Games - Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game | Page 198 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Last edited:

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Shad, I feel like you intentionally played me. You must have expected I’d use last game to defend you. I hope you enjoyed your one time because I’m never giving you the benefit of doubt again.
Play make it sounds like it was good xD
Blame your expectation :hmph I guess I will need to die doctor next game >.<
In hindsight it looks like it was a plan, in the moment I was just going with the flow, and you wanted to see me as crazy!

How it feels when I'm scum, I was never even a player :blush

This is for everybody that felt betrayed, I promise next game I will betray you even better!

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Let's hope you're not already sick of people sharing their thoughts on the game haha xD

Anyway, must say I really enjoyed coming back to a MG after so long. Wasn't too motivated at first tbh, that's why I didn't post much, but at some point you always get sucked into the game :XD Almost getting lynched out of nowhere, seeing 2 mafias killed on a single day, getting a guilty result as a detective... lots of times where this MG really got me full of emotions :blushbirb Personally I struggled quite a lot with this Pirate role lol, was really unsure when and how to use it, but ultimately it worked out okay I would say.

In short, I think a mafia game is as much fun as it is time-consuming, but I'll definitely be back again with a hopefully smaller number of players! Now I wanna say a few things to some people directly.

@GrySun Is that your try to get me into the next MG? :toc Jokes aside, really appreciate your kind words ❤ Don't think I was the MVP tbh, but I would say I did decent in the end. Didn't give the culprits that much thought at first, but after I got detective I knew I had to pull my weight.
But I think you also did a fine job (just look at your post count, you really did your best), even if it probably wasn't among your stronger games. No one can be right all the time though, and I'm sure I will see you back in full force next game again : D

@Vandred Good job my friend :3 Being in mason pad with you was really interesting, was cool to see you're pretty much like I imagined, even if we didn't interact much before. Lots of respect for getting recruited as mafia and still playing both me and James like a fiddle.... xD You got a favorable rolemix for sure, but you still did a great job pretending to be townie - no one suspecting you speaks volumes. Funnily enough, I would've voted you anyway (to revive you), but when Evil outright went "Sure, let's vote for Vandred" I realized something's off lol. Not great that it got revealed this way I must admit, but I think everyone learned a thing or two from that.

@Gajeel You almost had it. SK winning would've been amazing, not gonna lie. Maybe some will say you had a favorable rolemix like Vandred, but I think you did really well for making it this far. Was very fun to see you play, and the roleplaying was hilarious too :lmao Hope to see you around next game, would be lovely if we could be mafia together :kukuku My bet is on someone digging up this post during my next MG and using it as an argument lol

@Evil3ye I think you're my MVP. Very aggressive play, but that made it all the more entertaining. In hindsight you did a great job with leading the pure townies along to lynch mafia, without making yourself look suspicious or too much of a danger for the mafia members. If not for the Golden Land turning Sakura into an illusion, who knows what might have happened. Anyway, always a joy to play with you :thumbs

@Farfalla Think you did a great too, really helpful posts and information in the beginning. Instantly noticed it was much harder to follow the game when you were gone :XD Shame you went out this early, but getting killed by the mafia early on always is a sign that you did a great job.

Shoutout to @AwkwardMisha, @Maryxxi and @Cinera. You three did a good job as newbies. A mafia game is a reaaally daunting task at times, so you all handled it incredibly well for your first time.

Last but not least @Purity of Magi @Copy Panda @GB @revo Thanks for hosting! :blush The game was every bit as spicy as I expected, a real rollercoaster of emotions and just outright insanity sometimes :hee It's easy to see how much effort and energy you all put into this game, and even if not everything went flawless, my hat's off to you for thinking up such an awesome game for us :worship Think by the end everyone was kind of tired, but it's thanks to you we got a very fun 15 days <3 Now take your much deserved rest!

This turned into quite the wall of text lol, so that's really enough from me now. For everyone I didn't mention, it was fun playing with you! See you all again next time :zomg (though definitely not next game....)

