Games - Mafia Game 69 - Overlord - Postgame | Page 44 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 69 - Overlord - Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The sun rises on Nazarick, it was a cold day with icy wind howling outside, and the surviving members of The Tomb gathered once again around Lord Ainz. He had an important announcement to make.
They had found Pandora's Actor body, lifeless in the snow. No signs of violence were found.

James Rye
Doctor

What a terrible loss, everyone was already losing faith and even Lord Ainz, with all his might, looked kind of depressed with the news...

But... suddenly, the body raised on its own feet... (?)

"It was all an act guys" :kappa

What the..? How could this happen?! Albedo had checked the body and it was definitely dead! What's the meaning of this...

Oh my! Santa Claus has come!! He had been handing gifts secretly to all the members of Nazarick to cheer them up, and as a 5th gift he gave Pandora's actor a superprotection charm!

What a Christmas Miracle! \=3=/

THIRD PARTY WINS!!!

The Grynch

:lambirb

GrySun
Santa Claus

Congratulations and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

:confetti

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Role list

• @Asako as Brain Unglaus >>> Sane Apprentice >>> Becomes Detective in N2 >>> Lynched D3
  • @lindananahayashida as Cocytus >>> Mafia Detective
  • @Belserion as Sebas >>> Death Miller
  • @MarmaladeSky as Momon >>> Innocent Child >>> Lynched D2
  • @Seraph as Yuri Alpha >>> Spy >>> Daykilled D3
  • @James Rye as Pandora's Actor >>> Sane Doctor
  • @Takuan as Mare Bello Fiore >>> Hider
  • @GrySun as Lupus Regina Beta >>> Santa Claus >>> Winner!
  • @Crescent Jinx as Shalltear >>> Noble >>> Lynched D1
  • @Jammin as Hamsuke >>> Shapeshifter >>> Lynched D5
  • @Zasz as Aura Bello Fiore >>> Daytime Vigilante >>> Turns into Illusion in N3
  • @Juviii as Narberal Gamma >>> Mortician
  • @gnut as Gazef >>> Sane Doctor >>> Becomes Freeman in D3 >>> Killed N3
  • @desin24 as Shasuryu Shasha >>> Mafia Boss >>> Turns into Illusion in N2
  • @SonOfDaws as Entoma Vasilissa Zeta >>> Prostitute >>> Killed N1
  • @Gryffindor as Demiurge >>> Mafia Janitor >>> Turns into Illusion in N4
  • @revo as Climb >>> Mafia Gambler
  • @digitaldude as Solution Epsilon >>> Sane Detective >>> Killed N2
  • @Vandred as Jirnic >>> Insane Detective >>> Dies due to poison in N2

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok guys, here are the Night Actions! o/

Night 1 Actions:

Vandred >>>>> Investigates Seraph >>>>> Guilty!
DD
>>>>> Investigates Jammin >>>>> Guilty!
Seraph
>>>>> Spies on Belserion >>>>> Gets Nothing
Gnut >>>>> Protects Belserion >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects GrySun >>>>> Success!
Asako
>>>>> Learns from Vandred >>>>> Success!
GrySun
>>>>> Gives Gift #1 to Vandred >>>>> Success! Vandred is poisoned
Daws
>>>>> Blocks desin >>>>> Fails! due to 12% chance of fail on desin (lol)
Linda >>>>> Investigates DD >>>>> Success! Gets he's Det
Gryffindor
>>>>> Janitorizes Daws >>>>>> Success! Gets Daws' role.
Takuan
>>>>> Hides behind nobody
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind GrySun >>>>> Success! but doesn't kill him due to Doc's protection

Night 2 Actions:

Vandred >>>>> Investigates Asako >>>>> Guilty! (But dies due to poison)
DD >>>>> Investigates GrySun >>>>> Guilty! (But is killed by Janitor)
Takuan >>>>> Hides behind Zasz >>>>> Success!
Asako
>>>>> Learn from Vandred >>>>> Success! Thanks to 15% chance of assured success becomes Det.
Juviii >>>>> Checks Daws corpse >>>>> Success!
Seraph
>>>>> Spies on Asako >>>>> Success! Gets she targetted Van
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind Desin >>>>> Success! desin becomes an illusion.
James
>>>>> Protects gnut >>>>> Success!
Gry
>>>>> Sends Gift #2 to gnut >>>>> Success! gnut becomes Freeman :lambirb
gnut >>>>> Protects Jammin >>>>> Success!
Gryffindor
>>>>> Kills DD >>>>> Success! he gets his role.
Linda >>>>> Investigates Belserion >>>>> Success! Gets she's DM

