Discussion - Manga and Anime Recommendations for when NNT Ends | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Manga and Anime Recommendations for when NNT Ends

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Something, I mean a manga :awe

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
For the one I already recommended to you yes, it's houseki no kuni

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
For the one I already recommended to you yes, it's houseki no kuni
I will today then.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Gallon do you have any suggestions?

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
My recommendations would be Yakusoku no Neverland, Shingeki no Kyojin, and Vinland Saga, but you've already mentioned all three. :p

I will likely start reading the Kimetsu no Yaiba manga.

The Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Country
France
So I started reading "Kenja no Mago"
It's a Isekai fantasy and little bit ecchi manga type
The Main Char is really OP ans cool
Story isn't bad
The bad guys are strong and don't die easily
And it's pretty chill to read
The Anime has start this month (3 ep)

It's not that bad, I would recommand it

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Well most of the manga I could recommend already been recommended but if I had to recommend sth, it is sth I already recommended to you long ago but u yet to catch up, the only one who did was @revo :hmph (with erin close by)

Houseki no kuni a manga inspired by real gems for the character are immortal but because of that, change is sth unnatural for them because of their inability of letting go and moving on, meet phos the gem who wants to change as their want to be usefull to everyone around them, it's also have a lot of Buddhism reference in it considering the mamgaka studied Buddhism and was a nurse.
The main antagonist are the lunarians that wants the gems and attack them to take them to the moon for mysterious reasons, that's why the gems try their hardest to fight back or to give support by other jobs

There's an other manga that I could recommend but it's in haitus been a while that it's been updated, won't give any things about it but the name of the manga

How I Stalked Some Dude with an Exposed Nipple and Stumbled Upon the Zenithian Sword

:kappa

Kuroshitsuji or black butler but you already read that arjuna, so this recommendation is more to others

Tongari Boushi no Atelier

All these are great recommendations

I started Atelier and Kuni and everyone I suggest you will love it.

@Ger do you have any suggestions?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So I started reading "Kenja no Mago"
It's a Isekai fantasy and little bit ecchi manga type
The Main Char is really OP ans cool
Story isn't bad
The bad guys are strong and don't die easily
And it's pretty chill to read
The Anime has start this month (3 ep)

It's not that bad, I would recommand it
It's a light novel originally, you should better read it if it's translations are available,it will be more detailed than the manga.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
autophagy regulation------> this series is so underrated

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
My recommendations would be Yakusoku no Neverland, Shingeki no Kyojin, and Vinland Saga, but you've already mentioned all three. :p
Great minds tend to think alike.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
https://mangahub.io/manga/feng-shen-ji

summery: The Great Shang dynasty has been in power for many years but the Gods find fault with the new emperor. Instead of submitting to their will at the expense of his people, the Emperor resolves to throw off the Gods' yoke and free humanity. However, not only the Gods but a rival, the young Zhou who submits to the Gods' will for his own purposes will face him! The fate of the dynasty, nay, the fate of all humanity will be determined by this great battle between the forces of Heaven and Earth!

Not a very good summery considering it covers what amounts to the prologue and MC's backstory, and there's a few things I would find distasteful, but only in how some powers and characters are initially introduced. Overall, an excellent and very violent read. Descent to good character development, MC grows amazingly, very good plot and oh it's colored. The artwork makes NNT look like garbage. And I stand by that statement. The artists of this work are excellent and the manwua is beautiful.

That means the action scenes are literally ON FIRE!:datass

It can be beautiful and fantastic...

And violent...

For NNT fans specifically:

-It's got a far less... invasive romance subplot, that does not get as romantic as some might appreciate
-excellent fight choreography, ranging from descent to mindblowing
-unique powers and abilities aplenty
-including racial specific abilities
-you want to see a proper Holy War? Zehahahahah!
-this series got Holy War. Lots of it. Done right.
-"demons" vs. "goddesses?" Not quite, but it gives something much better
-the Main Character is an actual person who develops and grows. He's a resourceful, cunning, manipulative, something of a magnificent bastard...
-but with a heart that actually grows from a snobby, selfish prince to a great brash but caring leader
-disappointed with how the Demon King turned out? Well...
-then read Feng Shen Ji, and you can experience the presence of a true ruler. Tian literally turns the world grey, black and white at his coming, and strikes one heck of an unsettling and impressive image.
-disappointed with the goddesses? With how Mael turned out with those... socks...? Wanted an awesome Winged Warrior in the vein of an archangel? Well... let there be disappointment no more! In just a few short chapters you will experience a character that more than makes up for the lack of design taste in Mael's design, and later, you will experience quite the impressive display of power from similar beings, as well.
-wanted more complicated antagonists with actual substance? Look no further! In fact, you may find the main antagonist's predicament very similar to one found in NNT. But done far better and tragically
-want the protagonists to struggle? By the time you get through a certain point (the beginning onwards), you will be biting your nails and suspending your disbelief as to how the protagonists are even alive. Some heroes don't, either
-want useful side characters? There's tons of these in FSJ.
-Smelting Aura is incredible and there's a whole arc based on it. What is Smelting Aura? You want to know, really, especially if you liked the ability Darkness gave demons in NNT to fashion weapons and the like
-want the Main Character to win not by the hax magic he suddenly decided to use, but instead by the savage strength of his arms combined with the brilliant wits of his mind? The MC for FSJ gets a strange mixture of powers that maximize his strategic personality. He rarely wins his fights in straight up fisticuffs, though there's plenty of curbstomps where they are appropriate. There's also awesome side characters who get to shine, too! Imagine that!
-but FSJ exists and I've read it so I don't have to imagine
-fanservice? Sadly not as much as we guys might prefer, but there are a few I can still recall who will leave you drooling. Female readers need not fret, either. Most of them are built like Ban and Escanor and don't seem to know what shirts are for.
-Zi Yu is probably one of my all-time favorite characters. If he was in my world I'd put him in my pirate crew. You thought Zeldoris' swordsmanship was impressive? You think Zoro is impressive in OP? Hah! They don't even begin to touch Zi Yu. You don't know what badass swordsman means until you've seen his Smelting Sword Aura and summon his blade, Heaven Punisher.
-want a plot that's not predictable? This is subjective to the reader, but you will find the beginning, which is full of twists and turns, hardly easy to predict
-FSJ has a wonderful ending. The prologue hits ALL THE NOTES. All of them. It wraps everything up in a surprising but satisfying way. You won't see it coming.
-Artwork. Can't mention this enough. It has its flaws. Wounds and actual blood loss are censured for some bizarre reason. But it's still excellent nonetheless. And if you're not into excessive gore, which I'm not, then this is a great compromise.
-thought the goddesses were arrogant? You ain't seen arrogance yet
-seriously, if you've read this whole post you could already be five chapters in seeing if I'm right. Go read Feng shen Ji now!
-you won't regret it, even if it's only the first six or so chapters

