Artist - LOONA【이달의 소녀】 | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Artist LOONA【이달의 소녀】

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

w a v e y
daaaammmnn 😢
I imagine forest, mountain, beach, grassland, sunny or rainy, but night with galaxy background is great too 😢
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wonder if there's a YT version of it, cuz twitter videos' length is very limited

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Not aware, at least I haven't seen them link to a YT channel

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
oh btw how many wins have the girls snatched so far?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
oh btw how many wins have the girls snatched so far?
This comeback? none so far. They most likely would have won The Show last week but it was cancelled. For some covid protocol reason they haven't been having episodes the last week of the month, which doesn't make much sense to me since other shows don't follow the same schedule, but I digress.

They had their comeback the same day as Seventeen, NCT is/was still promoting, Twice and TXT both came back the week after them, BTS and Blackpink are still eligible for wins on the weekend shows, the competition is too insane to win on most shows unfortunately. With them opening a US store, the main focus for this comeback has been debuting on the Billboard 200 list and...

So fuck wins, I guess. If it happens later in promotions before BTS comes back, fair enough. But sometimes it's just not in the cards, October/November is usually nuts with everyone trying to have comebacks before the music award shows happen, but this time it was especially crowded. They're not at the point domestically where they chart highly on the most popular streaming services in Korea, so they're at a disadvantage in the scoring even if they sell way more albums than some other groups.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
what are the requirements for a group to get to debut on Billboard 200?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
what are the requirements for a group to get to debut on Billboard 200?
You have to sell enough "units" in the US. Units are albums sold (physical and digital) and streams. Streams are counted as fractions usually since you aren't actually paying for the music. There's also a radio component, but in general KPop doesn't receive much play on radio stations at all.

It really depends on the week with how high you can place. Twice's More&More hit #200 with lower units than 12:00's first week (around 6K), but artists have made it onto the chart with lower than 3K units iirc. 12:00 had more than More&More in it's first week, but their US store didn't ship the physical albums people bought until the second week. I think they wanted to try charting only with digital sales/streams at first and then use physicals to stay on the chart for another week, but it seems like they just barely missed out on the first part. If both were counted in the same tracking week they would have debuted much higher than #112 most likely, as they sold nearly 15k units total.

This was too funny, had to share here

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Crazy to think that they might be ending promotions already this week. Basically unheard of for them, and so many shows were cancelled or didn't air that it seems like there weren't that many stages. Maybe they're ending them sooner so they can come back sooner? Someone who wrote music for them before mentioned they were working with them again "very very soon", but it's impossible to get your hopes up as an Orbit...

Think it was a false alarm in the end. Apparently M Countdown goes on break in the weeks leading up to the MAMA broadcast (12/6). They're not performing at Inkigayo Sunday but are on schedules for shows next week it seems.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

It's so cheesy, but it's Kim Shin Young so it's funny. :lmao . It almost reminds me of SNSD...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

They ended Why Not promotions today on Inkigayo, but posted this at midnight??

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
universe mv when

heejin's visualssssssss :blai

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

wtf? So they're back doing their end of era teasers then. Didn't get one since the end of Butterfly promotions.

Looks like Haseul at the end too. Wasn't expecting them to tease something like that in that manner without an announcement first honestly.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Haseul
On Hiatus since January
Since January this year?

Some of them have representative fruits and some don't have one... wtf?

And only the maknae doesn't belong in a sub-group. That's fucked up.

Why Not is fun song.

I changed my MapleStory buff macro to "OohLa2Awe3" (due to limited characters)
Previously it was "We Woo" and "Let's Power Up"

Lots of product placement in the music video as well (those products sponsored them right? e.g. Converse)

Is there a Loona Converse designer shoes?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Since January this year?
No, January 2020.

Some of them have representative fruits and some don't have one... wtf?

And only the maknae doesn't belong in a sub-group. That's fucked up.
It's for lore reasons, only the yyxy members and Choerry have them.

She was supposed to be in 1/3 but clues point to it being changed last minute. She was 14 when she debuted, so she couldn't skip school to promote since she was only in middle school. They say she's the "/" in it though. When/If they return to subunit stuff she'll probably be included.

Why Not is fun song.

I changed my MapleStory buff macro to "OohLa2Awe3" (due to limited characters)
Previously it was "We Woo" and "Let's Power Up"

Lots of product placement in the music video as well (those products sponsored them right? e.g. Converse)

Is there a Loona Converse designer shoes?
What product placement?

Idk if there's a Converse endorsement or not, but there probably should be lol. It's another thing that exists for lore reasons though. They're been in MVs since predebut.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Olivia Hye looks like Kang Han-na.

I like her and Chuu the most, so far.

HyunJin and JinSoul are look alikes.

If it weren't for JinSoul's curly hair.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Olivia Hye looks like Kang Han-na.

I like her and Chuu the most, so far.

HyunJin and JinSoul are look alikes.

If it weren't for JinSoul's curly hair.
I think Olivia looks more like a mix between Twice's Mina and WJSN's Bona

Hyunjin said that back when Jinsoul was blonde because it was harder to tell. I don't know, maybe. But the triplet line is Hyunjin, Choerry, and Olivia really.

She doesn't have curly hair it's just styled that way

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Unlike Wonyoung (Iz*One) Nayeon (Twice) and Yoona (SNSD). I actually like HeeJin as the center of the group.

Hyunjin, Choerry, and Olivia
Olivia's make up makes it easier to distinguish her from those two.

HyunJin's face is more pointy while Choerry's face is more round.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Unlike Wonyoung (Iz*One) Nayeon (Twice) and Yoona (SNSD). I actually like HeeJin as the center of the group.
Hmm, but unlike those she's not the official center. But sure, she has a lot of center time.

(what's the issue with those though?)

Olivia's make up makes it easier to distinguish her from those two.

HyunJin's face is more pointy while Choerry's face is more round.
Make-up isn't a facial feature though. She has a mouth similar to Mina's (triangular), but her eyes are closer to Bona's maybe. I sort of see it with the actress you mentioned, but not as much as those two combined IMO.

It's because they're close in age, height, body type, and have always had dark hair. They're also all the maknae in their respective subunits. Even staff gets them confused and there's a lot of lore reasons for them being grouped up as well. But it's also likely an inspiration from SNSD's triplets - Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I prefer the other centers; Eunbi, Jihyo and Seohyun.
Prefer them in what sense? As singers? dancers? or in general? Because I guess the point is none of them are considered the center by their companies. Jihyo has Center time often but it's because of her being Main Vocal.

Unlike Main Vocal/Dancer/Rapper, it doesn't seem like groups with Centers have more than one, regardless of the size. Not really sure why that is. Especially since it seems to correlate to line distribution or screen focus usually. Yoona for instance is the Center in SNSD but she was usually low as far as line distribution goes and she wasn't a main dancer either. But it seems nowadays that Centers are almost always high in line distribution. Not sure if it always has the same meaning.

I think people call Heejin the Center because she's similar to Nayeon - she starts off most of their title tracks, has a lot of Center time, usually has a lot of lines, but if you really break it down she doesn't have the most center time in all of their title tracks. Yves and Kim Lip do in some as well.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeah in terms of having the most abundant lines, and screentime in the MVs.

Maybe center isn't the word I'm looking for. The member with the highest exposure I guess?