Night 3 Actions:

Juviii >>>>> Checks Vandred's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>>> Protects Takuan >>>>> Success!
Takuan
>>>>> Hides behind Linda >>>>> Fails! Hides behind Gryff's teammate!
Gry
>>>>> Gives Gift #3 Gryffindor >>>>> Success! His stats are reset to zero (heh)
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind Zasz >>>>> Success! Zasz becomes an Illusion.
Linda >>>>> Investigates Jammin >>>>> Success! Gets he's SS
Gryffindor
>>>>> Janitorizes gnut >>>>> Success! Gets his role and D4 is skipped

Night 4 Actions:

Juviii >>>>> Checks digitaldude's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects Takuan >>>>> Success! (Good call)
Gry >>>>> Gives Gift #4 to linda >>>>> Success! She gets NVD
Jammin >>>>> Hides Behind Gryff >>>>> Success! He becomes an Illusion
Linda >>>>> Investigates James >>>>> Success! Gets he's Doc
Gryff >>>>> Janitorizes Takuan >>>>> Fails!
Takuan
>>>>>> Hides behind linda >>>>>> Fails! Hides behind Gryff's teammate!

Night 5 Actions

Juviii
>>>>> Checks desin's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects Gry >>>>> Success!
Gry
>>>>> Gives Gift #5 to James >>>>> Success! Wins the game!
Linda
>>>>>> Investigates Gry >>>>> Success!
Revo
>>>>>> Kills James >>>>>> Fails thanks to the magic of xmas! =3=

Nice Trivia!:
  • James saved the Grynch on N1
  • Seraph was on point in almost all his deduction during DayPhases
  • DD investigated both TPs in two nights, shame he was caught first.
  • Gry betrays Van once more (even if he didn't know it...heh)

Also we were quite surprised with how underrated Agility was. It certainly had potential to change a lot of developments if more points were spent on it. Defense was good, but against strength users it was pretty much useless. :p

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
You thought I was mafia tho :rolleyes: in this case me not being Town didn’t explain me surviving, was all by myself. You Spying on me isn‘t a problem since I was going with an active claim anyway. Prolly only time I claim passive would be when I‘m nit lying :lmao And could’ve easily claimed same targets. But Juviii had a much trickier role,

Tho, you coul‘ve confirmed me as a Santa, theoretically. So very glad Zasz took careof you :kappa

Also @Jammin and @revo liking Seraph death post and both were anti town :heh
You underestimate me Gry if you believe i couldn't have come up with something to get you lynched :heh I probably would've quoted your Post where you told me not to make any theories on you being Anti-Town over and over...:fan

Fun Fact: I hadn't trusted Revo ever since she told me the first time that it is too soon to give a hint in a game that had been moving slower than a turtle crawls.:grumble
I had trusted Jammin though...he played his disguise well.:disappoint

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
It really is impressive to see how many times he's managed to get me killed mostly accidentally, especially considering we have an agreement of not trying to kill one another :lmao
Some strange fate :feelsbadman You killed me when I tried to Mason recruit you, but I killed you accidentally more often. The Mentor time, the BK reveal(tho there were 5 names and 2 SKs among those so you didn’t need to give up :XD) and this game. Don’t recall more times :hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Aye boyz, hinting early only helps the scum, we should all try to be as shady as possible all the time
I learned the hard way that claiming early doesn’t count worth anything. People can and will still distrust and lynch you later. So why should I rush my claim? Let the cute townies claim first :lambirb Juviii did screw up a bit, should‘ve pushed for reveals before claiming stuff like Prostitute, Spy or Mortician, as those particularly find lies.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Its hilarious! :clap

Except for that part! :box
James had me protected anyway, as I thought he would protect his Bodyguard :XD Unless you or revo had Str stats?

