Discussion - Major Elemental Spirits | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Major Elemental Spirits

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This is a general discussion thread for the 4 major elemental spirits.
So far we have met 2 of the 4 Major Elemental Spirits, Sylph (Wind) with Juno and Salamander (Fire) with Fana. That leaves Water and Earth. Who do you guys think will get these spirits? Are they already serving a master who hasn't been introduced into the story or are yet to get one?
We've also seen just how powerful they are and how they boost their masters but which spirit do you think trumps or could potentially come out top? Typically, as elemental spirits, the trend is that they're usually particularly strong against one type but rather weak against the other but which spirit could provide the best boost or most impressive feats?

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think Noelle and Mars will get the Water and Earth spirits respectively.Although Water Temple arc was probably one of the best points in the story there could be to introduce the Water Spirit and make it choose Noelle,she could still get it later on in the story after the current chosen one of the spirit passes away or gets rejected by the spirit or she finds it some Dungeon.The same applies for the Earth Spirit and Mars.I also think the Water Spirit is with Kahono's mother or grand mother.And the Earth spirit could be somewhere in the Diamond Kingdom.

An alternative to this is Yuno getting all the four spirits in the future.It'll be pretty cool if he does get all the four spirits as the polar opposite of Asta.I mean,Asta can use no magic and it only makes sense for Yuno to be able to use all four major types of magic or even all kinds of magic.He could be the one with this ability to use all kinds of magic and is special,you know,as the polar opposite of Asta who is ordinary (As the Witch Queen says,"You are nothing special at all").

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think Noelle and Mars will get the Water and Earth spirits respectively.Although Water Temple arc was probably one of the best points in the story there could be to introduce the Water Spirit and make it choose Noelle,she could still get it later on in the story after the current chosen one of the spirit passes away or gets rejected by the spirit or she finds it some Dungeon.The same applies for the Earth Spirit and Mars.I also think the Water Spirit is with Kahono's mother or grand mother.And the Earth spirit could be somewhere in the Diamond Kingdom.

An alternative to this is Yuno getting all the four spirits in the future.It'll be pretty cool if he does get all the four spirits as the polar opposite of Asta.I mean,Asta can use no magic and it only makes sense for Yuno to be able to use all four major types of magic or even all kinds of magic.He could be the one with this ability to use all kinds of magic and is special,you know,as the polar opposite of Asta who is ordinary (As the Witch Queen says,"You are nothing special at all").
I'd like it if Juno were to get all four. It would make for some interesting comic relief if the spirits were to fight over who gets him, and the whole polar opposites being the closest of them all is very appealing.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd prefer of Noelle fought against the wielder of the Water Spirit rather than getting it, but given the way the series goes, it'll probably be revealed that she's had it since birth or something.

Anyway, I came into this thread to see where opinions lie on Vanessa's Fate Cat. It seems Spirit-esque and seems to possess the same level of power as an Elemental spirit just without the element.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It seams Tabata is using the Paracelsian concept of the elementals. Acording to that concept the elementals are the following:
  • elemental of air - Sylph or Sylvestris
  • elemental of fire - Salamander or Vulcanus
  • elemental of earth - Gnome/Gnomus or Pygmy
  • elemental of water - Undine or Nymph
Im really curious if Tabata will implement all spirit elementals in the story. It is strongly implied that he will since he introduced Sylph ans Salamander. The question then lies, where will he get the chance to introduce the remaining two. Even back then, during the beginning of the Seabed Temple arc, i was hoping we would be introduced to Undine. It would have been a good chance, since the arc was happening underwater, but i guess Tabata had other plans. As for the earth elemental spirit Gnome, i think there is a possibility hell be introduced in the Diamond kingdom, if the main cast ever travels there that is. The Diamond kingdom is mostly a barren land, so it wouldnt be a surprise if the spirit inhabits those lands. Or maybe someone of the new diamond generals already has it. Speculations, speculation eh :mono

As for the cat. its basically a physical manifestation of Vanessa's spell "Red Thread of Fate". Its not a spirit. I think :hmm

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Following the logic of Shonen, the spirit of water will necessarily go to Noelle.

The spirit of the earth .... boh. I imagine an antagonist, perhaps belonging to the Diamond Kingdom.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Following the logic of Shonen, the spirit of water will necessarily go to Noelle.

The spirit of the earth .... boh. I imagine an antagonist, perhaps belonging to the Diamond Kingdom.
Thought for sure Noelle would pick Undine at the water temple.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Thought for sure Noelle would pick Undine at the water temple.
Evidently he wants to keep it for a future arc, maybe for one in which Noelle will be the protagonist.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Evidently he wants to keep it for a future arc, maybe for one in which Noelle will be the protagonist.
It's a shame she didn't Undine/Noelle vs Salamander/Fana would've been a epic fight.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'd prefer of Noelle fought against the wielder of the Water Spirit rather than getting it, but given the way the series goes, it'll probably be revealed that she's had it since birth or something.