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Thank you for the game @Purity of Magi @Copy Panda and @GB @revo !!
It was quite fun to play ! Confusing sometimes too. The mechanics were interesting and easy to understand which is always a plus.

I'm happy town won in the end ! With how the days were dragging and the alive players were going in circles I had kinda lost hope but townies succeeded again ! Thank you GL.

Thanks to all the players too, you're the ones who make this game so fun to play after all. 31 players was only overwhelming when it was time to backread what I missed lol.

See you in the next game :lovebunny

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So, why was @Demonspeed hostkilled and what were the other problems @Hardy ?
I was host killed because I got that Gajeel was SK and PGO when I should have received nothing.

As for Hardy, it was because when I investigated Lala, they didn't tell us that she was also Super Mason and according to the interactions list Mafia Det learns main and secondary so his claim as Psychiatrist made things bad for him. They PMed me and him during this phase after his claim.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I was host killed because I got that Gajeel was SK and PGO when I should have received nothing.
Why? Were you already dead before that night? Targetting PGO should‘ve still given you results.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
They probably interpreted that pgo works before demon and as such he was never supposed to receive results (dead). Generally speaking this interaction doesn't really matter but with illusions and all now it did.

Or yeah he died some night before and coincidentally all this happened when he tried to go for the pgo.

It's not specified when pgo activates in the rules, fwiw.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why? Were you already dead before that night? Targetting PGO should‘ve still given you results.
Checked again.

N1 target: Lala.
N2 target: You.
N3 target: Gajeel.

And I got killed N3.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
They probably interpreted that pgo works before demon and as such he was never supposed to receive results (dead). Generally speaking this interaction doesn't really matter but with illusions and all now it did.

Or yeah he died some night before and coincidentally all this happened when he tried to go for the pgo.

Like, it's in the interaction list but not the role priority queue nor the role itself.

So yeah... That.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Targetting PGO should‘ve still given you results.
Never mind this, it wouldn't.

I think it is correctly done. While it's not explicitly stated, Dets should work the same as other roles such as Mentor or a kill on PGO. Those roles do not go through before dying to PGO, so Det likewise shouldn't go through.

It is specified when it activates, was decided in votings for Interaction thread i believe.

It is on the same priority as the role that targets him, but always happens before that targetting. So a Prostitute targets PGO, Prostitute dies in Priority 1 without blocking PGO. Mentor targets PGO, Mentor dies in Priority 3 before turning PGO into Mentee. Likewise, a Spy trying to check the Prostitute in the first scenario won't get a result because the Prostitute is dead before Spy targets it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Checked again.

N1 target: Lala.
N2 target: You.
N3 target: Gajeel.

And I got killed N3.
Yeah you were hostkilled because you had knowledge you weren't supposed to have regarding Gajeel. Unfortunate, but in that scenario there is no way to continue without hostkilling you.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
curious what litany of other problems hardy noticed
Nothing?

Never mind this, it wouldn't.

I think it is correctly done. While it's not explicitly stated, Dets should work the same as other roles such as Mentor or a kill on PGO. Those roles do not go through before dying to PGO, so Det likewise shouldn't go through.

It is specified when it activates, was decided in votings for Interaction thread i believe.

It is on the same priority as the role that targets him, but always happens before that targetting. So a Prostitute targets PGO, Prostitute dies in Priority 1 without blocking PGO. Mentor targets PGO, Mentor dies in Priority 3 before turning PGO into Mentee. Likewise, a Spy trying to check the Prostitute in the first scenario won't get a result because the Prostitute is dead before Spy targets it.

