Light Novel - Long Live Summons! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Long Live Summons!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a thread for discussing the Chinese Wuxia webnovel Long Live Summons.

Synopsis:

Long Live Summons is the story of a young man of questionable character who through some questionable decision making finds himself in the body of a boy in another world who had committed suicide when he received word of a broken engagement. In this new world where power is based upon summoning magic(think pokemon but cooler) it's up to him to turn the life of a person generally considered a failure into the man he wants to be. Which is a legendary and shameless pervert.

My thoughts:

This series has a major advantage over every other Wuxia web novel out there. The protagonist Yue Yang, who is my favorite Wuxia character. Likeable and more often than not hilariously funny. He's a good natured guy(kinda) but also utterly shameless. He is especially refreshing if your tired of pride and revenge driven characters. Whether it's shamelessly flirting with girls, telling ridiculous and long winded lies with a huge grin on his face, or being incredibly petty about anybody more handsome than him Yue Yang is a character that keeps me thoroughly entertained every single chapter.

You can find where to read it here.
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/long-live-summons/

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
One of my favorite series! I really like the shameless personality of Yue Yang! I love how he impresses the girls by saying that he wrote all the classic Chinese poems himself. Perks of being a Dimensional traveler.

Discussion :

How come Yue Yang and the tragic guy look similar to each other? They even share same name (tragic guy: the one who committed suicide and whose place Yue Yang took after crossing dimensions).

@Jammin LLS is not a wuxia novel. It would come in xuanhuan category (fantasy featuring adventures and wars).

wuxia(martial arts), xianxia (martial arts blended with Taoist magic. Immortal Ascension and talks of Dao), xuanhuan (fantasy featuring adventures and wars)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the clarification. I've just always called them Wuxia.

And, yeah, Yue Yang is just awesome. It's funny how his lies are so shameless that even though nobody believes them they still can't call him on it because they are too speechless. Except Yue Bing who believes ever single word he says.:XD

I'm a big fan of all his love interests too. It's funny how all of them pretty much know what kind of person he is and like him anyway.

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
For a harem the love interests are rather interesting.

His entire family actually thinks he's a good guy :XD If only they knew about his true personality. His fourth mother would die from shock. She would wonder how he got so shameless even though he was under her care all along :XD I'm surprised that the characters are not blaming her for his shameless personality. Poor her