Mangahelpers Body Improvement Club by Desin24 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mangahelpers Body Improvement Club by Desin24

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's also missing a punishment to be a proper pledge 😈
I'll swap out the bench aim for the club. I will still complete it.

Aim - completely replace drinking coffee with drinking green tea (no add-ins except lemon)
Timeline - implement (Jan 11th '21) and full compliance (all of Feb '21)
Bet - if I cannot complete the above I will wear a punishment avatar of desin's choosing for all of March '21.

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Oh I'm not so advanced to even be able to tell what that means. But there are these beginner friendly yoga challanges on youtube. One of them I already tried like three times, never made it past day 4 or 5. Not because it's hard or anything, but my will was so weak. So I am trying to pull this one through now.

Just finished my day 1 and already encountered some demotivational stuff. Like I don't have a matt here, doing it on this plastic carpet, which comes with some extra challenges itself. Once the palms get sweaty gets slippy so not so easy maintain the endurance focused stretch positions. Have to figure something out, or just do what's possible and then add in some alternative exercises.

But anyways, I'm off to a start, so got the ball rolling. :thumbs
Noice, gotta keep it going. My little trick when I started with yoga or any exercise that is meant to be done daily is to "use the power of x". Basically take a plain old calendar and make an x for every day you did your session. Once the chain gets going you will not want to break it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sounds easy but it was hell. Cutting sugar was the easy part but cutting off the bad food was terrible.

Nah I'm still overweight so I gotta keep going.
So you wanna set a goal here in relation to that? You can also do it like Evil and add a "doing x amount of walking, BW exercises,..." x times a week which is probably nicer as a goal since weight loss can be tricky with fluctuations and the festive season approaching.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'll swap out the bench aim for the club. I will still complete it.

Aim - completely replace drinking coffee with drinking green tea (no add-ins except lemon)
Timeline - implement (Jan 11th '21) and full compliance (all of Feb '21)
Bet - if I cannot complete the above I will wear a punishment avatar of desin's choosing for all of March '21.
very nice, would you consider yourself dependent on caffeine?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm not addicted but do drink 1-3 cups/working day, and have noticed it affect sleep. So it's gone :hmph :handgun

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I'm not addicted but do drink 1-3 cups/working day, and have noticed it affect sleep. So it's gone :hmph :handgun
It's kind of part of "working culture" isn't it? Taking a coffee break or starting a conversation by asking if someone else wants a coffee and so on. Here it's really bad with smoking and gets a lot of people pissed off because smokers take their smoking breaks rather regularly and are usually paid during that time :teehee

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's kind of part of "working culture" isn't it? Taking a coffee break or starting a conversation by asking if someone else wants a coffee and so on. Here it's really bad with smoking and gets a lot of people pissed off because smokers take their smoking breaks rather regularly and are usually paid during that time :teehee
It is a part of that culture I suppose, and also coffee drinking is fashionable. I can't get into that side of it, like going to a cafe. It's good to have a hot drink to get going.

Smokers get it bad everywhere, I feel sorry for em.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Did a 7km run today with 7 and 14 km runs as preparation as long as I am still waiting for my goddamn shoes. Did it in 40 minutes so I will probably have to correct my time goal down. I can never hold that pace for 2 hours for the 21km but 2h45 minutes may be a bit too much time to beat. Kinda happy though because I checked my time from the half-marathon three years ago and it was 3h 13 minutes lmao.

How's everyone else doing? Still keeping the pledges?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Nice work Desin, go for as much as you can, and then a bit further.

How's everyone else doing? Still keeping the pledges?
I bought a tea pot made of glass which hasn't been delivered. It's cute. Will need a matching glass to go with, only got a couple whiskey tumblers and dimple stein glasses in my cupboard. I have no idea how to 'best extract' tea yet, but this is a learning process. Once my coffee stash, the "Latino Love Child", is finished, I won't have any excuses left.