Hosts would also be nice to know people‘s stats distribution, and how points could be earned.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Fun Fact: I hadn't trusted Revo ever since she told me the first time that it is too soon to give a hint in a game that had been moving slower than a turtle crawls.:grumble
I improvise most of times :lmao. But I knew I couldn't be with your "trust" too much, Zasz's was a savior there :heh.
Also @Jammin and @revo liking Seraph death post and both were anti town :heh
You being alive is my biggest regret :nod.
But I'm a newbie condemned to be Mafia, or it seems :kappa

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
DD >>>>> Investigates GrySun >>>>> Guilty! (But is killed by Janitor) yep I would have revealed if I survived and it would be over for grysun, turned out for the best townies weren't winning anyway.
How about you investigate mafias instead of us poor TPs? :emobirb @Jammin

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I improvise most of times :lmao. But I knew I couldn't be with your "trust" too much, Zasz's was a savior there :heh.
Yeah he "saved" a couple of folks from my observations and deductions,smart move gotta give him that.:grumble

If i had just been a Jesus-Spy right?.:lambirb

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
@lindananahayashida btw you‘re one of my favorite newbies yet. Hope to see you in more games in the future :nod Think you had fun right? And love your cheeky post-game backreading and liking of posts :XD As reminders of things said in past.

Playing as mafias is arguably the most fun way to play this game, but being other roles and alignments has it‘s own charm too. See you next game hopefully ^^
I like everybody's death posts.:XD

I actually thought you were the Hider, by the way. Since I missed when I tried to ghost you on N1.
Why still try the Hider claim tho? :hmm @Juviii claimed Hider when she was Shapeshifter before too. It‘s the closest to the actual thing, but that doesn‘t make it a necessarily good claim. Mafia knew your role, but not sure if they could‘ve lynched you if not for Takuan. Desin was trying to fake a Det to get you, but not sure how well he‘d be believed. Taking the roles of janitorized people isn‘t very reliable, since most knew DD was Det, and 3 Dets isn‘t a thing here, or very unlikely.
You underestimate me Gry if you believe i couldn't have come up with something to get you lynched :heh I probably would've quoted your Post where you told me not to make any theories on you being Anti-Town over and over...:fan

I had trusted Jammin though...he played his disguise well.:disappoint
Haha maybe. Try your luck again another time :rolleyes: Tho in this case killing me wouldn‘t have helped town much, and you were thinking I was mafia. So were James and Juviii(Gryff jumping on the thought train), even tho I was all alone :nah
But I did miss you in the WoW game, gotta play more Seraph! :edu
You being alive is my biggest regret :nod.
:lmao The feeling of regret is the most prevalent one for mafia post games, hope you like it :fan I regretted so much in so many games. But does get you pumped to „next time“ :nod

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why still try the Hider claim tho? :hmm @Juviii claimed Hider when she was Shapeshifter before too. It‘s the closest to the actual thing, but that doesn‘t make it a necessarily good claim. Mafia knew your role, but not sure if they could‘ve lynched you if not for Takuan. Desin was trying to fake a Det to get you, but not sure how well he‘d be believed. Taking the roles of janitorized people isn‘t very reliable, since most knew DD was Det, and 3 Dets isn‘t a thing here, or very unlikely.
A) I had no way of knowing that.
B) I explained in my post my strategy (which didn't work obviously) which was based on a misunderstanding of my role.
C) You should thank James for saving your life. Without his N1 block this game would have been even more amazing.:XD

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Haha maybe. Try your luck again another time :rolleyes: Tho in this case killing me wouldn‘t have helped town much, and you were thinking I was mafia. So were James and Juviii(Gryff jumping on the thought train), even tho I was all alone :nah
But I did miss you in the WoW game, gotta play more Seraph! :edu
I would've but after my last game where Van had put me on the BBQ and my studies kept piling up on me i felt like taking a "Vacation",i did follow the WoW Game here and there though. Honestly envied those Avatars,they looked awesome.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just imagine the glorious finish Zasz almost managed to set off. Without that one block. Shapshifter, Santa, Mafia Boss, and Janitor all in one shot.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Hollow victory how? :lmao This is best victory for a Santa possible. It‘d be stupid to hunt mafias honestly when Santa doesn’t care. I admit it didn’t feel like a mafia game tho.. Missed the thrill of trying to lynch the right person, only had the joy of picking correct night targets. Don’t even know what my presents do.. So that makes Santa rather unfun. Planning strats around 5 presents you know you have would be much more exciting.

