not exist in previous versions or they didn't work. Remember that even if you have "almost" half members complaining about the new design and bugs, I must tell you that there are "more" than half who are still happy.

For future inconveniences, I also suggest that if "a lot of people" are uncomfortable with some particilar setting, than you should just offer them a setting to change that particular issue.

For exemple: Like "quote in italic" someone(k-dom) before me mentioned.
You should just include in "Settings" menu "a sub menu for setting a theme" and "a sub menu for setting all shown words". With this members would be able to adjust everything to their own wishes but you would still place some limits on how much they can change things, although this would still be only the advantage of those members who are registered and "logged in".

Yay , only a few hours have passed and I already have no idea what a bug is... :XD

Thanks to all developers "mangahelpers" is still one of my favorite, and keep up with good work everybody.

PS: But of course, everything can also be solved with good "skins" !!!
Would they be available?
I would be interested how to install them and where to find them, when and "IF" they would come out?

Last edited:

damane08

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: vBulletin 4.1 feedback thread

Is it possible to change the theme as it was before? I have been searching and I still can't find a way to do it.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I would have to double check with the techs, but I believe the coding for the dark themes was not compatible with vB4. Otherwise they would have been available. All of our themes were coded in house, not from templates. Hopefully we will have some new themes in the future.

We do try give members control over settings, but keep in mind not everything is optional. Certain things, for example quotes in italics, are standard vB4 templates, new code would have to be written to override.

[kaiten]merged the vB4.1 thread with this thread.[/kaiten]

Last edited:

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Like Monsterguy said no real bug but rather some cosmetic uneasiness.
The feeling that sometime, the text is too small wrt the rest. That is particular visible in the thanks part. The thanker are smaller than the buttons to thank. Also the view first unread button, it took me a while to find it :-)

I'm using firefox, and it seems the default size of the post is not really well adapted. If you just have a few line, there is a huge gap between the text and the signature. It appears better on my ipod.

Good job anyway

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The space between the end of the post and the signature is known. It's a default of vB4, and the longer the post is the smaller the space will be. The spacer between the message body and the signature is perpendicular to where your postbit ends. In the older version it would start at the end of the avatar. I agree it's ugly and distracting, it's being looked into. This is remedied by switching the postbit to horizontal rather than vertical, but that's up to you in the General Settings.

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
yep, cosmetic uneasiness. And I'd been using the dark theme FOR YEARS since I'd been with MH. I just really wanted it back :/

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yay for upgrading to vB4!
I was in same confusion state the first time I went to a vB4 forum. I suppose it takes time to get used to this new style, even for me who have been to places which used vB4 before, because each style in each site is different and unique. So don't worry if you have confusion with this new theme. XD I also love the dark theme, to be honest. I would very happy to see it back to be used again here, but I suppose you guys should focus on making sure that things run well on this upgraded software before moving on to re-coding the old dark style.

Thank you very much for the hard work! :D

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Another remark, I think my main problem is the new thank bar.
As I already say, the thank buttons take to much place wrt the thankee names. That makes one barely see the difference between a post thanked and one which is not. Is it possible to put them below the avatar and the thankee below the post like it was before ? Also there is this 2 big dark separation which make me think that every post is the beginning or the end of the thread.

Also is there somewhere a list of the new features that this new version bring. Because yet, beside the design and the Like button , nothing has really struck me.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The previous post hack for vb3.6 isn't compatible, so we had to take what we could get with this alternative. Even then, this new one isn't the premium version which offers more customization. That might change though.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not a bug, but...
Threads are closing with 1983 posts now. They used to close with 2502 posts.
New limit in V4? Is it going to stay at this limit?

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I experienced a thread closing at 177x ish so I'm very unsure about the fixed timing myself. *calls 911-Fuzzinator* for feedback.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
fixed

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having trouble uploading a new sig and avatar. I keep getting an error message of "Unable to save image".

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Something's that's been bothering me ever since i started doing reviews is a list of all reviewers/artists/translators/Manga Editors/proofreaders(tho i never saw any on MH)/and all the others who have a colored username.

I mean a list, like that one where all the Staff members are written. As to why such a list should exist. First of all and the main reason, more people will found out about othere reviewers / artists etc.

I don't think it's gonna take to much time and the effect should be big enough to consider it a worthy addition to this forum.

From me i can add, that up until recently i lived with the knowledge that there are only 4 reviewers here on MH (big 3 reviewer's + myself :p), however when i was surfing through some forums i suddenly saw someone else, who had written "Chapter Reviewer" under his Nick, but if there would've been such a list i'd known him already and might be already commenting his reviews, instead of writing here, that we need such a list.

fooo, such a long post :faint

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
While we do not want to exclude anyone, adding all usergroups would result in a list of over 600 names. vBulletin does not have the option of creating separate lists, so all usergroups would be in one massive list. Active translators should be easy to find, as releases can be tracked on the homepage. Translators can be listed as "favorite" too, so that a link to every new script appears in your shout box. Active artists are easy to find as they are allowed galleries in art and stories. Reviewers obviously post reviews. Manga Editors don't have the presence they used to, since we stopped hosting releases, but the directory of Edited Manga groups is still available. The purpose of an auto-generated staff list is so everyone can easily find out who to contact, should they have an issue. As for hand typing a list of usergroups: I personally am not typing all 600 names out, nor would I ask anyone else to.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I realized that "thank this post" button and "like this post" button is now integrated to the post itself, which seems great to me. But then, the black box "Post Thanks/Like" is still below each posts, even when that post is not thanked or liked (yet). It looks weird to stand all alone there, so I wonder if it can be removed? So that only posts which receive thanks or likes would have that black box below it. :)

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think the techs were playing around back then. It seems to be gone now (except for posts with thanks/likes) :)

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Eh? No, it's still there, except on our own posts, of course. :O

[sally]Oh, you're right :blink I could've sworn it wasn't there when I was making my post though :XD[/sally]

[kaiten]It was there for a while Sally. Looks like it is something they are working on, but isn't quite ready.[/kaiten]

Last edited by a moderator:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Celebrating BBB geting his own smiley, i think there should be a thread, where all users can submit smileys they want to be added. If they made them themselves and the admins decide them worthy of adding, they should get the name of the one who created it :bbb