Yeah you were hostkilled because you had knowledge you weren't supposed to have regarding Gajeel. Unfortunate, but in that scenario there is no way to continue without hostkilling you.
Yeah ik but it's not in the rules themselves. Should probably have an * somewhere.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah ik but it's not in the rules themselves. Should probably have an * somewhere.
Tbf a lot of role descriptions should be rewritten. Interaction thread should be for interactions between roles, not the basic functionality. M. Det for example should have in the description that it sees the secondary role as well, with how frequent those are nowadays it's important enough to state.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Loved the game and the theme. You did great hosts! Like a harvest (of souls *insert evil laugh*) celebration so fitting for the time period. Wish I could have been more focused on it but life + I got sick (we have rhinovirus going around so think it’s that). Also I never trusted my mafia team. I’m sorry I kept blocking ppl different from pad. (Was really randomizing from a select Choice) because I didn’t trust my mafia team. When I looked how large it at the beginning was and saw 3 mafia masons, I thought to myself - there’s probably 3 lovers in the group. The only one that felt ok was Demon. Everyone else was shady.

Sorry @MarmaladeSky I was really playing kind of town for the game and didn’t really know what to do when you tagged me so went full on mafia traitor. But in mafia pad I called a blackout for you. Blackout is where you kill everyone involved that touched you. In real life it’s not a good situation as a blackout would mean everything dies - animals, neighbors, children, friends....... but felt guilty So was like DD, evil, all of them have to die!!

@Erinyes, I actually was playing town and thought you were third party. We talked about it in mafia pad that you were shady af. I did have a thought that went through my mind like “it would be funny if she’s a shady detective and not tp.” But the stress of work and the game was catching up to me then.

Shad!!! I always thought you were the third lover!!!!!

And we were suppose to block Vandred night one!!! But I couldn’t block Van on First night. Whatever role he had, wanted him to enjoy it!!! And he choose to recruit Lambu!!!! :emocat I’m sorry for all those curses in my head at you in the beginning because you turned out to be traitor anyway. :clingy

I have to say that even though it was a large team there wasn’t the normal cohesion in the beginning for the mafia team. We all just threw each other under the bus.

@GrySun why you salty? You were all over the place this game.

And evil!!!! I wanted to stab you all game!!!! You triggered my fake person radar!!!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Wait. I think I’m suppose to be sorry for that. Gomen 🙏🏻

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Loved the game and the theme. You did great hosts! Like a harvest (of souls *insert evil laugh*) celebration so fitting for the time period. Wish I could have been more focused on it but life + I got sick (we have rhinovirus going around so think it’s that). Also I never trusted my mafia team. I’m sorry I kept blocking ppl different from pad. (Was really randomizing from a select Choice) because I didn’t trust my mafia team. When I looked how large it at the beginning was and saw 3 mafia masons, I thought to myself - there’s probably 3 lovers in the group. The only one that felt ok was Demon. Everyone else was shady.

Sorry @MarmaladeSky I was really playing kind of town for the game and didn’t really know what to do when you tagged me so went full on mafia traitor. But in mafia pad I called a blackout for you. Blackout is where you kill everyone involved that touched you. In real life it’s not a good situation as a blackout would mean everything dies - animals, neighbors, children, friends....... but felt guilty So was like DD, evil, all of them have to die!!

@Erinyes, I actually was playing town and thought you were third party. We talked about it in mafia pad that you were shady af. I did have a thought that went through my mind like “it would be funny if she’s a shady detective and not tp.” But the stress of work and the game was catching up to me then.

Shad!!! I always thought you were the third lover!!!!!

And we were suppose to block Vandred night one!!! But I couldn’t block Van on First night. Whatever role he had, wanted him to enjoy it!!! And he choose to recruit Lambu!!!! :emocat I’m sorry for all those curses in my head at you in the beginning because you turned out to be traitor anyway. :clingy

I have to say that even though it was a large team there wasn’t the normal cohesion in the beginning for the mafia team. We all just threw each other under the bus.

@GrySun why you salty? You were all over the place this game.

And evil!!!! I wanted to stab you all game!!!! You triggered my fake person radar!!!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Wait. I think I’m suppose to be sorry for that. Gomen 🙏🏻
How much did you randomize this post? :fan

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
loool sorry Jinx, but with Sakura I was panicing because that you backstabbed Marmalade we won't ever be able to get rid of you, so, had to capitalize to the maximum on the slightest slip up.

Since it's that time of a year again, could you Hosties please finish the role reveals in OP, including sanities etc.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.