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san is one of the best manga of all time with queen of cute: Takagi-san! Vote for Takagi in Waifu Wars!!

Other random recs:
Battle hype - Black Clover, Kingdom, Edens Zero, Prince of Tennis
Creepy horror - A Trail of Blood
Cozy romance - Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi
Leisurely afternoon read on a rainy day - Undercurrent, Usemono Yado, Gon
Slice of fun - Yotsuba&!

Vote Takagi-san in Waifu Wars!!!

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Btw I will suggest Kingdom and Vinland Saga if you like war manga,there war is portrayed in a real way.

@shipleyy do you have any suggestions?

@Tragicdeath

Tragicdeath

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh this is not about that Estarossa thingy.lol.

Well I dont know if you guys have been reading black clover. It has anime at the same time manga. If youre watching anime its still kinda boring. But if youre following manga its getting really interesting. The character developments, power scaling and the story is well balanced. Great thing about this shonen is it gives us hope like Goku and Naruto have been giving us the entire time. Asta is born with anomally without any trace of magic in 3 region of kingdoms that everyone suppose to have. But Asta never gives up to be the magic emperor which governs or rule in every region because he has this aspiration that everyone should be treated equal no matter if you come from a poor family or from a royalty. Because in his era their is a division between a royal family from peasants or poor family. Asta comes from a poor orphanage family because when he was still young he was dropped from a chappel or mini church and the priest was the one who brought him up and in Asta childhood day a Nun arrived to his orphan family and Asta has this crazy idea that he will marry the Nun as long as it takes because he fell love at first sight.bwahahaha. Its a funny story but as Ive said it gives us hope that never gives up no matter what the odds lies ahead like Goku have been showing us. By the way despite being born without magic a very rare grimoire, 5 clover chose him, which gives him the oppurtunity to fight those OP oppenents because Asta is broke as fuck because of the anti magic power he possess of the grimoire he was bestowed. Its a noteworthy to read not only because the grimoire book is base on true to life story of magic used by witches and practices summoning the devil like the grand grimoire in real life, culture like NNTverse thats been giving us ever since but most importantly the hope that there is no such thing as a loser ven though you are born as a loser as long as you have faith and have the good heart to help everyone and protect your family and everyone. Well Im not really a geek like @eefrit is about this series maybe he can explain more how great this shonen is.

shipleyy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Btw I will suggest Kingdom and Vinland Saga if you like war manga,there war is portrayed in a real way.

@shipleyy do you have any suggestions?

@Tragicdeath
I’m not reading too much at the moment. I’ve been super busy with work lately. I’m currently catching up on Promised Neverland and One Punch still and I just went back to re-read Parasyte.
Other than that, I haven’t had too much going on. Any suggestions you or anyone else has, I would appreciate it.

Oh and I did just finish Tokyo Ghoul for the first read. It’s a shame the anime didn’t stay loyal to the manga at all.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I’m not reading too much at the moment. I’ve been super busy with work lately. I’m currently catching up on Promised Neverland and One Punch still and I just went back to re-read Parasyte.
Other than that, I haven’t had too much going on. Any suggestions you or anyone else has, I would appreciate it.

Oh and I did just finish Tokyo Ghoul for the first read. It’s a shame the anime didn’t stay loyal to the manga at all.
Did you read it's sequel TG:Re?

shipleyy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you read it's sequel TG:Re?
I did not, I’m going to probably pick that up next.
and of course you know I am super into SnK. I actually really enjoy the spin off Before The Fall as well.
I stopped reading Plunderer. It got....weird.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I did not, I’m going to probably pick that up next.
and of course you know I am super into SnK. I actually really enjoy the spin off Before The Fall as well.
I stopped reading Plunderer. It got....weird.
I also dropped plunderer,do you read HxH?

shipleyy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also dropped plunderer,do you read HxH?
No but that’s another one that I almost jumped into
I heard really good things about it though. Everyone seems to praise the power scaling for that series.

Have you ever read Biomega ?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
No but that’s another one that I almost jumped into
I heard really good things about it though. Everyone seems to praise the power scaling for that series.

Have you ever read Biomega ?
Nope I didn't,is it good?