Question - Manga studio #5 material installation help . | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Manga studio #5 material installation help .

MikuHinatamangaka

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
A few days ago I got a brand new Huion drawing tablet and it came with Manga stdio @5 (base program.) I already have the program installed but I need to install the materials to be able to make my manga series and many others.

When I go to install the material I can go find the material folder to try and install it, but when I select it and click OK, it doesn't show the materials in the bar above 'select materials."

Am I doing something wrong? Help would be appreciated a LOT. :)

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Did you unzip the folder? It has to be a normal unzipped folder. Well I don't know if yours was zipped in the first place...

Anyway, there isn't supposed to be a problem, the process is pretty much:

1. Unzip the included archive to your hard drive.

2. Launch Manga Studio 5.

3. Installing Materials

● Windows users: Select [File] menu → [Material installation].
● Mac OS X users: Select [Manga Studio] menu → [Material installation].

When the message confirming the start of the material installer displays, click [Yes].

4. The Install Material pop up window will appear. Click [Select Material].

5. Search for the Material folder that was created when you unzipped the archive in step 1. Select the Material folder. Click [OK].

6. Click [Install].

7. When the Install Material message displays, click [Yes]. Installation of the material starts and its progress is indicated.

8. When installation of the material completes, a confirmation message is displayed. Click [OK].

9. When you are finished, click [Finish].

(that's a guide that I found online.)

something I do remember is that you only select the folder, you don't need to select the files inside it. It knows by itself.

MikuHinatamangaka

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you unzip the folder? It has to be a normal unzipped folder. Well I don't know if yours was zipped in the first place...

Anyway, there isn't supposed to be a problem, the process is pretty much:

1. Unzip the included archive to your hard drive.

2. Launch Manga Studio 5.

3. Installing Materials

● Windows users: Select [File] menu → [Material installation].
● Mac OS X users: Select [Manga Studio] menu → [Material installation].

When the message confirming the start of the material installer displays, click [Yes].

4. The Install Material pop up window will appear. Click [Select Material].

5. Search for the Material folder that was created when you unzipped the archive in step 1. Select the Material folder. Click [OK].

6. Click [Install].

7. When the Install Material message displays, click [Yes]. Installation of the material starts and its progress is indicated.

8. When installation of the material completes, a confirmation message is displayed. Click [OK].

9. When you are finished, click [Finish].

(that's a guide that I found online.)

something I do remember is that you only select the folder, you don't need to select the files inside it. It knows by itself.
The thing is the material folder wont show up in the installation bar after I select the folder and hit OK. It acts like I never even did anything.

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Ah, I'm sorry, it's been too long since I installed mine so I don't remember exactly. I just remember it being a super easy process.

Well, good luck with that.

MikuHinatamangaka

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm starting to get super worried about it.

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Did you try just downloading materials online and seeing if you can install those?

but anyway, manga studio has a lot to offer even without the materials, and the screentones it generates without them are pretty okay.

in situations like this, I think the most important thing is to remember to keep drawing and practicing with the tools you DO have!

TitaniumChloride

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Is it possible that you're using a trial version? That's the one that usually comes bundled with tablets. Use of materials is disabled in the tial version.