So I'm in that phase everybody accomplishes - buying stuff to make it look like I'm starting and feel like I've achieved something, which I haven't. We'll see how I am doing in two months time.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Done did it. Certainly not at 100% after getting a bit sick AND STILL NO MOTHERFUCKING RUNNING SHOES. Today we had 11° Celsius and Xmas is coming so it's good to burn some calories in advance.

I can tell you that it is not exactly a pleasant experience. The first 15km were fine and my pace was 6:32 per km but holy hell my hips don't lie but they hurt. I use to get the pain when running 5ks on too many consecutive days but usually not while running. Either way did it in 2h 26min and you will be spared from hearing my "singing".

Hope everyone else is doing well. Enjoy the Christmas festivities, 2020 was tough enough the way it was. Take care everyone and don't forget about your pledges ;)

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hi, i am fat please help
Hi fat please help, I am overused dad joke

Well, it's best to get started with something smaller that you can do consistently. IMO those goals are better than losing x amount of weight because you are not fixated on a stupid number going down. Building good habits takes you farther and brings more benefits long term. It all depends on where you are starting and where you want to get. Also if you want to spice it up and get a bit hardcore there are some nice bodyweight workout programs to get into.

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
This is hard , if I run my knee will give out, I can do any arm exercises since my right arm is a dummy now ( a hole in the bone)

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
This is hard , if I run my knee will give out, I can do any arm exercises since my right arm is a dummy now ( a hole in the bone)
Oh geez, your poor arm, hurts just to read!
That means you need to adjust your methods and take even greater care when it comes to diet. Intermittent fasting works wonders for me so I'd recommend a try if you are a shonen glutton, like me. Getting rid of sugar in your diet does wonders as well. You can't outrun your fork so that's the most important aspect of your journey. As for the knees, swimming would put the least strain on them but is problematic during this aidsbola crisis. I lost my first 20kg in half a year simply by going for walks early in the morning to get the day started and another walk in the evenings. A faster pace and Heartrate between 110 and 120 puts you into a nice zone that should not be too taxing on your knees but still burn calories. Apropos calories, myfitnesspal may be annoying in the beginning but once you set up your meals and get used to it, being aware of your intake becomes second nature.

Apart from that, Yoga is medicine and there are so many exercises that you can build a program that fits your body best and helps you not only avoid injuries but also strengthen your body. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't challenge yourself though. Yoga can make you sweat buckets if you take it seriously and you just feel better from it. You can join Herms on a Yoga retreat.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
when will my stand awaken already :doge
Gotta take an arrow to the knee I fear. Unless the hole in your arm comes from the Arrow and it didn't regenerate properly yet. Your stand should manifest soon followed by spontaneous posing.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm down for this.

:toc

Here it's really bad with smoking

Smoking cigarettes is a leading cause of male impotence btw.

(Can't get it up).

Only the basics.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I set up my tea pledge today but didn't drink it. Will improve on that by the end of the week.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Been on a bit of a break this month due to being sick and now quarantine due to corona in my house. (Still no positive test though but a couple of symptoms).

Been thinking a lot about what I can/should do in this situation so I decided to go for something more flexible? Kinda.

Pledge:

Starting today 11.01. until 31.01 I need to have at least 40 Active Zone Minutes (Heartrate over 110 = 1x Minutes Heartrate over 140 =2x Minutes). I know the Fitbit is not 100% accurate but at least it means I am moving and not just laying around useless.

Punishment:

Jump into the Danube for an icy bath.

@Evil3ye How about you? Feeling ready for a rematch?
@Brandish μ How's the Green Tea? Lol, you just posted in here. Good luck with the Tea
@SirSamuel016 WHERE IS YOUR PLEDGE?

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I pledge myself to the teachings of Darth Desin the fit

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I pledge myself to the teachings of Darth Desin the fit
I actually am watching clone wars atm. Coincidence or is it The Force?