And wasn‘t as little as possible participation :nah Missed one day phase mostly, but otherwise did as much as many others. =3=
But 50 posts in the whole game for GrySun is like 3 posts per day for everyone else -3- And missing one day phase means 25% of the whole game, considering there were only four of them :e3

Also, to be honest I'm pretty certain that those who say they can't participate because they have something keeping them busy in real life get targeted a lot less often and less early (just like noobs don't tend to be targeted until the last phases), because we're very nice people. But nothing that could be done about that.

I'm not really serious about it anyway, a victory is a victory :edu But the more challenging ones are the most fun, in my opinion. If you ask me, a lot of things fortuitously went your way, like all the investigators being gone by D3, gnut getting killed as soon as he turned Freeman, only one person being questioned at a time every day, or nobody actually being concerned that Santa was one night away from winning, mafia included :XD As well as not having to give meaningful hints until the last day, which is still something that baffles me every time the town achieves this kind of results. These games need more activity, folks :noworry

Some strange fate :feelsbadman You killed me when I tried to Mason recruit you, but I killed you accidentally more often. The Mentor time, the BK reveal(tho there were 5 names and 2 SKs among those so you didn’t need to give up :XD) and this game. Don’t recall more times :hmm
That time you thought I was in niichan's mafia and lynched me for being thoughtful and polite? Forgot that one? :nah

And I technically didn't kill you with that recruitment attempt, that was all you. :lambirb
I was actually a victim there, since you were spied on and they found out that you had targeted me. :lambirb
So that makes five times in total, not four, @Asako :emobirb

I learned the hard way that claiming early doesn’t count worth anything. People can and will still distrust and lynch you later. So why should I rush my claim? Let the cute townies claim first :lambirb Juviii did screw up a bit, should‘ve pushed for reveals before claiming stuff like Prostitute, Spy or Mortician, as those particularly find lies.
Yep, that's precisely why townies should do it instead. Followed by lynching those who refuse, of course :nod

Out of the four people who didn't give any hint on D1 were you, Gryff, Linda and Juviii - three out of four were guilty as sin :catshrug So I know what to do if I ever get a daykill, alright -3-

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I'm pretty certain that those who say they can't participate because they have something keeping them busy in real life get targeted a lot less often and less early (just like noobs don't tend to be targeted until the last phases), because we're very nice people.
Tell that to @Crescent Jinx and @MarmaladeSky :lmao

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Sooooooooooooooo
When is the next game :zomg:zomg:zomg

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I'm not really serious about it anyway, a victory is a victory :edu But the more challenging ones are the most fun, in my opinion. If you ask me, a lot of things fortuitously went your way, like all the investigators being gone by D3, gnut getting killed as soon as he turned Freeman, only one person being questioned at a time every day, or nobody actually being concerned that Santa was one night away from winning, mafia included :XD As well as not having to give meaningful hints until the last day, which is still something that baffles me every time the town achieves this kind of results. These games need more activity, folks :noworry
I do agree with you, it‘s just that I feel winning any other way as Santa isn‘t possible :XD Needs absurd levels of luck, and there‘s not actually much in terms of strategies a Santa can do. Think he should know his presents and freely gift the one he wants when he wants, so he can plan it rather than me getting gnut into a Freeman by luck.

As for activity, yeah that‘s sadly how things are. I had to miss one day, but for the others I would‘ve said more had I gotten pressured but I haven‘t. People are perfectly fine with waiting so long for more reveals. Maybe everyone afraid for their own roles getting out and becoming a target? At least I myself had an excuse why I didn‘t overpressure, I made some argument for why this game sharing less is better :nerd

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
That time you thought I was in niichan's mafia and lynched me for being thoughtful and polite? Forgot that one? :nah

And I technically didn't kill you with that recruitment attempt, that was all you. :lambirb
I was actually a victim there, since you were spied on and they found out that you had targeted me. :lambirb
So that makes five times in total, not four, @Asako :emobirb
That one was intentional, but was before we revised our agreement a bit. But yeah :emobirb

LMAO yeah just remembered, even with that I kinda killed you, but kamikaze-ish. Wanted you as my mason tho :crying

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! My game is in February!!!!!
:arf:handgun Have had that month called since August!!!!! Nobody else better do one in February or Jan for that matter!!!!!

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Im going to talk to Koko about that...maybe we host next month or February:thumbs
Do remember to write your games in schedule, so people don‘t cut into each other.
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! My game is in February!!!!!
:arf:handgun Have had that month called since August!!!!! Nobody else better do one in February or Jan for that matter!!!!!
Not in list :p So gotta talk to gnut about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.