Anyway, I came into this thread to see where opinions lie on Vanessa's Fate Cat. It seems Spirit-esque and seems to possess the same level of power as an Elemental spirit just without the element.
Pretty interisting, aslo the fact who all poses, those Spirits. Why is that interisting and possible. You saw the Picture of Lichts Child and the Story Human and Elvish folk getting together. The Charackter.

https://www.mangareader.net/black-clover/134/2
https://www.mangareader.net/black-clover/134/2
In the second Window isn´t that a Person looks like Noel and isn´t Noel Mother did by her Birth. Maybe the whole family has elvish ties. That could also explain why the Silver Fangs also on this Mission. First Window person left on the Table.
Maybe also a lack of Charackter drawing, but a lot of the old elvish folk looks like Royal Knights Member or Royal Familys.

Noelle Silva

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Here is my prediction about who will have the four spirits:
Sylph of wind = yuno ( golden dawn )
Salamander of fire = fuegoleon --> leopold ( crimson lion )
Undine of water = noelle ( black bull )
Genome of earth = sol ( blue rose )
After all in order to be chosen by a spirit you should have the same attribute as it ( mars's is crystal so he can't have genome meanwhile sol's has earth magic)

Noelle Silva

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I believe Sol is too weak and marginal to receive a spirit.
Yup i didn't think. After who cares about such uninteresting element like earth.

refo44

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

My opinion is that Noelle already has the Water Elemental latent inside her (since childhood) but she cannot control it yet. I believe that is the reason Noelle' magic is so unstable and powerful.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
My opinion is that Noelle already has the Water Elemental latent inside her (since childhood) but she cannot control it yet. I believe that is the reason Noelle' magic is so unstable and powerful.
Best explanation I’ve heard so far

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Iambic someone in the Spade kingdom having Earth spirit and a demon.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Seeing how only the Earth Spirit is yet to appear, I wouldn't be surprised if the theory about it being in the Diamond Kingdom ends being truth after all. There's even speculation that the Diamond Kingdom may be the home of the dwarves, seeing the connection of the country with mining, and if the Earth Spirit ends being called Gnome, theres a possibility it will be connected to them, since gnomes are usually presented as little, bearded men, like dwarves. That way we will have each Spirit for every country of the "card suit continent":

Wind Spirit Sylph ----> Yuno ----> Spade Kingdom
Fire Spirit Salamander ----> Fuegoleon ----> Clover Kingdom
Water Spirit Undine ----> Lolopechka ----> Heart Kingdom
Earth Spirit Gnome (?) ----> ???? ----> Diamond Kingdom

Also, if the Spirit is in the Diamond Kingdom, it could be given to Mars to give him a power up so he could stand his own against the new enemies from the Spade Kingdom by the time he inevitably appears again in the series. While he doesn't possesses Earth Magic, his gem-based one is probably derivated from it, so he could perfectly become the master of the Earth Spirit without any problem.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Seeing how only the Earth Spirit is yet to appear, I wouldn't be surprised if the theory about it being in the Diamond Kingdom ends being truth after all. There's even speculation that the Diamond Kingdom may be the home of the dwarves, seeing the connection of the country with mining, and if the Earth Spirit ends being called Gnome, theres a possibility it will be connected to them, since gnomes are usually presented as little, bearded men, like dwarves. That way we will have each Spirit for every country of the "card suit continent":

Also, if the Spirit is in the Diamond Kingdom, it could be given to Mars to give him a power so he could stand his own against the new enemies from the Spade Kingdom by the time he inevitably appears again in the series. While he doesn't possesses Earth Magic, his gem-based one is probably derivated from it, so he could perfectly become the master of the Earth Spirit without any problem.
This makes a lot of sense. Nobody else in the manga who's relevant possess earth Magic and he's arguably the most important person Asta and co. have met from the Diamond Kingdom. This would be really cool

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

Also, if the Spirit is in the Diamond Kingdom, it could be given to Mars to give him a power up so he could stand his own against the new enemies from the Spade Kingdom by the time he inevitably appears again in the series. While he doesn't possesses Earth Magic, his gem-based one is probably derivated from it, so he could perfectly become the master of the Earth Spirit without any problem.
Doesn't work since Yuno is a part of Clover Kingdom now and picked Slyph up from there.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This makes a lot of sense. Nobody else in the manga who's relevant possess earth Magic and he's arguably the most important person Asta and co. have met from the Diamond Kingdom. This would be really cool
Exactly this. It would be a nice way to make Mars relevant in the current powerscale of the series and also a good excuse to explore the Diamond Kingdom, since we haven't see much of it so far.

Doesn't work since Yuno is a part of Clover Kingdom now and picked Slyph up from there.
I mentioned Yuno as an indirect representation. Is true that Yuno is now part of Clover, but he was still born in Spade and is a royal of all things, so even if his allegiance is not towards the Spade Kingdom, I was refering it to a more symbolic meaning. Also Sylph didn't appear exactly in the Clover Kingdom, the Dungeon where she was found was at a border between the Kingdoms of Clover and Diamond.